Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm neither a kernel developer nor a multimedia developer so I wouldn't be able to help out in either respect, unfortunately. Though I'm hopeful the Uberkernel team and/or the mplayer dev will be able to help out.
    We're ready to assist, but not on something that is currently being distributed in violation of the GPL, for *both* technical and legal reasons. I suspect the original developers of mplayer (as opposed to the person who did the port to webOS) would feel the same way.

If someone has direct contact with the person who has ported the open source MPlayer application to webOS, please ask them to first release the source code and build scripts for the port (as required by the GPL license), and then contact codecrumb or myself.

Thanks,
    -- Rod
    as a post earlier said the developer asked for help with this back on 08/03/2010, he does not supply source but he supplied a patch to patch the source taken from Mplayers repository. here is a link to the original post again.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-svn-pre.html

right now it doesnt seem like neon is enable with the ffmpeg version that is included with the Pre so it is not using all of the processors abilities and is running everything through software encoding instead of hardware encoding which slows play back it down.
    Last edited by elpollodiablo1; 12/29/2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: correcting original post
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    as a post earlier said the developer asked for help with this back on 08/03/2010, he does not supply source but he supplied a patch to patch the source taken from Mplayers repository. here is a link to the original post again.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-svn-pre.html

right now it doesnt seem like neon is enable with the ffmpeg version that is included with the Pre so it is not using all of the processors abilities and is running everything through software encoding instead of hardware encoding which would speed things up greatly.
    Thanks, I've PM'd wo****hb to see if that is the patch with matches the binary which is currently being distributed, and if it is, then we'll get some folks to look into the issues that people are having with UberKernel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4.    #44  
    I would say he is getting a lot of PM's as I too PM'ed him.
    Later I will register at tero8 and try to get in contact with him.

Now I need to learn Japanese
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i just had removed uberkernel (as my pre shuts down randomly and my battery is ok - as said by dr. battery) - so i installed mplayer and tried an avi and a mpg. some stuttering, but a good result overall. a gui would be fine, but that's not the most important thing now.
    very impressing!
    Running just fine on my Sprint pre using custom kernel both stock and OC speeds. Would love to see a pause option but good progress so far. To think last year I was hoping for this to be ported when QQing over converting vids.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Would love to see a pause option
    just press p for pause, w for up, a for left, s for down, d for right and q for quit
    well it's seems like we must wait to a solution
    This is spectacular! Thanks!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  10.    #50  
    OK
    I sent him a PM I think.
    Gave him this link so we will see.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 12/29/2010 at 05:02 PM.

11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Running just fine on my Sprint pre using custom kernel both stock and OC speeds. Would love to see a pause option but good progress so far. To think last year I was hoping for this to be ported when QQing over converting vids.
    What settings are you using for your OC kernel?

Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Code:
    mplayer [options] http://site.com/file.asf
    here is the link to the mplayer docs:
    MPlayer - The Movie Player
    Sweet, I can play streaming WMA! (Cumulus radio stations for example)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Anyone got any screens or videos of this in action?
    looking forward to using this, would love to be able to watch my avi files on my pre. However right now mplayer cannot detect the files I have in my video folder (internalz has confirmed the directory is correct, but it is just a video folder on the usb portion of the drive). Am I missing a step?
    Ahh found an old avi file Who Moved My Cheese and it plays perfect on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just installed this on my Sprint Pre (1.4.5) via Preware. So far it works really well with a few MP4 videos (which also play with the stock player) and a WMV file I put on the USB storage for testing.

I am running UberKernel 1.4.5-119 with Govnah 0.7.9 set to Screenstate 500/800 (everything default) and haven't experienced any problems so far.
    I registered Mplayer as the default handler for .asf file extensions using MetaView's RegisterApp app (L\’Haut-Parleur An app to register another app for a certain file type…) in the hopes that launching an .asf URL in the browser would open Mplayer and stream it.. well, it opens mplayer but doesn't do anything (which I probably should have expected after reading some more of the info on MetaView's site)... any ideas on ways to create a shortcut to launch a streaming file (rather than manually typing in Terminal?)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

On the topic of Mplayer itself: I'm amazed at how well it's able to play the high resolution xvid avi videos I had laying around on my regular sprint Pre. I'm very excited for when a webOS 2.0-compatible version will be released

this please
    warlord9159-

Awesome app! Noticed the icon didn't have a transparency and was very large (400x400).

See attached...just replace the icon you have already as this icon. It's sized to the correct 64x64 icon size and has a transparent/clear background behind the logo - see screenshot.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by opacityzero; 12/29/2010 at 09:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    It seems to work flawlessly with my 1GHz/250MHz screenstate setting (It has some other changes as well) in uberkernel now without lag on videos that were lagging before.
    Now everything plays flawless except for HD content (Which the Pre's video player doesn't do either)
    Tested flv, flac, Xvid and some other codecs in avi (I'll post them later when I get back to my desktop), and mp4.
    Will update with what kernel settings I'm running as well.
    I'm seeing a lot of potential in this app, and I'm loving it.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast