Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Cool SO before mplayer would not load and after you you sent the font as stated it worked
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Cool SO before mplayer would not load and after you you sent the font as stated it worked
    Correct, but it always worked from the commandline

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Ok lets try this on PRE Webos 2.0 only

Download font

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12521579/uming.ttc

and send it to :

/usr/share/fonts/

Using WebOSQuickInstall

Do a full restart of phone (not Luna).

Start Mplayer.

Post results please.
    I did as you said and used the font file from your link. I could not start mplayer from the phone. I tapped the icon, and nothing would happen. Over novaterm I started mplayer. I could hear the file, but the video looked like this:

I copied the font instead from my Pre Plus, and now it is working. I find it much less choppy than on the Pre Plus. Oddly, if I launch it from the phone, I have to wait a minute or so before I can tap on any of the videos and get them to respond. Or I may just need to tap them several times.

If I add ".avi" to an ".mkv" file, I can play it from the phone. It is still too slow though and gets out of a/v sync right away.

If I try to play a file by starting mplayer from novaterm, I still get the wavy lines pictured above.

Terminal isn't working on webOS 2.0 yet. So I can't try launching it that way yet. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Terminal isn't working on webOS 2.0 yet. So I can't try launching it that way yet. Thanks!
    Secure Shell works on webOS 2.0

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Hi Rod,

Please try this one. It's an mp4, 720p resolution, 317.56mb. Fully redistributable, 100% legal original content created by me.

Mirror 1:
    http://content.wuala.com/contents/gl..._720p.mp4?dl=1
    Mirror 2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/146026/megapolitan_720p.mp4

Lags massively on my overclocked Pre- on UberKernel 500/1000Mhz Screenstate settings. Haven't tried on Stock Kernel.

Everyone else, can you please download this file too and try it on your Pre to confirm it plays incorrectly?

For more information about the film itself, visit: Megapolitan | Official Movie Site
    Lags on my Pre 2 also. Audio skips so bad, it's hard to tell if it's in sync. Thanks.
  6.    #246  
    can you over-clock your pre2?
    if so please try without OCing.
    remove Uberkernel and test.

and download the Avatar.avi I posted please

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12521579/avatar%20avi.avi

please don't run from command line.
    I'm looking to see if it will launch from the launcher page with font.

Ok lets try this on PRE Webos 2.0 only

Download font

and send it to :

/usr/share/fonts/

Using WebOSQuickInstall

Do a full restart of phone (not Luna).

Start Mplayer.
    Not from command line.

Post results please.
    NO OC.

thanks.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/05/2011 at 07:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    @Rod: an mp4 launched from secure shell gave me the same wavies.

@Warlord: trying do download w/phone on the train. Looks like I'll have to do it from home. Thanks.
    Last edited by ashi; 01/05/2011 at 06:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    The Avatar preview looks great, and the audio stays in sync.

With any video I play with mplayer on the Pre 2, I get a bar on the left the size of the top bar (where time, battery life, etc. are displayed) and the color of the background. I am considering editing my wallpaper for now to make the top part black.

Thanks.

edit: oh and overclocking isn't implemented yet for Pre 2.
  9.    #249  
    Thanks.
    your running 2.0.0 ?
    USA ?

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    2.0.1 USA, hacked to work on Sprint via meta doctor & com board swap.
  11.    #251  
    Made changes to OP...

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Okay, I was curious and tried it again with your font from the link. I copied your font into /usr/share/fonts and rebooted. It works. I must have done something wrong the first time I copied it over.
    OK, I've done some testing with the following video:

Using Chomper's mplayer executable, I can reproduce the problem where running on UberKernel causes an unacceptable degradation in video playback which is not present when running on stock kernel.

The interesting thing is that when I use the mplayer that I compiled myself using the WIDK, I do not get the degradation. Playback on stock kernel and UberKernel at stock settings are comperable, and playback on UberKernel at 1GHz is better than on stock kernel.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    @Rod: an mp4 launched from secure shell gave me the same wavies.
    try mplayer -fs -framedrop -pp 10 <file>

-- Rod
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, I've done some testing with the following video:

Using Chomper's mplayer executable, I can reproduce the problem where running on UberKernel causes an unacceptable degradation in video playback which is not present when running on stock kernel.

The interesting thing is that when I use the mplayer that I compiled myself using the WIDK, I do not get the degradation. Playback on stock kernel and UberKernel at stock settings are comperable, and playback on UberKernel at 1GHz is better than on stock kernel.

-- Rod
    Is their any Way you can package this up so we can try it out?

16.    #256  
    So I don't understand why would this be. did you look at the mplayer file and see if the two had the the same info? just a ?

17.    #257  
    maybe he complied to different patches and the one on the code site is the good one. no neon...

Since all he has released is a binary and a patch (and I have no way of knowing whether the two match), I cannot say why it is different.

This is yet another reason why WebOS Internals insists on being able to build things from source code with repeatable build scripts. Trying to debug a binary from someone else without being able to exactly rebuild it is virtually impossible.

-- Rod
  19.    #259  
    Can you build the one form the code site into a install package> (IPK)

Is their any Way you can package this up so we can try it out?
    Replace the mplayer executable with this one:

http://ompldr.org/vNnY0NA/mplayer

That binary is built on a Ubuntu 10.4.1 LTS 32-bit x86 Linux host, using the WebOS Internals WIDK (in the packages/media/mplayer directory). Source code for the binary is available at git.webos-internals.org in the cross-compile.git repository.

Everyone who was having problems with UberKernel with chomper's binary, please replace the /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/chomper.app.mplayer/mplayer binary with the one above. Make sure you chmod ugo+x the file after you copy it in (or just reboot the phone to achieve the same thing).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/06/2011 at 12:24 AM.