Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi,

I would like to join in the fun and develop application for webOS, but before I jump and dive with you guys, I would like to know if frameworks like jQTouch, Sencha Touch and jQuery Mobile work as well on webOS as they do on iOS or Android?

I know webOS is webkit based, so I'm looking for answers from somebody that tried it

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi, nobody ever tried any of these framework with webOS?
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $spaz$ $is$ $using$ $jQuery$ https://github.com/funkatron/spaz-webos
    Yes. Basically all you need to turn a web app into a webos app is an appinfo.json file and a oneliner in your javascript.

Dave Balmer actually gave a great presentation at DevDay NYC where he used his own framework in an app, you can find that at
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thanks I'll download that to my iPhone for later viewing! Looks interesting!

I don't want to sound picky but I'm really looking for comments from people that actually tried running jQTouch or Sencha Touch on webOS. I know it runs fine in Chrome and Safari, so is it OK to assume it's going to run as well on webOS' browser?
    *The animations for JQTouch don't work in webos 1.4.5(don't know about 2.0).
    *The 'kitchen sink demo' for Sencha Touch works fine, but the demo apps don't recognize the webos browser so they won't let me run them.
    *jQuery mobile works great, just keep in mind that it's only an alpha release though.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
    A basic rule-of-thumb is that if it works in the browser, it will work as an on-device app. I went to the jQTouch website and tried their previews and the big thing was that none of the animation previews worked. I also tried some Sencha Touch demos in the Pre's browser and the kitchen sink demo worked great. Since on-device apps and in-browser apps use the same webkit engine, I would say you will get similar results running these on-device.