Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We're currently developing a new Twitter client, but not a normal one :-)
    I want to give you a sneak peak, it's a passive Twitter client.

It's called Twithibition - maybe you can guess what this client does (webOS 2.x *wink*wink*) but it's also fully runable in "normal" mode on all 1.4.x devices.

EDIT:
    So here we go with the new design and some more features we implemented the last 3 days. Hope you like it :-)

Home Timeline - main view

Home Timeline - tweet is faved

Home Timeline - Some details on a "tap"

Landscape Mode - of course!

Preferences - Accounts (oAuth) and searches (public) available

Preferences - some more options :-)

Feature:
    • Auto-scroll in calculated interval to next tweet
    • manual scroll possible - of course!
    • press and hold "f" to favorite a tweet
    • press and hold "r" to retweet a status
    • tap somewhere to see the details (like when it was posted)

Most of the work is done, we have to test it and adjust the fav/rt colors a little. But the main features are there and also the design.

I'm interested to see what you think.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Awesome!
    good idea, cant wait!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    looks great!
    This looks good someone just shared a screenshot of a similar app called trickle on another os
    Looking forward to seeing this in action "wink""wink" HPalm...update please.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Twitter without an account - then perhaps I'll find a small space in my life for Twitter too ...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This looks good someone just shared a screenshot of a similar app called trickle on another os
    Sean, it seems so. Didn't knew that, I got a screenshot via twitter with the app named "Trickle". This app is already available, so we have to change the design of Twithibition, this is really awful, because a slick dark and clean design is hard to find/change...

So it will take a little longer.
    Wait, so you only had to change the design of your app because another app on a different OS looks like it?

I wouldn't worry about that, but surely your redesigned app will be way better than their app!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Looks good let me know if you need a tester

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I am liking this program so far. I hope you will implement exhibition into the app. This would be nice to put on the touchstone and view the tweets. I am still figuring out tweet speed. Does the network refresh affect that or is that just when it refreshes the twitter feed similiar to getting email at a predetermined interval? I like the dark theme but is there any way you make it glossy black? I installed it late last night so I didn't get chance to go through all aspects of the app. More to follow.
  12.    #13  
    Thanks for the info mamouton.
    To your questions, the name Twithibition says's it, it will get a that webOS2 feature when it's officially available. Not before, NDA, sorry...

With tweet speed you mean the time between the scrolls?
    This is calculated based on the tweets length. If a tweet has e.g. 30 chars, that it's only displayed 10 seconds. If a tweet is e.g. 90 chars, tweet length is calculated and is maybe 22 seconds or so. Max time is 30 seconds.
    Is this to short to read a long tweet?
    If you tap on the screen the interval is paused for 10 seconds, than cycles to the next one.
    To the dark theme, I'm not a designer, maybe I should talk to dotone (@carbonwebos) :-) if he can design a glossy black theme. Or if any other talented guy has some time, feel free to contact me!

@all:
    I opened the gates for 2-3 more beta testers, if you have interest send me a PM! Pixi Users are very welcome!
    Keyboard commands? Yes please.

The scroll speed setting is crucial. Do you have a user controlled multiplier in there? 10 seconds for a 30char tweet might be great for some, but others might think that is too slow or too fast. Adding a fairly simple multiplier could let them tweak it to their liking.

Looks promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Thanks for the info mamouton.
    To your questions, the name Twithibition says's it, it will get a that webOS2 feature when it's officially available. Not before, NDA, sorry...

With tweet speed you mean the time between the scrolls?
    This is calculated based on the tweets length. If a tweet has e.g. 30 chars, that it's only displayed 10 seconds. If a tweet is e.g. 90 chars, tweet length is calculated and is maybe 22 seconds or so. Max time is 30 seconds.
    Is this to short to read a long tweet?
    If you tap on the screen the interval is paused for 10 seconds, than cycles to the next one.
    To the dark theme, I'm not a designer, maybe I should talk to dotone (@carbonwebos) :-) if he can design a glossy black theme. Or if any other talented guy has some time, feel free to contact me!

@all:
    I opened the gates for 2-3 more beta testers, if you have interest send me a PM! Pixi Users are very welcome!
    I wasn't saying I had 2.xx I could just see the benefits of this with exhibition when 2.xx comes out. My icon is still the half moon do you plan on changing the icon to something represtative of the app. FYI I have the trickle app on my ipod and I like this one better. IMHO if you change it to a glossy black or anything besides the dark it will really set your app out there. I think a sleep mode would be cool as well.
  15.    #16  
    A icon will be designed by a designer, I hope I receive a first version of the icon this week.
    I have no idea how this looks, I like it to be surprised

What do you mean with a "sleep mode"?
    More like a timer. I see this program and exhibiton working well so having some predefined times to put the device to sleep would be cool. That way the screen is not on all night long. Just my two cents. I imagine mode switcher or quick tasks could do that but to have it available in the app IMO would be nice.
  17.    #18  
    A sleep mode is a nice option, I take this on our to-do list, let me see how this works together later with Exhibition (when available).
    For "normal" mode I can test this earlier.
    All this 2.x talk is getting me excited! This is very cool!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  19.    #20  
    Just a short update!
    I work on this for the last few weeks and we're near a official version. (Currently private beta only)

Just a sneak peak on how things go so far: Twithibition - Passive Twitter client for webOS

Planning to release this in a few days. So stay tuned, works awesome in Exhibition mode...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast