Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    As soon as the developer complies with the GPL and releases the source for the app, then the customer kernel devs can appropriately get to the bottom of it failing on their kernels and see it packed on preware. Its not to be expected to see an alpha build on preware for its most unlikely complying with standards to get it there.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 12/30/2010 at 12:43 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    As soon as the developer complies with the GPL and releases the source for the app, then the customer kernel devs can appropriately get to the bottom of it failing on their kernels and see it packed on preware. Its not to be expected to see an alpha build on preware for its most likely complying with standards to get it there.
    *crosses fingers and toes*

I really want to see this turn into a fully featured media player for WebOs!

It would cover so many audio and video formats!
    This is pretty cool. But, I don't have any movie files to watch on my Pre-!!!! hehehe, I created a DropBox account and added a couple from my home computer to it and tried to download them on my phone, but it didn't work.

PS-I'm at work right now, that's why I didn't just USB the files to my phone.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    For the newbies:

Download the ipk-file from the first post
    Connect your pre with the usb-cable to your PC. Select "charge only", NOT USB-Mode.
    Start WebOSQuickinstall ( http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html )
    Click at the green +
    Select the Mplayer-ipk.file
    click install
    wait
    When its done, restart your Pre (switch it complete off and on)
    After it restarts, connect your Pre again with your PC, select "USB-Mode"
    Create a directory called "video" (without the " )
    copy your movies to the new directory "video"
    Safetly remove your Pre from Windows
    Start Mplayer and select your movie
    Everything that Palmiga said above plus you *MUST* be in developer mode. Make sure that is enabled first. type webos20090606 to get to the enable screen.
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    I take issue with the version number. This is not a 1.0 release.
    There is a lot of work to be done on this app still. Maybe they meant version 0.1.0?

Having said that I'm very excited about having broader CoDec support in WebOS.
    MPlayer 1.0 full version
    wlk了一星期,没怎么弄,今天抽空更新下: # I/ @4 i9 ]2 |+ q: r2 K) s; [6 k5 s wlk a week, not how to get today, taking the time to update the following: # I / @ 4 i9] 2 | + q: r2 K) s; [6 k5 s
    / q* o1 n$ Y3 D) \ / Q * o1 n $ Y3 D) \
    更新内容: Description:
    $ L* k0 I/ N& X3 M+ s 1、除了解码其他所有工作都交给了gpu处理(从数据解码出来到显示到屏幕上,15ms之内搞定); $ L * k0 I / N & X3 M + s 1, in addition to decoding all the other work to the gpu processing (from the decoded data to the display to the screen, 15ms get within);
    0 }6 o8 ~0 @# j 2、修正低分辨率锯齿问题; 0} 6 o8 ~ 0 @ # j 2, modified low-resolution aliasing problems;
    ; d8 V' P! g" e# m" g: |8 O& y 3、video目录下没有文件的时候,提示放入,(按Q键退出); ; D8 V 'P! g "e # m" g: | 8 O & y 3, video directory, no files, when prompted to add, (press Q to exit);
    ! D" i& r: u$ Q( T/ [9 C/ I, B 4、过滤器添加部分格式(vob、flac等); ! D "i & r: u $ Q (T / [9 C / I, B 4, filter add some formatting (vob, flac, etc.);
    4 y. B8 f2 y T5 K 4 y. B8 f2 y T5 K
    $ n! N) o( @: `1 t8 g这个版本的播放能力基本是软解码的极限了,包括色彩转换都交给了gpu处理,大家可以对比测试一下,效率较上一个版本稍有提升, 640*480的wmv开启自动跳帧基本能正常播放,VGA以下的正常视频(码率<1Mb的)基本能流畅播放; ! f) a! t: J4 t $ N! N) o (@: `1 t8 g ability to play this version is basically the limit of soft decoding, including color conversion are handed over to the gpu processing, we can compare test efficiency slight increase over the previous version , 640 * 480 wmv open automatically jump basically normal playback, VGA video below normal (rate <1Mb) for basically smooth playback;! f) a! t: J4 t
    & b+ a6 u6 s& m- D" U6 ` & B + a6 u6 s & m-D "U6`
    性能瓶颈:ffmpeg的解码(软解)。 Performance bottlenecks: ffmpeg decoding (soft solution). 。 . 。 . 。 . 2 J$ \4 k1 Z+ K5 t4 X, s0 ? 2 J $ \ 4 k1 Z + K5 t4 X, s0?

3 V) p3 w2 ^, F" b% g1 L0 e' ?操作部分,没有改变,参照老帖! x! j4 P! E! B* ~: f, k2 m* G$ ]3 I2 O 3 V) p3 w2 ^, F "b% g1 L0 e '? Operating part, without change, with reference to the old posts! X! j4 P! E! B * ~: f, k2 m * G $] 3 I2 O
    6 B5 H1 h3 w y( ~& O 6 B5 H1 h3 w y (~ & O
    by Chomper by Chomper
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

I am getting freezing which results in a battery pull on a PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Well the developer's initial thread for Mplayer inferred that he was seeking help to optimize it, but nobody offered him any help. See here...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-svn-pre.html
    I find it hard to believe nobody was willing to help on this. There is clearly an interest in getting this to work, or at least there is now that P|C has brought attention to it. Plus, that's kinda' what we're doing now right...testing? I would like to see frequent updates to this app, but that is only possible if more devs can get in on the action. Release the source please. If only so WebOS Internals can view it and determine it's safety and release it on Preware.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well, we've got to somehow get the original developer Chomper aka Wo$hithb to get back onto Precentral and talk to us. I know Warlord tried to communicate to him in Chinese
    I actually just tried to register at the treo8.com chinese forum in order to post a link back to here so that Chomper would see it. In order to register in that forum, I had to randomly copy/paste some Chinese characters as my username/password
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Well, we've got to somehow get the original developer Chomper aka Wo$hithb to get back onto Precentral and talk to us. I know Warlord tried to communicate to him in Chinese
    I actually just tried to register at the treo8.com chinese forum in order to post a link back to here so that Chomper would see it. In order to register in that forum, I had to randomly copy/paste some Chinese characters as my username/password
    Yes, I registered at treo8 and posted on the forum.
    plus I sent him a PM.
    I gave him a link back to here.
    He was on treo8 yesterday so I hope he saw my post and PM
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/30/2010 at 04:26 PM.

are you sure that he can answere to your pm with only 1 message in that forum? i saw that there is a great community also in china, is not the case to try to join forces?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    are you sure that he can answere to your pm with only 1 message in that forum? i saw that there is a great community also in china, is not the case to try to join forces?
    It is very desirable to join forces. Unfortunately the prevailing custom on Treo8 seems to be to release binaries with no source code, which makes it almost impossible for any other developers to help.

So the best thing would be to encourage the developers on Treo8 who are working on open source code bases like MPlayer to do their development in an open public repository so that others can review, comment and even assist with the effort. It also means that the development automatically complies with the GPL license under which the MPlayer code is originally released.

-- Rod
  13.    #113  
    I'm doing all I can. I don't won't to push him a way. I will post a message and PM him again soon.
    I think I found his email addy.
    if a dev would like to have it just PM me. I found it in a post he made
    for people to contact him if they need help.
    I can only do so much. But I'm working' on it

Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/30/2010 at 09:09 PM.
  14.    #114  
    The problem I'm having is the Chinese forum. Its hard to get around even with the browser translator on.

As Realmayo stated, "In order to register in that forum, I had to randomly copy/paste some Chinese characters as my username/password".
    He should of put, "ITS APITA"

Just to check to see if I got a PM from him, Is a task in its self,
    Not only trying to post a message. ( thats a whole other story)

I promise "scouts Honor" to keep trying to get in contact with him.
    I have tried in other was that I can't tell

As I stated above. I have his email address but I don't know what to say and I don't won't to **** him off.
    He is in a different country and we can't make him do something he dose not won't to do.
    The laws are different there and I'm not a lawyer
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/30/2010 at 09:37 PM.

15.    #115  
    Ok i posted on treo8 and this is what I posted.

可以请你到 http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-d...-mplayer-webos

我们有问题,需要你的帮助。

这是一个很大的程序,我们想让它使用我们自定义的内核
    如果我们在时钟前视频不好。
    因此,我们需要你来帮助我们。

对不起,在这里发布,但没有了要与您取得联系。

谢谢。你是一个很大的项目...

16.    #116  
    wow not what I put in the translator lol

Can ask you to Homebrew developer "Chomper" builds JVM, ports mPlayer for webOS | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    we have a problem and needs your help.
    This is a great program, we want it to use our custom kernel
    before the clock if the video is not good.
    Therefore, we need you to help us.

I'm sorry, released here, but not the need to contact you.
    Thank you. You are a great project ...

I had my wife tweak your chinese a bit so it is a little bit clearer...

This is a great program, but now we at PreCentral.net would like to help improve it. We want to get it to work with the custom kernels under "Uberkernel". As I'm sure you are aware we can't get it to play with anything other than the stock kernel. So could you please help us by PM'ing me at Precentral.net and we can arrange a way for you to get us your source code. You are an incredible developer! We are all extremely excited about having an open source solution (Mplayer) for video on WebOS. Thank you again for your work!

這是一個很棒的程式. 但是在PreCentral.net上的我們想要使想它更好. 我想要在"Uberkernel"的情況下,能讓這個程式與我們自己的核心(custom kernels)一起運作. 因為我確定你知道我們不能使它運作,除了用內核以外. 所以你能在Precentral.net 上, 用私人訊息傳給我嗎? 讓我們可以得到你來源軟體. 你是一位天賦異稟的發展者! 我們對於能有一個原始碼, 能在WebOS上看到各種格式的影像感到非常興奮. 再次謝謝你!
    Last edited by wekya; 12/30/2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: word for source code was wrong
    M100=> 180 => 270 => 600 => 650 => 680 => 680 => 680 => Pre(GSM Pre minus)=>Galaxy S2 32GB
    Awesome - thanks to everyone who is bridging the language differences!

-- Rod
    this community rocks! Just thought I'd say it again.
    just wow!