webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > webOS SDK
webOS SDK

Old 01/05/2011, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

I have been wanting to play around with the webOS emulator and see what I can do. I downloaded the SDK and that was all fine. I downloaded VirtualBox 4.0. Again, all fie. But when I tried running the emulator, I got a pop up saying that it requires VirtualBox 3.0 or 3.2. I can only find a 4.0 download on the oracle site. Can someone suggest something to help me out? Maybe point me in the right direction to get 3.0 or 3.2? Or am I missing something else? Id appreciate it.
jsgraphicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2011, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

yes virtual box 4.0 breaks the Palm emulator, keep looking for older version. pm me and I will send it to you if u need
slydog43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2011, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You can find older versions at the VirtualBox site: Download_Old_Builds - VirtualBox

It is linked to on their download page under the header "VirtualBox older builds"

webOS Application Engineer, Appstuh

sprw for Twitter
Voice Memos
arthurthornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2013, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just recently just got my new mac device, so downloaded a copy of the Palm SDK into my computer. Everything loaded fine, i can see the emulator on my computer, but what else do i need to download in order to start coding been hearing about eclipse, Ares, Enyo but where do you download them online ?
Old 12/30/2013, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
I just recently just got my new mac device, so downloaded a copy of the Palm SDK into my computer. Everything loaded fine, i can see the emulator on my computer, but what else do i need to download in order to start coding been hearing about eclipse, Ares, Enyo but where do you download them online ?
follow the link below for info about Enyo, ares & other webOS projects.
Old 12/30/2013, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Hmm, I haven't heard about Eclipse for webOS. The original Ares is only useful for making Mojo apps, and I'm not sure how mature Ares 2 is. Enyo you can either use version 1 if you only want to have your app run on webOS, or Enyo 2 for any supported devices.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: PalmPixi_User23
Old 12/30/2013, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

There was a plugin, but I think they quit updating it. I never found it very useful anyway.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2014, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Hmm, I haven't heard about Eclipse for webOS. The original Ares is only useful for making Mojo apps, and I'm not sure how mature Ares 2 is. Enyo you can either use version 1 if you only want to have your app run on webOS, or Enyo 2 for any supported devices.
Thanks a lot for your answer GMMan, hope this question doesn't come up as an annoying that has been asked before..but I need some guidance(please on how to properly install/download) the Enyo engine to mac computer when clicking on download Enyo on the website gives you choices of bootplate or through Github instead of showing download link?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0