Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Very very choppy with the Harrier kernel. I tried to retreive the log from lumberjack but nothing shows up in the log.
    Same here but I don't know how to use it lol
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Can we also have results from the UberKernel, with the Palm Default profile made sticky, and after a reboot (to make sure only the values from that profile are active).

-- Rod
    So rod do you only want us to test with the Uberkernel and stock?
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can we also have results from the UberKernel, with the Palm Default profile made sticky, and after a reboot (to make sure only the values from that profile are active).

-- Rod
    Uber with Palm default and a reboot
    Same, laggy.

Attached Images Attached Images

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    -- Rod
    UberKernel, Palm Default profile (with reboot), Pre-, WebOS 1.4.5, Avatar.avi: As laggy as Screenstate 500/1000.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Hi Rod,

Please try this one. It's an mp4, 720p resolution, 317.56mb. Fully redistributable, 100% legal original content created by me.

Mirror 1:
    http://content.wuala.com/contents/gl..._720p.mp4?dl=1
    Mirror 2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/146026/megapolitan_720p.mp4

Lags massively on my overclocked Pre- on UberKernel 500/1000Mhz Screenstate settings. Haven't tried on Stock Kernel.

Everyone else, can you please download this file too and try it on your Pre to confirm it plays incorrectly?

For more information about the film itself, visit: Megapolitan | Official Movie Site
    Thanks - that is a perfect alpha testing candidate.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by xanuk View Post
    have anyone compiled the actual svn, or could someone explain the process to compile it with the toolchain?
    I've added it to the WIDK: git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/cross-compile.git/tree - packages/media/mplayer/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnusx12112 View Post
    i'm having the exact same issue. downloaded the file using zumodrive, created the "video" directory, using internalz, under /media/internal/ and it's just telling me that i need to create a video folder when i launch the app. anyone figure this out?
    Figured out what my problem was. This thing isn't recognizing any video types other than avi's. I was under the impression that it could handle mkv's as well.
    Figured out what my problem was. This thing isn't recognizing any video types other than avi's. I was under the impression that it could handle mkv's as well.
    Oddly enough doesn't seem to support the palm's native mp4 container either...
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    That is incorrect, cygnusx. It can load and play mp4s. It just seems to lag quite a bit on them (at least on the ones I've tried). I haven't tried MKVs but MPlayer should handle those just fine too.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:

-- Rod
    If you really want palm-default after a reboot, tapping on it to sticky it won't always work.

Complete profile clearing instructions:
    Go to Profile List > App Menu > Disable Profile > Reboot.

Just tapping the palm-default profile can sometimes leave around bits from other profiles (like compcache.)
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I also tried a 1080 vid of about 153mb in size, *.wmv format, and laggy as crap under default Palm profile with UK installed. I used oil's method to disable profile and reboot.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    That is incorrect, cygnusx. It can load and play mp4s. It just seems to lag quite a bit on them (at least on the ones I've tried). I haven't tried MKVs but MPlayer should handle those just fine too.
    not sure why, it's just not seeing any video files i put under the directory that aren't avi's
  14.    #214  
    Are you running Ver.1.0 ?

15.    #215  
    If that works and all, it would be so nice just to tap Palm Default and all would be good to go.
    Wish list
    Also, the link Rwhitby posted, is that some kinda update or is at 1.0 still ?
    And if so, could we take the two patches (mplayer 1.0 and Rob's patch from git.webos)
    and make a new patch to update mplayer 1.0?

Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    If you really want palm-default after a reboot, tapping on it to sticky it won't always work.

Just tapping the palm-default profile can sometimes leave around bits from other profiles (like compcache.)
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/04/2011 at 01:35 PM.

not sure why, it's just not seeing any video files i put under the directory that aren't avi's
    That is strange. I tried copying the palm pre MP4 file (the first startup video) to the video directory, and it is 'seen' (and plays) with Mplayer.

For what it's worth, this is on a Sprint Pre "minus"...
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    That works and all but it would be so nice just to tap Palm Default and all would be good to go.
    Wish list
    Also, the link Rwhitby posted, is that some kinda update or is at 1.0 still ?
    And if so, could we take the two patches (mplayer 1.0 and Rob's patch from git.webos)
    and make a new patch to update mplayer 1.0?
    Are you saying the patches found on "http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=preware/cross-compile.git;a=tree;f=packages/media/mplayer" fix the laggy issue?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  18.    #218  
    Ok i just tried this and it did not work for me. Was at Uber 1GHZ.
    Did as stated with a full reboot and still as laggy as if it had 1ghz set in gov.
    looked and it states in gov that it's at UberKernel Default @ 500MHZ.

So i set it to Palm default, "Go to Profile List > App Menu > Disable Profile > Reboot". Looked at Gov. and it's at UberKernel Default @ 500MHZ. Still laggy.

Now I left it at UberKernel Default @ 500MHZ "Go to Profile List > App Menu > Disable Profile > Reboot".
    looked at Gov. and it's at UberKernel Default @ 500MHZ Still laggy.

Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post

Last edited by warlord9159; 01/04/2011 at 01:33 PM.

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Ok i just tried this and it did not work for me. Was at Uber 1GHZ.
    Did as stated with a full reboot and still as laggy as if it had 1ghz set in gov.
    looked and it states in gov that it's at UberKernel Default @ 500mhz.

So i set it to Palm default, "Go to Profile List > App Menu > Disable Profile > Reboot". Looked at Gov. and it's at UberKernel Default @ 500mhz.

Ditto...Which i think is the same settings as palm or should be....but still laggy with my wmv file.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    The only difference between uk-default and palm-default is uk has scaling_max_freq at 1ghz (because that is the new kernel max,) and palm only at 600mhz. But since the default userspace governor doesn't use scaling_max_freq, I don't think it matters for the testing rwhitby wanted.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast