Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Metaview has done it again. Earworm is a app in the beta feeds that extracts the audio from Youtube videos and creates an .aac file

I asked Metaview where to post suggestions etc.. hence this thread being started.

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    wow, that's awesome! KUDOS!
    Is it possible to scroll the list of discovered songs? I haven't been able too. It is very sensitive to touch on the list so I might not be "doing it right".
  4.    #4  
    @govotsos that is why I asked Metaview where to post suggestions. I was having the same problem.
    It only shows a fixed max of results. Maybe I let let the 15th result enabled, which isn't visible anymore, because of the list title. Will fix it.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Is there some reason not to show more than 15 results other than that's what fits on one screen?
    The screen space is the only reason, I'm too lazy to add something for scrolling. Should I? I've also posted a small update: 1.0.1. Should be online soon.
    Last edited by MetaView; 01/15/2011 at 02:08 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    The screen space is the only reason, I'm too lazy to add something for scrolling. Should I? I've also posted a small update: 1.0.1. Should be online soon.
    I recommend a scroll feature is there a way to see the file size? I ask because I was looking for a speech and I had to download two files because the first one wasn't the right length.
    I haven't seen the file size in the result yet, but I will add more infos soon. Then I might need to use more space per entry and then some way to scroll is a must...
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    GUI will get much nicer when Hybrid Apps will be allowed, I guess?

Is it possible that Earworm uses LOTS of battery, more than PDK games? Is there a busy loop while downloading?
    would it be possible to implement the possibility to add tags like artist, album...and maybe album art extracted from the youtube video? Truly great app!
  12.    #12  
    update is available now!
  13.    #13  
    HOw about a history of searches you have completed.
    A busy loop while downloading? Is the only thread running, checking events for cancel from time to time...
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    A busy loop while downloading? Is the only thread running, checking events for cancel from time to time...
    Do you have your own TCP code in C or are you using a Palm service for downloading?

I was just speculating why it eats that much battery.
    Excellent app! Thanks MetaView! You've done it again. I've been trying to get a recording of an old Christmas song (Eighteen Cents) for many years and this got it first time. How long? The only recording I've found is on an LP we got at a gas station when they gave them away with a fillup.
    Great concept and app! Just to report I get quite a few 'error 302's and wonder what these mean?
    @sidamos: it's my own http and download code in C, hm

@palmdoc: 302 is a redirection, the app follows one redirection but not all
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    @sidamos: it's my own http and download code in C, hm
    Have you run "top" while it downloads? Does it use 100% CPU? It should not, I guess.
    wow great app. Lovin' it.
    thank you so much
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast