Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Mplayer for palm Pre
    Please read the entire Post!!!

Jason Robitaille put some of his magic in to Chomper's Mplayer..
    It runs with a Mojo app frontend and a Node.jsjsjs $backend$ $service$ ($and$ $a$ $Java$ $service$, $for$ $backwards$ $compatability$ $with$ $webOS$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $devices$).

webOS Mojo app, Node.jsjsjs $service$, $and$ $Java$ $service$ $by$ $Jason$ $Robitaille$.
    Mplayer binary built on Ubuntu 10.10 32bit Linux using the WebOS-Internals WIDK using the standard MPlayer source patched with a patch originally by Chomper and modified by WebOS-Internals for WIDK usage.
    You can read up on it here Canuck-Coding-Mplayer-WebOS-Wrapper

Edit 1/9/11 20:05
    Added config file to post #346
    Changed some code in input.config file

Note: this is a mobile version and dose not support all formats below.
    We are testing to see what formats will play.

In Bold; tested and working. Please let us know about formats working for you.

MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems (see the documentation). It plays most MPEG/VOB, FLV, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5, WMV and even H.264 movies.

Music formats. MP3, FLAC, WMA
    Note: Will only play one file and the program will shut down.

License
    MPlayer is available under the GNU General Public License version 2. It is not available under any other licensing terms, not even for substantial amounts of money. If you have questions about the GNU GPL, consult the GPL FAQ.--mplayerhq -- mplayerhq info--Wosh!thb "The Developer" Palm pre (only)

Put your files in:
    /media/internal/video/

You will need to make the "video" folder.

Put Your phone in USB mode.
    Make a folder called:

video

Use Preware, WebOSQuickinstall or Internalz to install this application.
    After you install this app you will need to do a full restart of your phone.

Download: chomper.app.mplayer_1.0_armv7.ipk

Chomper's bulid did not have an "input.config" file.
    So any commands you tried to set-up would not work. frame_drop, audio_delay... .
    I made the .config file. Go get it here
    Input.config file post #346

Not working with Webos 2.0. x ?
    Ok, lets try this on PRE Webos 2.0 ONLY... (Testing)

Download font

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12521579/uming.ttc

and send it to :

/usr/share/fonts/

Using WebOSQuickInstall.

Do a full restart of phone (not Luna).

Start Mplayer
    Not from command line.

Post results please.

Rwhitby at Webos Internals put together a fix for Mplayer
    This should work with any kernel, overclocked or not.

Must have Mplayer already install on your Pre.

Please test and post your results.

Download;
    http://ompldr.org/vNnY0NA/mplayer
    "That binary is built on a Ubuntu 10.4.1 LTS 32-bit x86 Linux host, using the
    WebOS Internals WIDK (in the packages/media/mplayer directory). Source code for the binary is
    available at git.webos-internals.org in the cross-compile.git repository."

Use WebOSQickInstall and Send file to;

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer/

No need to Restart phone.
    Please test and post your results.

At the moment, we are as far as we can go with this program (Mplayer for Pre by Chomper).

We got it to work with UberKenrel (thanks Rwhitby).
    Now you can run this program with an Over-Clocked Kernel.

We got it to work with WebOS 2.0 (Found a missing font in 2.0 that Mplayer needed).

File size is mostly the kill-joy now (Video resolution).
    But what did we have before this program that would play an .avi or .wmv ? "Nota".

Please thank "Wosh!thb aka-Chomper, Rwhitby, and all the testers that help with this".

If Chomper updates his build of Mplayer for Palm Pre, We will let you know but for now, he stated that it "could" be a "final" version of his build.
    But IMO, I do see him working on a 2.0 version when WebOS 2.0 (OTA) update comes out.

I take no credit for this.
    Chomper is the Dev so show him some love @ the site I posted above.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 03/22/2011 at 05:02 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

I can get the realplayer and windows video files. It doesn't see my .mov files for some reason. I also notice a little lag on the .mp4 files only. This is awesome I have a lot of vidoes that I don't feel like converting and this works great. I wonder if they will be adding streaming support so we can put files in our dropbox.
    Awesome to see this come out! Thanks warlord - can't wait to try it!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Awesome to see this come out! Thanks warlord - can't wait to try it!
    Tested and not working on 2.0 yet k

But it works great on 1.4.5 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Tested and not working on 2.0 yet k
    That's ok.. I'm on a Sprint Pre yet anyhow.
    Wow Warlord.. You done it again. Awesomeness!
    Warlord = Chomper?

APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Warlord = Chomper?

LOL I wish I was that good.
    wosh!thb is the Dev so show him some love @ the site I posted above.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/29/2010 at 01:18 PM.

LOL I wish I was that good.
    Chomper is the Dev so show him some love @ the site I posted above.
    Wow... Google Translate never fails to make Chinese translations kinda funny
    After installing (from .ipk web link which launched Preware), I can't seem to get it to run. I tap the icon, it glows for a bit & then nothing. I'm running a Sprint Pre on 1.4.5 . Will try again after a restart
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lcdata1701 View Post
    After installing (from .ipk web link which launched Preware), I can't seem to get it to run. I tap the icon, it glows for a bit & then nothing. I'm running a Sprint Pre on 1.4.5 . Will try again after a restart
    Yes it needs a full restart. Not a luna restart.

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Wow... Google Translate never fails to make Chinese translations kinda funny
    LOL Kinda hard to figure out

License
    MPlayer is available under the GNU General Public License version 2. It is not available under any other licensing terms, not even for substantial amounts of money. If you have questions about the GNU GPL, consult the GPL FAQ.

Download: chomper.app.mplayer_1.0_armv7.ipk
    Since MPlayer is licensed under the GPL, the source code and build scripts must be made available with the binary to comply with the copyright license.

Where can I find the source code and build scripts for the binary referenced above?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Works well on 1.4.5.
    Only 2 problems I seem to have with it:
    After playing a video using Mplayer, Govnah says I'm running at 500MHz when before I was running at 1GHz.
    Audio and video falls out of sync even in some mp4s the default player can play fine (Youtube videos from the download youtube patch, for example).
    Democracy Now! mp4s Play flawlessly.

I'm anxious to see what future versions will bring.
    Just additional features, or will speed improvements/better audio-video sync come as well?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Since MPlayer is licensed under the GPL, the source code and build scripts must be made available with the binary to comply with the copyright license.

Where can I find the source code and build scripts for the binary referenced above?

-- Rod
    Keep in mind you're asking the wrong person. As far as has been represented, Warlord9159 is the messenger. Woshíthb123 on the Treo8.com forums is the developer and the one you'll want to talk to.

On the topic of Mplayer itself: I'm amazed at how well it's able to play the high resolution xvid avi videos I had laying around on my regular sprint Pre. I'm very excited for when a webOS 2.0-compatible version will be released
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/29/2010 at 08:21 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Works with the avi and flv I threw at it. Sorely needs a slider but video play is quite smooth.
    I just discovered this via twitter (thanks Jason R,) downloaded and then installed the ipk using Preware (thanks WebOS-Internals), rebooted, created the directory and copied my video files using Internalz (another +1 for Jason) and watched my video on my Sprint Pre using MPlayer...all while riding on a train, and rebooting was by far the longest part. This community is AWESOME.
    im trying to run avi and flv but it's so slow that i can't watch anything

what resolution would you recomend to avi videos?

i have a pre with 1Ghz OC
    Uaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaat!!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast