Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Thanks for the help, turns out I was directing to the wrong location. I didn't realize that the phone mounts to /media/internal/ when in usb mode, and had created /media/internal/ folders inside of that.
    The problem i have now is that it won't install because "critical information is missing from the application file (.jad)" but thats more an issue of trying to use a desktop java app
    any how to in english to easily do this?

EDIT: Got it working now

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Prejvm 0.4.0 seems stable to me so far, it works, i got Opera mini 4 working over Wifi and 3G. Opera mini 4.2 and 5.1 dosnt work and Opera mini 4.1 works but hangs alot. and Opera mini 4 is no longer available from Opera Download Server! but its avaiable on the Mobile apps sites. i attached a copy for who needs it.

1. Download it to your Palm Pre for example /media/internal/
    2. Go and open PreJvm.
    3. Click "Install Application" twice.
    4. Press "Sym" key on Palm Pre to enable QWERTY mode and being able to type.
    5. Type: file:////media/internal/opera-mini-4.0.jar
    6. Click on "Menu" and choose "Install"
    7. Cick yes and all goes fine.

P.S. 1: There is 2 Modes for installing apps in PreJvm, HTTP mode and STORAGE mode. you can switch between them any time from Menu under "Install Application' screen.

P.S. 2: A good Place to Download Java apps JAR files directly for Palm Pre is: ShareJar.com - Share your Mobile Java Software!

EDIT: Just Uploaded an English and Stable version of Opera mini 4
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by amjz; 01/04/2011 at 07:43 AM.
    I just successfully installed the application which consists of two files: .jad and .jar. It worked fine just once (after installation). Now when I launch the app, it returnes: "Error, empty record". Have no idea what could be wrong ?
    I think all you need to install is the .jar file
    remove the program and reinstall.

the .jad is is only info about the .jar i think
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Does anyone know if the location API works in the pre-JVM? I've tried a few midlets that use GPS and not gotten any to work right...
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-m...vanced-int.jar

Semi-working english Opera-Mini 4.0 (crashes frequently)
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    http://mini.opera.com/global/opera-m...vanced-int.jar

Semi-working english Opera-Mini 4.0 (crashes frequently)
    I would so love this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Guys.

I am not able to "press" "Install" which appears in the right bottom corner of JVM window. Which key sequence should I use? I have already tried enter, Sym, M, Orange - nothing works.

Thanks for help in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyrdenack View Post
    Guys.

I am not able to "press" "Install" which appears in the right bottom corner of JVM window. Which key sequence should I use? I have already tried enter, Sym, M, Orange - nothing works.

Thanks for help in advance.
    should u just be able to tap install?

now that the pre has a jvm all we need now is to add the jar file extension. Mimetype: application/java-archive so that we can possibly have prejvm as its default installer to open jar type files cant wait !
    Last edited by fritos1406; 01/04/2011 at 07:56 AM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    should u just be able to tap install?
    When I tap install the JVM window just disappears (closes).
    My phone is Palm Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    When I tap install the JVM window just disappears (closes).
    My phone is Palm Pre 2 with WebOS 2.0.
    make sure that the path is correct. begining with:
    file:////
    This has nothing to do with the path to the file. I can launch the installation of jar or jad file, but after it launches there are two "buttons": bottom left "cancel" and bottom right "install". After I tap "install" JVM window closes.
    This has nothing to do with the path to the file. I can launch the installation of jar or jad file, but after it launches there are two "buttons": bottom left "cancel" and bottom right "install". After I tap "install" JVM window closes.
    I'm sure the reason he mentioned it was because that is the behavior of JVM when there is an invalid path given.
    I can not agree because after giving the path and selecting Install from the menu, my jad file starts to install showing some progress and then the two bottom corner buttons show.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Prejvm 0.4.0 seems stable to me so far, it works, i got Opera mini 4 working over Wifi and 3G. Opera mini 4.2 and 5.1 dosnt work and Opera mini 4.1 works but hangs alot. and Opera mini 4 is no longer available from Opera Download Server! but its avaiable on the Mobile apps sites. i attached a copy for who needs it.

1. Download it to your Palm Pre for example /media/internal/
    2. Go and open PreJvm.
    3. Click "Install Application" twice.
    4. Press "Sym" key on Palm Pre to enable QWERTY mode and being able to type.
    5. Type: file:////media/internal/opera-mini-4.0.jar
    6. Click on "Menu" and choose "Install"
    7. Cick yes and all goes fine.

P.S. 1: There is 2 Modes for installing apps in PreJvm, HTTP mode and STORAGE mode. you can switch between them any time from Menu under "Install Application' screen.

P.S. 2: A good Place to Download Java apps JAR files directly for Palm Pre is: ShareJar.com - Share your Mobile Java Software!

EDIT: Just Uploaded an English and Stable version of Opera mini 4

Thanks, instructions worked, but after installing jvm I needed to change to storage mode. Then it worked.

But everytime I want to run OM, jvm wants to install again?? It installs and runs, its always a brand new install. All my settings are forgotten. Mildly annoying.

OM5 simply hangs on installation;

Thanks for all the support!
    try this: uninstall 0.4.0, install 0.3.0 and update to 0.4.0, restart
    We will be getting an update soon.

Version 0.5 will update a few days later, this version of the package will use the system font
    After many versions, mainly for localization, such as Chinese input method.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    0.5 is out
    post link please

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast