Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    remove Uberkernal
    Ah crap. lol. I'll wait for this to be working better then. Good luck to all who are working on this. I know you guys will get it right.
  2.    #162  
    you would think if you set it back to default kernal with govnah it would work. But it dose not work.
    even after a restart. So it's not true plam default kernal ???
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    you would think if you set it back to default kernal with govnah it would work. But it dose not work.
    even after a restart. So it's not true plam default kernal ???
    Yeah, I know. Thats why I figured it would work. I figured setting it to the default kernal would just disable UberKernal. That would be fine. Then you can just switch it when you want to watch a video and switch it back afterwards.
  4.    #164  
    you can use default kernal and with gavnah, set speed to 600mhz
    Nah, I like my 1GHz too much. lol
  6.    #166  
    that would cool if it worked.
    then we could wait for a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Yeah, I know. Thats why I figured it would work. I figured setting it to the default kernal would just disable UberKernal. That would be fine. Then you can just switch it when you want to watch a video and switch it back afterwards.
    Can someone please post the URL of a legally redistributable video that shows the slow-down with UberKernel that is being reported?

Also, anyone reporting UberKernel issues please note which profile you are using. To begin with, I'm only interested in people who are using one of the built-in standard profiles.

-- Rod
    default palm profile in govnah does not change the kernel, only the clock speed to default. Changing a kernel is a LOT more than changing a clock speed, despite how easy these guys have made it to change kernels here. Also, Palm kernel doesn't allow you to change the clock speed in govnah. I will post a video soon. Need to reinstall uk.
    Note that I need the URL of a freely redistributable video that I can use to test this reported UberKernel issue. A video of it happening is nice, but not essential.

-- Rod
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    default palm profile in govnah does not change the kernel, only the clock speed to default. Changing a kernel is a LOT more than changing a clock speed, despite how easy these guys have made it to change kernels here. Also, Palm kernel doesn't allow you to change the clock speed in govnah. I will post a video soon. Need to reinstall uk.
    you can set it to 600 all the time with gov.
    pre is at default 125 500 600
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that I need the URL of a freely redistributable video that I can use to test this reported UberKernel issue. A video of it happening is nice, but not essential.

-- Rod
    i will got a video up in about an hour.

What would be ideal is the test video used, and a 'documentary' video showing the test video running on bot stock and UberKernel for comparison.

Both need to be legally freely redistributable (i.e. no copyrighted commercial videos please, unless I (and others replicating results) can get them easily directly from the copyright owner).

-- Rod
  13.    #173  
    is this ok
    edit
    removed miss-understood Rob's request
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/03/2011 at 05:03 PM.

14.    #174  
    oops lol ic what you need now lol

We need a single, legal, freely redistributable video, that many people can easily and legally download, and run with mplayer, all using exactly the same test video, to determine the extent and characteristics of the problem, get repeatable results across a number of people running the same video, and only then start the diagnosis.

Please start the first step by posting the URL of a legally redistributable video which has the problem being reported.

-- Rod
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We need a single, legal, freely redistributable video, that many people can easily and legally download, and run with mplayer, all using exactly the same test video, to determine the extent and characteristics of the problem, get repeatable results across a number of people running the same video, and only then start the diagnosis.

Please start the first step by posting the URL of a legally redistributable video which has the problem being reported.

-- Rod
    on it now sorry

give me 5 min k

17.    #177  
    .mp4 file

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12521579/OC%...%20mplayer.mp4

.avi file
    edit
    that avi file played just fine with 105a kernel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/03/2011 at 06:41 PM.

18.    #178  
    any time I try to make a Video with higher res. the file size is 400meg.

So no-one who is reporting the UberKernel slow-down actually has a legal video that can be used by others to reproduce the problem? Maybe a trailer or something that can be freely downloaded from somewhere public?

Note that I don't want a camcorder video of you doing stuff on your Pre - I want a high quality video file that you are attempting to play back with mplayer which results in the reported UberKernel slow-down.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have legal(for me to view) videos that do it but they are not able to be legally redistributed by me I believe. The mp4 warlord posted plays very choppy. All mpeg and wmv's I've played are bad with uk too. I switched to Palm kernel and they play fine. Interestingly, mp4's from youtube play fine with mplayer and UK. I realize I don't need mplayer to play them. I'm running screenstate 500/1000. Sorry, unable to make a video of it happening @ this time.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast