Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Ok,so I tried this.
    "Go to Profile List > App Menu > Disable Profile >"shut down the device,did a battery pull for a min.
    Turned on device, looked at Gov. and still at UberKernel Default @ 500mhz.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Are you saying the patches found on "http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=preware/cross-compile.git;a=tree;f=packages/media/mplayer" fix the laggy issue?
    Nope. did not test that patch as it is still a wip and rwhitby never asked us to test

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Nope. did not test that patch as it is still a wip and rwhitby never asked us to test
    Ok standing by
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Anyway to make this work with the Pixi??
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel.chris View Post
    That is strange. I tried copying the palm pre MP4 file (the first startup video) to the video directory, and it is 'seen' (and plays) with Mplayer.

For what it's worth, this is on a Sprint Pre "minus"...
    ok, it seems it does play certain mp4's that are correctly encoded, but mkv's are still a no-go. i was simply hoping that this would be a swiss-army knife for video codecs on webos, not seeing that yet...
    Is this downloadable via preware? I looked everywhere and can not find it. Can somebody please point me in the right direction.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Are you saying the patches found on "" fix the laggy issue?
    No. That is simply the Makefile and slightly modified original patch to allow mplayer to be built using the WIDK. A repeatable build from source code is mandatory before starting to make changes.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    Is this downloadable via preware? I looked everywhere and can not find it. Can somebody please point me in the right direction.

thanks
    It is not available via preware.
    See the very first post in this thread....You need to download the .ipk file, and then install it with either Internalz, or WebOS quick installer.
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel.chris View Post
    It is not available via preware.
    See the very first post in this thread....You need to download the .ipk file, and then install it with either Internalz, or WebOS quick installer.
    Note that you can use Preware's Install Package menu item to install the downloaded .ipk file ...

You can also usually click on the URL and Preware will install it directly from the http link.

Or you can copy and paste the URL into the main Preware screen or the Install Package screen.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I tried the mplayer with UK installed @ 500/1000 state and it was laggy too, uninstalled it and smoothly it ran, but I was using it with a .flv file I used Realplayer to rip and it worked just fine. BTW, this is my first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

You can also usually click on the URL and Preware will install it directly from the http link.

-- Rod
    didn't know this was possible, how do I set that feature up?
    Quote Originally Posted by therddler View Post
    I tried the mplayer with UK installed @ 500/1000 state and it was laggy too, uninstalled it and smoothly it ran...
    Same here.

I took a few minutes during my lunch hour to uninstall UberKernel and test Mplayer.

It ran my ~700meg "Divx" AVI file quite well, (seemed flawless) as well as an MPEG1 music video.
    The Avatar MP4 trailer was choppy, but that didn't surprise me, as it's a 720p H.264 file.

These files were tested with the stock kernel.

Once I reinstalled UberKernel, Mplayer was back to choppy/slow playback.

I'm sure this has been established (Mplayer not 'behaving' with UK installed) but I do want to say that I'm hopeful for optimizations, since with the stock kernel it seems to decode video quite well.
  13.    #233  
    Made changes to original post.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that you can use Preware's Install Package menu item to install the downloaded .ipk file ...

Or you can copy and paste the URL into the main Preware screen or the Install Package screen.

-- Rod
    Thanks!! Had no idea i could to that.
    I believe Mplayer plays anything you will throw at it. I think the GUI only shows certain file-formats. If anyone wants to experiment with exotic codecs and/or containers you can always try running it in the terminal. Performance issues are another question, I think 1080p videos will never run smoothly, maybe 720p if there is hardware acceleration.
    Stock kernel, no UK, no govnah, as they were uninstalled previous to the test: Pre- GSM 1.45. Megapolitan is laggy/choppy sound and low framerate before a device restart, and after restarting only marginally better, if at all.

UK default much worse, as others have said maybe 2-3 fps, audio same. Screenstate 800 maybe slightly faster 6-8 fps? Screenstate 1000 slightly better still, but still not at the same framerates as the stock Palm kernel.
    M100=> 180 => 270 => 600 => 650 => 680 => 680 => 680 => Pre(GSM Pre minus)=>Galaxy S2 32GB
    Hay guys,
    I'm a Chinese Palm Pre's user,Mplayer can be used on Pre2 now.
    Mplayer call and use "uming.ttf" this file when it's working,and this file is non existed in Pre2,so Pre2 can't use Mplayer.set up this file and reboot your pre2,then this program will work on.

And perhaps the GPU's low efficiency cause lag problem.Mplayer's most work depend on GPU,except software decoding work.
    Last edited by levankov; 01/05/2011 at 06:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by levankov View Post
    Hay guys,
    I'm a Chinese Palm Pre's user,Mplayer can be used on Pre2 now.
    Mplayer call and use "uming.ttf" this file when it's working,and this file is non existed in Pre2,so Pre2 can't use Mplayer.set up this file and reboot your pre2,then this program will work on.

And perhaps the GPU's low efficiency cause lag problem.Mplayer's most work depend on GPU,except software decoding work.
    Thank you for the information, this will make many Pre2 users very happy.
  19.    #239  
    Ok lets try this on PRE Webos 2.0 only

Download font

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12521579/uming.ttc

and send it to :

/usr/share/fonts/

Using WebOSQuickInstall

Do a full restart of phone (not Luna).

Start Mplayer.

Post results please.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/05/2011 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Ok lets try this on PRE Webos 2.0 only

Download font

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12521579/uming.ttc

and send it to :

/usr/share/fonts/

Using WebOSQuickInstall

Do a full restart of phone (not Luna).

Start Mplayer.

Post results please.
    Works here on Webos 2.0.1
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2