1.    #1  
    I'm trying to figure out how to implement an idea and would appreciate a push in the right direction. I have a scene with a text box on it where users can enter a string value. In subsequent runs of the program, they may want to enter a new value in that field or reuse a previously-entered value. I'd like the app to offer the user a way to select from previously-entered values (like a list selector or, better yet, a filter field) instead of retyping them, but I also need to leave the text box available in case they want to enter a new value. I'd prefer to do this with a single widget and not a combination of a text field and a list selector. Or at least make it look like a single widget to the user.

Anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks in advance.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

You could maybe have a text box and a pop-up menu. When a user clicks on the textbox, the pop-up could display past values underneath and start filtering them out as the user types, similar to google's search suggestions.