1.    #1  
    Hallo,
    it seems to me that Palm does not respect GPL. If I'm in error please correct me, but for example SDL is LGPL, the patches that Palm dumps to us, especially 1.4.5 and after that are not full - their changes to the configure and opengles... could be found in 1.3.5 but not in 1.4.5 and onwards. The second thing is, that as I remember the changes made should require that the source could be build from the user, so many of the changes in SDL need proprietary Palm-Headers, which Palm does not supply.
    So as I say correct me if I'm wrong, but this whole dumping of unbuildable and half complete patches does not seem to comply with GPL/LGPL.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gergan View Post
    Hallo,
    it seems to me that Palm does not respect GPL. If I'm in error please correct me, but for example SDL is LGPL, the patches that Palm dumps to us, especially 1.4.5 and after that are not full - their changes to the configure and opengles... could be found in 1.3.5 but not in 1.4.5 and onwards. The second thing is, that as I remember the changes made should require that the source could be build from the user, so many of the changes in SDL need proprietary Palm-Headers, which Palm does not supply.
    So as I say correct me if I'm wrong, but this whole dumping of unbuildable and half complete patches does not seem to comply with GPL/LGPL.
    They are only required to provide changes they made to open source files, they do not need to provide their proprietary code. There is no need for this to build, just the source changes to be open.

webOS is not opensource - its built on top of opensource.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  3.    #3  
    I'm not meaning source code to their proprietary code.
    As from LGPL 2.1:
    "Source code" for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. For a library, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the library.
    Which means that the changes to the headers - also the headers that come in PDK SDL_opengles.h should be in the patches for 1.4.5 and 2.0.0, configure.ac/cofigure changes are not in those patches either.

What I'm not perfectly sure about is, if they should redistribute the headers, which are included in SDL as to allow recompilation of the SDL (that's what I mean), but I think that they should... As they have with with the luna-service.h ....