Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Just got done a marathon update for my French Pre Plus on SFR over the "legitimately" (not meta-doc'd) offered doctor from 1.4.5 to 2.1.

After repatching and overclocking to Uberkernel (screenstate 500/800), I installed mPlayer and tested. I installed the ipk from 1st post plus the missing fonts. I have not yet installed (copied over) Rod's "fixed" executable.

Still O'clocking, I tested it on only mp4s which where dl'd from the YouTube app as yet.

The video pops up as another card in the stack. The Pre got sluggish, so I haven't yet attempted starting a 2nd vid just for fun.

Update: Thought I had found a workaround for the list select problem but I was wrong.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Just wanted to pop in and share with you guys that I've just releasedmy own MPlayer webOS Wrapper: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...per-1-0-a.html

I've included a java service, so it'll support both webOS 2.x and webOS 1.4.5. I've also included an armv6 build, so that will work on Pixi/Pixi+ devices. However, keep in mind device processing speed is a factor in smooth video playing. I've also noticed mp4 video having choppiness, but avi videos play pretty good.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #403  
    Jason has an update to his Mplayer wrapper.

working great.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...per-1-0-a.html
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    chomper install very slow playback. 1-2 frames a sec.

with ubuntu (ompldr.org/vNnY0NA/mplayer) build mplayer file installed in chomper folder. Creamy smooth video playback. excellent.

the jason wrapper ver. studdering video playback choppy sound.

with ubuntu (ompldr.org/vNnY0NA/mplayer) build mplayer file installed in jason wrapper ver folder. studdering video playback choppy sound.

all results running uberkernel at 1ghz.
    VZ pre+ 1.4.5
    xvid movie file 300mb per hour compression with mp3 128kbit 2channel audio. originally made to run smooth on Palm t|x core player.
    Last edited by namgod; 04/03/2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: add phone type and file type
    just attempted to install this, but seems all the links in post 1 are awol aka 404'ed.

Anyone git the files saved?
    Does this media player work for a Palm pixi plus mobile?
    The download link

Use Preware, WebOSQuickinstall or Internalz to install this application.
    After you install this app you will need to do a full restart of your phone.

Download: chomper.app.mplayer_1.0_armv7.ipk

isn't working anymore, Does anyone have an alternate location for this app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Sorry needed a armv6.ipk, armv7.ipk doesn't work on palm pixi +, do you have it?
    Thanks man !! Does it also play the ,mkv format ?
    Experiment a bit; try it. And check out both first posts for more info.

...as of v1.0.1, "register as file handler" registers MPlayer as a handler for the following extensions:
    .mpeg, .mpg, .vob, .avi, .ogg, .ogv, .oga, .asf, .asx, .wmv, .qt, .mov, .mp4, .rm, .rv, .ra, .mkv, .flv, .wma, .mp3, .wav, .3gp, .flac
    It registers them at least. You'll have to do the verifying.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021