Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    All I know is after un-installing JVM I could install 105 and it installed uberkernel too
    plus i could install factory kernel also.

Could not do this with JVM installed
    It could just be my phone but I popped in here to give a heads up to my problems with the new 0.50JVM

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Someone needs to look at where the installation ipk installs files - if it's in the root partition, then that's *very* bad (and would be the cause of warlord's out of space error when installing a kernel).

-- Rod
    Last edited by warlord9159; 01/12/2011 at 10:54 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Someone needs to look at where the installation ipk installs files - if it's in the root partition, then that's *very* bad (and would be the cause of warlord's out of space error when installing a kernel).

-- Rod
    In IPK is only dir /usr/palm/applications/choomper.app.prejvm, after install this is placed in /media/cryptofs/apps/. No script for pre or post install.
    Installed app and data is placed in /media/internal/jvm/
    warlord9159: today i update without problem ubberkernel with prejvm 0.5.0 installed
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    In IPK is only dir /usr/palm/applications/choomper.app.prejvm, after install this is placed in /media/cryptofs/apps/. No script for pre or post install.
    Installed app and data is placed in /media/internal/jvm/
    That is all correct.

-- Rod
    warlord9159: today i update without problem ubberkernel with prejvm 0.5.0 installed
    Got me man.
    It was a wild one.
    But thats what I had to do.
    I could not install any modified Kernel from Preware And I have never had any problems with any kernel form preware or the testing feeds.
    After re-moving JVM I installed and removed three different Kernels.
    I just hope no one else has the same problems i did.
    Like I said, "could of been my phone" as I do a lot of patch testing and mods to my phone.
    For now I'm going to stay away from JVM.50 Beta until it's more stable.

Last edited by warlord9159; 01/13/2011 at 03:30 PM.

i try post from OM5 on Palm Pre.
    settings: small fonts, connection http
    don't freeze after loading page and show font in page
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by k3dar; 01/14/2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: add screenshot of OM5 from OM5 :)
    Looks good, and charge that battery

Is there a chance a stable version of Opera 4 or 5 can be packaged like MPlayer?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    i try post from OM5 on Palm Pre.
    settings: small fonts, connection http
    don't freeze after loading page and show font in page
    which version are you trying ,opera mini?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Is there a chance a stable version of Opera 4 or 5 can be packaged like MPlayer?
    I think no, because licence... technicaly maybe, because author of prejvm bundle with previous prejvm package installed some chinese IM jar application.
    Anyway from 0.5.0 is not necesary reinstall jar applikation, then you install prejvm, inside prejvm insttall jar, and after update prejvm to future version installed jar (Opera) still here with settings.

Quote Originally Posted by wzhbuduo View Post
    which version are you trying ,opera mini?
    latest english (international) from opera.com, opera-mini-5.1.2296-advanced-en
    http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-m...dvanced-en.jar

don't try install to StorageMemory, this is not work, and imediatlly after click to install go away, install to Phone Memory is OK (anyway booth is only folder in /media/internal/jvm...
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Looks good, and charge that battery
    yes... battery is problem with testing OM5 on Pre with 3G, outdoor with temperature 0 C. :-D (50%/h, ok.. with UberKernel ss 500/1000)
    How is this version of java different than that's already on the device with webOS 1.4.5? I know Palm is getting rid of it for v2.0, so it would be useful there.

FWIW, I don't really care about Opera Mini, but if it could be used for testing server based code (ex Spring framework) when the tablet/netbook comes out, then I might get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    hmm, me second answer to this.. for now i think that this is be posible
    i find clean way to do this, via metapackage that download OperaMini from opera.com and install it to prejvm automatic via package script, also uninstall is done automatic via package script, not need go to prejvm gui. Only that i not find is run OperaMini (or any another jar) via command line without run prejvm gui.. that is needed for create standalone icon for run OperaMini.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    In prejvm 0.5, when I click "Install Application" I get "Enter a website to Install from:". The Menu from this page has:

1) Qwerty (which is also triggered with SYM)
    2) Go to (which closes prejvm and does nothing else that I see)
    3) Storage (which changes the prompt at the top, and changes option 3 to HTTP)
    4) Save

If I click Storage, the prompt changes to "Enter a file path to install from:" and changes the Menu option 3) to "HTTP" and 2) to "Install".

I assume that I need to enter a file path to install from, but whether I put in "/media/internal' or 'file:////media/internal' it fails. With /media/internal I get a null pointer, with file://// I get no such file exists.

Any ideas?

--- Edit ---

Oh ya, forgot to mention that I'm not sure what storage to select, "Phone memory" or "Memory card 1"

--- Edit2 ---

Whoops, silly me, I don't have a memory card in the "Pre-"... duh.... I was scared to choose "Phone memory"....

Works! From "Enter a file" I give it "file:////" and it works.

--- Edit3 ---

Not that I expected it to work, but minecraft.jar errors with "cannot be installed because critical information is missing from the application file (.jad)"
    Doh!
    Last edited by Kaihmeyer; 01/25/2011 at 04:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    0.6 is out
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    0.6 doesn't work on my pre 2

does someone get it working on pre 2 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragone View Post
    0.6 doesn't work on my pre 2

does someone get it working on pre 2 ?
    look that not work on me Pre too (GSM, 1.4.5)
    if i run from commandline say is missed shared library

i send mail to Chomper with error message
    BTW: i working on opera mini ipk metapackage, for now do automatic download jar, install jar(or uninstall after uninstall metapackage), and run from Opera Mini icon without need go to preJVM GUI. This of course will be applicable to any jar file
    awesomeee

what are the changes?

BTW: i working on opera mini ipk metapackage, for now do automatic download jar, install jar(or uninstall after uninstall metapackage), and run from Opera Mini icon without need go to preJVM GUI. This of course will be applicable to any jar file
    this sounds outstanding, that way we'd be able to hide it and run in the background right?
    Last edited by fritos1406; 01/26/2011 at 08:48 PM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast