Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ahsirg
  1.    #1  
    Hello!
    I would like to share a small utility that will sync iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums to a palm pre.

It is very experimental so please use it at your own risk, I am not responsible for anything it does to your mac and palm.

There will not likely be any updates. If it works for you then I am happy. :-)

Instructions are in the archive file.

Regards,
    -Ryhor

EDIT: App updated and now supports Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion (PPC and Intel)

Versions
    iSyncOnceAgain - old version, does not preserve EXIF tags when syncing images

iSyncOnceAgain - newer version, itunes 10.5 compatible, syncs EXIF tags, could be a bit buggy - not extensively tested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ahsirg; 10/30/2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: app update
    Rnp likes this.
    First, thanks for this option.

Second... There is a Windows Version?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3.    #4  
    it works with any itunes version

the app uses heavy applescript and is therefore impossible on windows, sorry
    Thanks, I'll try it out now. Nice work thanks ahsirg.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I´m on a Mac with 10.5.8 and iTunes 10.1, Photo sync works like a charm, but the Music Sync does nothing, i´ve tried everything. I use a palm Pre with webos 2.1.
    Any suggestions?
  6.    #7  
    What does it say in the log?
    also please share your txt file with Sync List - maybe it will help.
    That is the output of the console,

06.03.11 22:26:56 iSyncOnceAgain[1437] Device: PALM PRE
    06.03.11 22:26:56 iSyncOnceAgain[1437] Playlist: xanu
    06.03.11 22:26:56 iSyncOnceAgain[1437] Album: xanu
    06.03.11 22:26:56 [0x0-0x55055].com.ryhor.iSyncOnceAgain[1437] iSyncOnceAgain: unknown type name "tdta".

That is the file _new.txt:

Device:
    PALM PRE

Music:
    xanu

Photos:
    xanu

no Problem with the Photos, the script put the photos in ps_photos,
    but it deletes only the files inside the folder Music, it syncs no files to the Folder Music.
  8.    #9  
    this is strange behaviour i cannot solve "remotely". please contact me on some IM, if you have time and we'll sort it out! (rburakou - skype, 337846422 - icq)
  9.    #10  
    app updated in the first post
    fixes the issue described in a couple of previous posts
    The updated version also works perfectly when acessing the Pre via SSH. Luckily so because it is the only solution out there I could find to do that (doubleTwist & others do not recognize the Pre I have mounted with macFusion). I use it to sync my Pre over the air while it is in the Touchstone overnight.

Thank you very much, Ryhor!

Edit: Is there a way to run the sync automatically e.g. with automator?
    Last edited by johnny b goode; 03/30/2011 at 01:17 PM.
    Thank your for this script! Seems to work like a charm
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  12.    #13  
    glad it works for you guys!
    for automator just make it open the app and pressing sync on device connect maybe?
    Any updates coming for Lion? Or should it work as well as it does in Snow Leopard?
  14.    #15  
    It works as good as on 10.6 (at least for me)
    Thanks for sharing this! I just gave it a try on Lion with iTunes v10.5 with a TouchPad and when I select "Select Synced Photos/Music", I get a dialog box with the following error:

Code:
    Can’t make «class ctnr» of alias "BreakerBar500:Users:walk_n_wind:Library:iTunes:scripts:- Select Synced Music/Photos.scpt" into type text.
    Any confirmed success with iTunes 10.5?
    I modified "- Select Synced Music/Photos.scp" to look like this, and it worked!

Code:
    tell application "Finder"
    	--set myPath to path to me
    	--set myFolder to (container of myPath) as text
    	--open document file "_new.txt" of folder myFolder
    	set myPath to (path to me)
    	set myParentPath to (container of file myPath)
    	open document file "_new.txt" of folder (myParentPath as text)
    end tell
  17.    #18  
    I uploaded a new version i personally use, it fixes the 10.5 bug (but walk_n_wind's solution is also great!)

So right now there are 2 versions
    iSyncOnceAgain - old version, does not preserve EXIF tags when syncing images

iSyncOnceAgain - newer version, itunes 10.5 compatible, syncs EXIF tags, could be a bit buggy - not extensively tested.

See first post