1.    #1  
    I have been wanting to play around with the webOS emulator and see what I can do. I downloaded the SDK and that was all fine. I downloaded VirtualBox 4.0. Again, all fie. But when I tried running the emulator, I got a pop up saying that it requires VirtualBox 3.0 or 3.2. I can only find a 4.0 download on the oracle site. Can someone suggest something to help me out? Maybe point me in the right direction to get 3.0 or 3.2? Or am I missing something else? Id appreciate it.
    yes virtual box 4.0 breaks the Palm emulator, keep looking for older version. pm me and I will send it to you if u need
    You can find older versions at the VirtualBox site: Download_Old_Builds - VirtualBox

It is linked to on their download page under the header "VirtualBox older builds"
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I just recently just got my new mac device, so downloaded a copy of the Palm SDK into my computer. Everything loaded fine, i can see the emulator on my computer, but what else do i need to download in order to start coding been hearing about eclipse, Ares, Enyo but where do you download them online ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I just recently just got my new mac device, so downloaded a copy of the Palm SDK into my computer. Everything loaded fine, i can see the emulator on my computer, but what else do i need to download in order to start coding been hearing about eclipse, Ares, Enyo but where do you download them online ?
    follow the link below for info about Enyo, ares & other webOS projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Hmm, I haven't heard about Eclipse for webOS. The original Ares is only useful for making Mojo apps, and I'm not sure how mature Ares 2 is. Enyo you can either use version 1 if you only want to have your app run on webOS, or Enyo 2 for any supported devices.
    There was a plugin, but I think they quit updating it. I never found it very useful anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Hmm, I haven't heard about Eclipse for webOS. The original Ares is only useful for making Mojo apps, and I'm not sure how mature Ares 2 is. Enyo you can either use version 1 if you only want to have your app run on webOS, or Enyo 2 for any supported devices.
    Thanks a lot for your answer GMMan, hope this question doesn't come up as an annoying that has been asked before..but I need some guidance(please on how to properly install/download) the Enyo engine to mac computer when clicking on download Enyo on the website gives you choices of bootplate or through Github instead of showing download link?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.