Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 222
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #61  
    It definitely sounds great but my non-existent computer knowledge prevents me from even attempting to install this. I will have to wait until it is no longer a beta (hopefully not too long) and will be available on PreWare. Hope you fellas with the tech know-how can get this to an easier set-up. Thanks
  2. tl12000's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #62  
    Hell yea, i feel lucky being one of the first few to get their hands on this. Im willing to thoroughly test with some of the old java midlets i had for my psp but the instructions are a bit weird.

    Supposedly there is a glibc-patch that i have to temper with on a terminal, or is it as simple and open the ipk and install?
  3. #63  
    As far as getting past "Accept" on Opera Mini install, seems the M for menu button always does the right-popup menu. Not so?

    I can't get it to install anything though. For file path to install from, I use "file:///media/install/filename.jar", and I know they're there, but it says "File not found in the path:..." :-/
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tl12000 View Post
    Hell yea, i feel lucky being one of the first few to get their hands on this. Im willing to thoroughly test with some of the old java midlets i had for my psp but the instructions are a bit weird.

    Supposedly there is a glibc-patch that i have to temper with on a terminal, or is it as simple and open the ipk and install?
    I was able to just install the ipk as others seem to say was good enough. Not so sure it worked completely though.

    But yeah, in the thread translation he mentions the glibc update, sounding like he wants us to overwrite the /lib path with the tar contents. Dunno if I'm okay with that without a proper back up first. Or at all.
  5.    #65  
    The latest beta version is 0.3.0 with touchscreen support, here is the link:

    http://www.treo8.com/bbs/thread-188022-1-1.html

    Chomper gives a valid method to install the glibc patch for WebOS 1.4.5 here:
    http://www.treo8.com/bbs/thread-187617-1-1.html

    I will translate his posts when I have enough time or you could use Google Translation instead.
  6. tl12000's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #66  
    maybe its

    file:////media/internal/install/

    i know that /media/internal/ is the file path to the 8gb storage memory but the folders in /media/ are part of the rom and cannot be accessed directly

    also, this is from the chinese site
  7. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #67  
    i just typed in
    media/internal/filename.jar
    without the file://
    and it works
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tl12000 View Post
    maybe its

    file:////media/internal/install/

    i know that /media/internal/ is the file path to the 8gb storage memory but the folders in /media/ are part of the rom and cannot be accessed directly

    also, this is from the chinese site
    Yeah... just noticed the my missing slash too. /duh
  9. #69  
    all you need is
    /media/internal/****.jar
  10. #70  
    I knew full well he couldn't have wired the mic in, but still... what a sight.

    *cough cough apispleasepalm cough*

  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by antijingoist View Post
    Can't get Mini5 beyond "no more space available"
    Mini 3 works well, but no settings/history save.
    Yeah, 5 failed install for lack of memory (?!). It runs after the fact but hangs while setting up cookies. As Warlord said, this may be expecting some input, but can't give it.

    Tried an old 4.something I had, but that just froze 2/3 through Install with no explanation. Might try 3... but then again I'm good with the WebKit browser.

    Edit: Oh, and it looked like an ancient JamDat Scrabble app worked cleanly. All of this is without replacing the /lib/ folder with his archive. (Apparently one of the fifty files in the tgz was corrupted so it was incomplete anyway.) Perhaps by extracting the newer glibc to /lib/ some of the issues would work out.
  12. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #72  
    i tried the glibc-patch file and prejvm crashed on attempting to install opera 4 and 5,

    edit: actually this may be because i messed with jvm, because it happened again after i reverted back to my old lib files. gonna try to uninstall and reinstall jvm
    Last edited by R_E; 12/30/2010 at 12:43 AM.
  13. #73  
    WOW you know you can rename your files
    Harry Potter And The Order Of Phoenix [N80 - E60 - E70] 352x416.jar
    thats a lot to type.

    Also, I don't thank you can share game here.

    Need to ask a Mod bout that.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  14. #74  
    **Note for all members**

    Please remember that it is against our Forum Guidelines to share illegal copies software, or links to such items.
  15. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #75  
    Tried to install Opera Mini 3 Advanced, but couldn't get past network setup (It froze at Testing 3%).

    So is there no touchscreen support?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    If you would go read the forums in the link I posted above, you would see he is greatly respected there.

    Like Jason stated. use @ your own risk.
    This is the case for all NON-App-catalog programs, patches and themes.
    The convention with open source projects is to release the code and not the binaries alone so that others can have an audit trail regarding whether or not the sources are tainted.

    I realize this might be a culture and language issue, but he's got to conform to that before he can earn trust of folks like me and others. He should use something like SourceForge for the changes and so that others can easily look at the changes he's made to it.

    With all of the shady stuff coming from China (I'm Chinese/American btw), there's no freak'n way I'd install this on my Pre. You're just asking for trouble.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by billhuey View Post
    The convention with open source projects is to release the code and not the binaries alone so that others can have an audit trail regarding whether or not the sources are tainted.

    I realize this might be a culture and language issue, but he's got to conform to that before he can earn trust of folks like me and others. He should use something like SourceForge for the changes and so that others can easily look at the changes he's made to it.

    With all of the shady stuff coming from China (I'm Chinese/American btw), there's no freak'n way I'd install this on my Pre. You're just asking for trouble.
    Yes, I understand your concerns and point noted.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Tried to install Opera Mini 3 Advanced, but couldn't get past network setup (It froze at Testing 3%).

    So is there no touchscreen support?
    Just keep quitting and launching it until it says everything is ok.
    I'm going to keep trying Opera5, just cause i like it so much I've been swapping my sim card into a cheapo phone just to use it. :P
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Tried to install Opera Mini 3 Advanced, but couldn't get past network setup (It froze at Testing 3%).

    So is there no touchscreen support?
    I download the Opera Mini 3 jar file from opera.com ( and it works fine. Really wish I could get a newer version running though...

    And no, touch didn't work...
  20. #80  
    are you using the latest beta JVM, because that one adds touch support, and that works with opera mini3. Opera 5 still being annoying.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions