Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don't have it, but I can say that "press and hold" hotkeys need an option to just "press"
    Also maybe "space" to skip to next tweet? (programmable able hot keys would be cool too)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  2.    #22  
    Alright folks! I just submitted version 1.0 to the official app catalog.
    Should be available soon!

The official site is Twithibition - Passive Twitter client for webOS for a first look and some FAQs.
    I just started a thread in our support forums here on p|c: http://forums.precentral.net/codingb...tion-mode.html

But feel free to contact us here also!
    Great app! Been waiting for one of my other 6 purchased twitter apps to add exhibition support and no one is taking the bait.. So here's my question, if my goal is to mainly only be seeing the newest latest tweets in exhibition mode, I would want less tweets right? Like the smallest 25 option? But it seems when it is circling in it's loop even after refreshes, that it continues to go to older tweets than the newest 25.. To me, I'd think after every 3 minute refresh, it would only have a pool of 25 total to circle between right? Or are you caching the old ones and continuing to cycle through? If so, can you make this an option so that we are only ever going through the 25 newest? If this is already the case, I just need confirmation because it doesn't seem to be for me..
  4.    #24  
    Glad you like the app.

If you set "25" as load count than always after n minutes the latest 25 tweets for your timeline/search are requested from Twitter. I don't cache tweets.
    I get always the last e.g. 25 tweets from the Twitter API and present them. After a successful call I drop the previous 25 tweets, no matter if 0 or 25 tweets are new in this result.
    So there should always be the last 25 tweets in the cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Glad you like the app.

If you set "25" as load count than always after n minutes the latest 25 tweets for your timeline/search are requested from Twitter. I don't cache tweets.
    I get always the last e.g. 25 tweets from the Twitter API and present them. After a successful call I drop the previous 25 tweets, no matter if 0 or 25 tweets are new in this result.
    So there should always be the last 25 tweets in the cycle.
    Cool! That's what I was hoping for. Just as a side note, I left mine on the touchstone all night like I normally do but with your app up this time in exhibition, and I woke up this morning to an error box across the bottom of the screen that said 401: Incorrect Signature. Just making you aware..
  6.    #26  
    I saw this also once.
    But I also get this sometimes on Carbon (same error) and also on Tweed with a error.
    I'm not sure whats the source of this problem, but it's targeted at more Twitter clients...
    Maybe Exhibition mode is just still extremely buggy, but I can't get Twithibition to make it through a night yet. 2 nights ago was the signature error and it was locked up and last night it has frozen trying to refresh. That little spinning circle top right is up there and never went away, same tweet is up this morning as was last night. It's not spinning either. I've found the only way to fix it in both cases was to turn Twithibition off in Exhibition preferences, then back on. Really hope I don't have to do this once a day.. :P
  8.    #28  
    @volcom:
    That seems also be a issue with the Exhibition implementation in webOS. Because if you go out of Exhibition mode, the app is still active as long as you not turn it explicitly off in the Exhibition settings dialog.
    On which hardware and which system you're running Twithibition?
    @volcom:
    That seems also be a issue with the Exhibition implementation in webOS. Because if you go out of Exhibition mode, the app is still active as long as you not turn it explicitly off in the Exhibition settings dialog.
    On which hardware and which system you're running Twithibition?
    Sprint Pre Plus running webOS 2.1
    There is a "Handle Tweets" option in preferences, but when I metatap it does nothing. Isn't it supposed to go to the post in the browser or in Spaz?

I'm running 2.1 on a Pre 2
  11.    #31  
    Yep, there should be the Browser or Spaz launched, depending on your current configuration. However, this is a bug in webOS 2.1 that NO meta-tap gestures overall workin in this release.
    I had no knowledge of this bug during release of Twithibition, otherwise I had disabled this for webOS 2.1 users as long as this is not fixed by HP. So only on 1.4.5 devices the meta-tap functions works as expected.
    What is new in the update just submitted? Hopefully some bug fixes? I can't make it through 1 day or night with this app unfortunately without having to turn it off then back on in Exhibition preferences..
    Well tbh...meta-tap and hold is not ideal on a Touchstone anyway. It would be better as tap and hold. Or just flat out tap, really.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    What is new in the update just submitted? Hopefully some bug fixes? I can't make it through 1 day or night with this app unfortunately without having to turn it off then back on in Exhibition preferences..
    The update we just submitted is just a meta-update. So no new update for users already have it. We just changed the price to the now official one.
    A program update is planned to release in the next one or two weeks. Depends on the open issues.

@Volcom:
    Do you have Lumberjack on your device? If yes, could you please try to get some logs when this happens? I cannot really reproduce this error here. Maybe the logs gave some hints on whats going on. Would be nice :-)

@malpha:
    Tap&hold is not intuitive (at least for me) for such type of action. But I take this on the list, maybe a separate icon on the tweet when tapped opens the app/browser. But no promises when this will happen :-)
    @Volcom: Do you have Lumberjack on your device? If yes, could you please try to get some logs when this happens? I cannot really reproduce this error here. Maybe the logs gave some hints on whats going on. Would be nice :-)
    Hey man,
    I fired up Lumberjack and hit retreive log for Twithibition but there's nothing there, its blank. :P Guess I'll have to keep checking it out..
    I wrote this in the other thread that didnt say in development seeing as it has been released but apparently this is where to do it.

i love this app but a couple of things i would like to see fixed. one is that if you are going to make it change from your feed to a search when you select a @person in exhibition mode can there be or is there a way to take it off without having to get out of exhibition mode, go to the app, go to preferences and chance it back to your feed. also even when you do that you need to go back into exhibition mode change to a different app and then back to twithibition for the change to occur. a lot of stepss for something that might have been an accident.

also can you make it so the app uses the software manager? i am using Universe browser as my default and when i click on a link the normal web browser opens. i spoke to the universe dev and he said that is the problem as some apps work properly and some dont. only way to get the default app to work is to use the software manager.
    thanks

@malpha:
    Tap&hold is not intuitive (at least for me) for such type of action. But I take this on the list, maybe a separate icon on the tweet when tapped opens the app/browser. But no promises when this will happen :-)
    Well, it seems like it would be better to just have it as a preference using the icons that are already there whether you want to meta-tap (which is broken) or just use a tap. My fingers aren't that big and the icons aren't that small....I guess I really don't understand why people put options that take two hands instead of options that only take one. I mean, you have to do something right, as it is, people on 2.1 can't open profiles, links, etc.

Edit: Well, I can open links, but profiles don't seem to be working right (with Bad Kitty), so I was a little confused, sorry about that.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  18.    #38  
    I try to separate the points, so sorry if I don't get all :-)

Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    one is that if you are going to make it change from your feed to a search when you select a @person in exhibition mode can there be or is there a way to take it off without having to get out of exhibition mode, go to the app, go to preferences and chance it back to your feed. also even when you do that you need to go back into exhibition mode change to a different app and then back to twithibition for the change to occur. a lot of stepss for something that might have been an accident.
    This is really cryptic to me, I try to list it.
    - App is in Exhibiton Mode
    - Tap a @username (Twithibiton is configured to add this as new search)
    - The new search is displayed
    - Now you want to switch back to your feed?

Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    also can you make it so the app uses the software manager? i am using Universe browser as my default and when i click on a link the normal web browser opens. i spoke to the universe dev and he said that is the problem as some apps work properly and some dont. only way to get the default app to work is to use the software manager.
    thanks
    I'm using the default HP webOS way to open the URL and let the applicationManager decide what to do. But if you can share the contact with the dev of the Universe browser I'll see what I can do to support it that way.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    My fingers aren't that big and the icons aren't that small....I guess I really don't understand why people put options that take two hands instead of options that only take one. I mean, you have to do something right, as it is, people on 2.1 can't open profiles, links, etc.

Edit: Well, I can open links, but profiles don't seem to be working right (with Bad Kitty), so I was a little confused, sorry about that.
    Trust me, I get mails from user where they ask if the icons can be a bit bigger than now. And these icons are really big (at least for me too :-) )

So links and also tapping @userprofiles with BadKitty configured working fine here. (latest BadKitty on a Pre2 with webOS 2.1)

Can anyone else confirm if there are issues or not with opening users in BadKitty?
    Any possibility of adding Carbon support? I know there is no shortage of twitter apps and you can't support them all, but Carbon has become my primary twitter app.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast