Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 411
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Can you build the one form the code site into a install package> (IPK)
    Can this be done.
    And thank you so much for all your help with this.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  2.    #262  
    from 8meg to 9meg
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  3.    #263  
    Cool man so far so great
    Running uber @1Ghz and man this works so good
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Can you build the one form the code site into a install package> (IPK)
    Well, I do not know what license the rest of the files in the ipk are released under. There is no source code for the gui_menu executable, and it has no license, so by default I have no rights to redistribute those files in a modified ipk. I have the rights to redistribute a modified mplayer executable, because it is GPL and I have provided a link in the post above to the full source code and build scripts.

    The irony is that the gui_menu looks suspiciously like the ROM selection code from dtzWill's VBA emulator, which itself is open source code. If that is in fact the case, then it would be another case of distributing binaries made from open source code without complying with the license.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Well, I do not know what license the rest of the files in the ipk are released under. There is no source code for the gui_menu executable, and it has no license, so by default I have no rights to redistribute those files in a modified ipk. I have the rights to redistribute a modified mplayer executable, because it is GPL and I have provided a link in the post above to the full source code and build scripts.

    The irony is that the gui_menu looks suspiciously like the ROM selection code from dtzWill's VBA emulator, which itself is open source code. If that is in fact the case, then it would be another case of distributing binaries made from open source code without complying with the license.

    -- Rod
    Wow that a lot of thunkin' lol
    No biggie.
    thank you so much.....
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  6.    #266  
    I will update the op after we get some more testing on this but for me, this works great.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  7.    #267  
    Is it ok if I put your name on the first post about all you have done with this?
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I will update the op after we get some more testing on this but for me, this works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Is it ok if I put your name with the fixed maplayer file on the first post?
    Yes.

    Make sure that anywhere you reference the fixed mplayer binary, you also reference all the source code distribution details in the same post, otherwise you will be in non-compliance with the GPL license ... for example in post #264 above, and post #271 below.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. globex's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #269  
    Confirmed here as working MUCH better on UberKernel (with the new mplayer file) 500/1000 Screenstate (Pre-) with a DIVX Avi file! So exciting!

    However, the audio is very out of sync, almost immediately.
    Last edited by globex; 01/06/2011 at 12:48 AM.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes.

    Make sure that anywhere you reference the fixed mplayer binary, you also reference all the source code distribution details in the same post, otherwise you will be in non-compliance with the GPL license ...

    -- Rod
    Like the GPL FAQ and the site to view the complie and patch (CODE.GOOGLE)
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Confirmed here as working MUCH better on UberKernel 500/1000 Screenstate (Pre-) with a DIVX Avi file! So exciting!

    However, the audio is very out of sync, almost immediately.
    Try one more vid as on my pre- the sync is no the money.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Like the GPL FAQ and the site to view the complie and patch (CODE.GOOGLE)
    No, the following:

    "That binary is built on a Ubuntu 10.4.1 LTS 32-bit x86 Linux host, using the WebOS Internals WIDK (in the packages/media/mplayer directory). Source code for the binary is available at git.webos-internals.org in the cross-compile.git repository."

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Confirmed here as working MUCH better on UberKernel 500/1000 Screenstate (Pre-) with a DIVX Avi file! So exciting!

    However, the audio is very out of sync, almost immediately.
    Could you please remove my quote please. ty
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, the following:

    "That binary is built on a Ubuntu 10.4.1 LTS 32-bit x86 Linux host, using the WebOS Internals WIDK (in the packages/media/mplayer directory). Source code for the binary is available at git.webos-internals.org in the cross-compile.git repository."

    -- Rod
    Got it ty.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  15.    #275  
    Download
    http://ompldr.org/vNnY0NA/mplayer
    "That binary is built on a Ubuntu 10.4.1 LTS 32-bit x86 Linux host, using the WebOS Internals WIDK (in the packages/media/mplayer directory). Source code for the binary is available at git.webos-internals.org in the cross-compile.git repository."
    Thanks Rwhitby for working on this.


    Send to
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer/
    "Must have Mplayer installed."

    No need to Restart phone.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/06/2011 at 01:07 AM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  16. #276  
    Much better!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  17.    #277  
    Damn I got a big write up on this lol.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  18.    #278  
    ......................Update to OP............
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Please thank "Wosh!thb aka-Chomper, Rwhitby, and all the testers that help with this".

    If Chomper updates Mplayer, We will let you know but for now, he stated that it's a "final" version.
    But IMO, I do see him working on a 2.0 version when WebOS 2.0 (OTA) update comes out.[/B]

    I take no credit for this.
    Chomper is the Dev so show him some love @ the site I posted above.
    I see plenty of things that WebOS Internals can do with the GPL port of the open source mplayer package to webOS, including putting a Mojo front-end on it, or perhaps integrating it into drPodder or (if it's open source, I forget whether it is or not) Music Player Remix (which would then perhaps be renamed Media Player Remix) ...

    That's the beauty of open source software - development is not constrained by the wishes of a single developer ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The irony is that the gui_menu looks suspiciously like the ROM selection code from dtzWill's VBA emulator, which itself is open source code. If that is in fact the case, then it would be another case of distributing binaries made from open source code without complying with the license.

    -- Rod
    I think its pretty clear he is using dtzWill's code. Not sure, but I believe the same guy used his gui_menu in a separate gba emulator.

    On a side note, i was working on a .sh file to make accessing mplayer in the command line easier (and lower the necessity for dtzWill's unlicensed code). Since you cannot paste into terminal, it was very difficult to type in urls. I realized I could paste into internalz file editor and created a file called "batch.sh". However, i dont understand .sh files very well. I tried:
    Code:
    cd media.cryprofs.apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer
    mplayer [options] [filepath or url]
    but it says it can't cd. i also tried:
    Code:
    media.cryprofs.apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer mplayer [options] [filepath or url]
    but that says it doesn't have permission. I'm pretty sure it has to do with permissions, but I dont know how to give the files the correct permissions. I tried changing the permissions on the file itself and i tried typing sudo before the path and neither worked. Can anyone provide any help?

Posting Permissions