Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    I think its pretty clear he is using dtzWill's code. Not sure, but I believe the same guy used his gui_menu in a separate gba emulator.

On a side note, i was working on a .sh file to make accessing mplayer in the command line easier (and lower the necessity for dtzWill's unlicensed code).
    Since WebOS Internals will release an open-source compliant front-end, we can use dtzWill's open source menu code. And of course also because he is a member of WebOS Internals

But Brandon (oil) and I have bigger ideas ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    But for the meantime, is there any way to directly open a file/url using a .sh file?
    great - now works with the Harrier-kernel too! THANKS!
  4.    #284  
    I'm sorry if my post was miss-understood. I was talking about Chomper's part of this.

I will try to re-word it better later.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I see plenty of things that WebOS Internals can do with the GPL port of the open source mplayer package to webOS, including putting a Mojo front-end on it, or perhaps integrating it into drPodder or (if it's open source, I forget whether it is or not) Music Player Remix (which would then perhaps be renamed Media Player Remix) ...

That's the beauty of open source software - development is not constrained by the wishes of a single developer ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I'm sorry if my post was miss-understood. I was talking about Chomper's part of this.
    No misunderstanding. Chomper has contributed an extremely important part of the solution (the port of the SDL video output driver to webOS), and now we're going to build on that in the true open source tradition.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #286  
    k.
    man I can't wait for more info.
    if you need any testers, count me in
    Slightly off the original thread topic;

Secure Shell works on webOS 2.0
    Any idea how I install that onto my Pre2? I searched in Preware app and couldn't find it.

I'm going to try the Bourne Again Shell to see if that will give me what I need on my Pre2. currently only terminal access is via USB cable and novaterm from the pc.

Thanks for the work on this mplayer thread I have now played some videos on my Pre2 that the built in player could not.

Just needs some ui crafting or as others have suggested assimilation into an existing player to leverage more fully.

Very nice work everyone! I can definitely see a bright future. Cannot wait to try ogg vorbis playback
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    I can confirm that Ogg Vorbis playback is very happy on mplayer on my Pre2

Just played my first song and it sounded great!! May get to retire my T|X in the very near future!

WebOS Homebrew community rules!

Thanks, Mark
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Can u use this app on the Palm Pixi?? I tried to install it but it came up with an error in Preware
    (if it's open source, I forget whether it is or not) Music Player Remix (which would then perhaps be renamed Media Player Remix)
    Sorry, Music Player (Remix) is not open source and I anticipate keeping it music (audio) only since that's my particular area of interest. But I appreciate the consideration of my app as a potential frontend for your work.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Sorry, Music Player (Remix) is not open source and I anticipate keeping it music (audio) only since that's my particular area of interest. But I appreciate the consideration of my app as a potential frontend for your work.
    Any chance though of integrating it with this work on mplayer such that, while Music Player Remix remains audio only, has expanded codec support? I would LOVE (read: would pay/donate/whatever) to have ogg vorbis and/or flac support...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Any chance though of integrating it with this work on mplayer such that, while Music Player Remix remains audio only, has expanded codec support? I would LOVE (read: would pay/donate/whatever) to have ogg vorbis and/or flac support...
    Now that would be a nice upgrade to Music Player remix!
    Then it would be the defacto multiformat audio player for the Pre!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    I would love to have OGG and FLAC support, but it's not currently feasible. To add additional codec support, I'd have to convert the app into a hybrid SDK/PDK app and use SDL audio for playback instead of HTML5 audio. The problem with doing this is I could no longer use the webOS media indexing API to retrieve the list of songs/albums/artists/genres/playlists because the media indexer only recognizes the currently supported audio formats (MP3, AAC, WAV, etc.). I'd have to write my own media indexer service that ran in the background to pick up all the new supported files. It's just not feasible for me to do this.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Code:
    media.cryprofs.apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer mplayer [options] [filepath or url]
    but that says it doesn't have permission. I'm pretty sure it has to do with permissions, but I dont know how to give the files the correct permissions. I tried changing the permissions on the file itself and i tried typing sudo before the path and neither worked. Can anyone provide any help?
    I use:
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer/mplayer -vf scale file
    Note that I added the "-vf scale" option since since it is used by the author when launching the file via the menu and without it I get unwatchable video. It also works with streaming video. Thanks to Chomper and WebOS Internals I can finally stream my files from mythtv to my pre, no more waiting for WebOS 2.0 and flash
    Options can also be add permanently to mplayer config
    Code:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer/.mplayer/config
    usage: OPTION="PARAMETER" (one option on line)

edit:
    config file is NOT used if played from command line
    Last edited by k3dar; 01/06/2011 at 04:49 PM.
    I found a way to minimize a/v lag.
    -lavdopts skipframe=nonref:skiploopfilter=all
    Works on a .mov file, that was seriously out of sync before. Video quality does take a hit, but it is watchable now.
    -framedrop doesn't work at all for me.
  17.    #297  
    Here is what is set up in mplayer
    Pulled from Mplayer file with C

Configuration: --target=arm-linux --cc=arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc --enable-cross-compile --host-cc=gcc --with-sdl-config=/usr/local/bin/sdl-config --enable-sdl --disable-neon --disable-fbdev --disable-v4l2 --enable-real --disable-inet6 --disable-alsa --disable-pulse --disable-ossaudio --disable-libcdio --disable-tv --disable-vm --disable-vcd --disable-xv --disable-directfb --extra-libs=-Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined -Wl,-rpath-link /usr/local/lib -L /usr/local/lib -lGLESv2 -lpdl
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

18.    #298  
    And I found a help reference

**** Your system is too SLOW to play this! ****

Possible reasons, problems, workarounds:
    - Most common: broken/buggy _audio_ driver
    - Try -ao sdl or use the OSS emulation of ALSA.
    - Experiment with different values for -autosync, 30 is a good start.
    - Slow video output
    - Try a different -vo driver (-vo help for a list) or try -framedrop!
    - Slow CPU
    - Don't try to play a big DVD/DivX on a slow CPU! Try some of the lavdopts,
    e.g. -vfm ffmpeg -lavdopts lowres=1:fast:skiploopfilter=all.
    - Broken file
    - Try various combinations of -nobps -ni -forceidx -mc 0.
    - Slow media (NFS/SMB mounts, DVD, VCD etc)
    - Try -cache 8192.
    - Are you using -cache to play a non-interleaved AVI file?
    - Try -nocache.
    Read DOCS/HTML/en/video.html for tuning/speedup tips.
    If none of this helps you, read DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html.

19.    #299  
    And some more options

mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename

Basic options: (complete list in the man page)
    -vo <drv> select video output driver ('-vo help' for a list)
    -ao <drv> select audio output driver ('-ao help' for a list)
    dvd://<titleno> play DVD title from device instead of plain file
    -alang/-slang select DVD audio/subtitle language (by 2-char country code)
    -ss <position> seek to given (seconds or hh:mm:ss) position
    -nosound do not play sound
    -fs fullscreen playback (or -vm, -zoom, details in the man page)
    -x <x> -y <y> set display resolution (for use with -vm or -zoom)
    -sub <file> specify subtitle file to use (also see -subfps, -subdelay)
    -playlist <file> specify playlist file
    -vid x -aid y select video (x) and audio (y) stream to play
    -fps x -srate y change video (x fps) and audio (y Hz) rate
    -pp <quality> enable postprocessing filter (details in the man page)
    -framedrop enable frame dropping (for slow machines)

Basic keys: (complete list in the man page, also check input.conf)
    <- or -> seek backward/forward 10 seconds
    down or up seek backward/forward 1 minute
    pgdown or pgup seek backward/forward 10 minutes
    < or > step backward/forward in playlist
    p or SPACE pause movie (press any key to continue)
    q or ESC stop playing and quit program
    + or - adjust audio delay by +/- 0.1 second
    o cycle OSD mode: none / seekbar / seekbar + timer
    * or / increase or decrease PCM volume
    x or z adjust subtitle delay by +/- 0.1 second
    r or t adjust subtitle position up/down, also see -vf expand

* * * SEE THE MAN PAGE FOR DETAILS, FURTHER (ADVANCED) OPTIONS AND KEYS * * *

20.    #300  
    now if you press "+" it will forward . how much, i don't know but it looks like 5 min.
    press "&" will forward about 10 sec.