1.    #1  
    Please someone make an app for Ultimate-Guitar.com..iPhone and Android have one.
  2.    #2  
    Still no takers on this?
    I started a scraper a while back, but haven't had time to finish it.

Be aware that there is no public API for UG so making an app won't be simple.
  4.    #4  
    Semprance -

Is Ultimate-Guitar willing to work with you since they developed the iPhone and Android versions? How easy is it to convert an app from one OS to another?
    I'm wondering how good an app like that would be on a phone, with its small screen size. I use Guitar Pro 5 on my PC, great program, with about 40K songs at my disposal. I suppose with my HP 24" rotatable widescreen, I'm a bit spoiled. (and probably the only time I ever rotate my screen for that matter).

I did buy the Guitarist's Reference app, way back, and had I known that I wouldn't have used as much, probably wouldn't have bought it. One of the things that drew me to it was this "tuner" that doesn't actually tune, just provides the proper tone for whatever you set it at. I'm hoping once tbey release 2.0, and the microphone API's, they will expand that to an actual tuner that measures the frequencies, instead of just playing the tone.

Don't get me wrong, more apps are great, and something like what you suggested might be cool camping or something but realistically, if I had the choice and I was at home, I'd sooner use my PC than my phone for whipping up some tabs.

Rock On!!!

(had some ASCII horns up but apparently it didn't want to render them the way I entered them, and I don't have time to screw around trying to make them look right so this will have to do)
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    Semprance -

Is Ultimate-Guitar willing to work with you since they developed the iPhone and Android versions? How easy is it to convert an app from one OS to another?
    No, the work I've done is independent of Ultimate Guitar and their other apps. In terms of continuing development on my app, it's currently at the bottom of a very long list of other apps that I'm working on.
  7. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Considering how "easy" it has been claimed to port iPhone apps, why not just ask them to port that?
  8.    #8  
    It's been requested from Ultimate-Guitar. My buddy has the Android version on his Droid, it the mobile formatting is great for when I go to jam with someone sans laptop. The screen is just big enough for me to read.

I don't like carrying a laptop, so the app for the phone is ideal.

Any takers for this!?!?