Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 104
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    I wish i could use it for my texting one too
    Where there's a will, there's a patch in Preware that will allow you to customize ringtone noises and you can take the noise from this app and set it for that noise as well.

    I mean.. a way.
  2. karishbhr's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #62  
    The instapaper integration with this app has made this my go-to twitter client
  3. dot1ne's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #63  
    We just announced "Twitlonger" as an upcoming feature, here's the story:
    Twitlonger comes to webOS in Carbon stilo! Carbon/Blog

    Twitlonger will be supported in our next update v.1.1.2 in a few days...
    Twitter: @dot1ne
  4. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #64  
    I cant wait for the update!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  5. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #65  
    Carbon is just amazing, thank you for your development.

    This app is finally getting me off my duff to get 2 other twitter accounts. The main one I have, I made the username @FirstnameLastname, but it is real estate focused. Everyone that has followed me and that I have followed has been real estate related. I would like to change that username to a real estate related term.

    Questions if anyone knows:

    1. Will the people I have always followed and that have followed me still be in place after I change the username?
    2. After I rename the one account to a real estate related name, and it is no longer @FirstnameLastname, using a different email address, can I register @FirstnameLastname as soon as that name is no longer my username?

    Thanks for any help with my questions.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  6. dot1ne's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #66  
    Not sure about that, you can always ask @support in twitter, they're quite responsive...

    Back tot he topic.
    Twitter: @dot1ne
  7. #67  
    This app is coming along very nicely. A couple of questions/observations before it becomes my main twitter client.

    1. Are there known issues with notifications only working on one account when there are two or more accounts setup in Carbon?

    2. It seems when the default account is switched with another account, when the app is opened, it opens to the original account listed as default...

    Just wondering if others are seeing similar things. Maybe it is just me.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8. dot1ne's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #68  
    I wish you posted this on our support website: Welcome - Carbon webOS Support.

    To answer your questions.

    1.There has been reports on notifications working only for one account, we haven't been able to reproduce that so far, why don't you post your experience in details on our help site to get it resolved?

    2. That's the standard behavior for default account. Everytime you launch the app it's supposed to open up your default account. Or, are you referring to something else?
    Twitter: @dot1ne
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by dotone View Post
    I wish you posted this on our support website: Welcome - Carbon webOS Support.

    To answer your questions.

    1.There has been reports on notifications working only for one account, we haven't been able to reproduce that so far, why don't you post your experience in details on our help site to get it resolved?

    2. That's the standard behavior for default account. Everytime you launch the app it's supposed to open up your default account. Or, are you referring to something else?
    No problem. Wasn't aware that you had a support site. I looked some time ago, but not hard enough I guess.

    Glad to hear that the notifications issue is a known problem and not just me.

    What I was referring to regarding the default accounts is this:

    I setup @AccountA. I then setup @AccountB. If @AccountA was my default and I switch it to be @AccountB, upon reopening the app, @AccountA still opens by default instead of @AccountB which is what I was expecting.

    Make better sense?

    Thanks again for the wonderful app. I'll be sure to head over to your support site to check in there. Thanks.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10. dot1ne's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #70  
    Aw, that, it makes sense now

    It's not supposed to be working that way...that is a bug...
    Twitter: @dot1ne
  11. #71  
    Consider this a "twit" question for a non-tweeting (until now) Twitter user....

    Using Carbon, I want to send out a tweet. So I start composing my message. Then I have a link to include. How do I go about getting that link formatted to bit.ly? Is that done elsewhere or automatically if that is set in my options, etc...?

    I have messed around with what appears to be the "shortener" button when composing a tweet, but can't seem to figure out how to use it correctly.

    Any advice greatly be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Consider this a "twit" question for a non-tweeting (until now) Twitter user....

    Using Carbon, I want to send out a tweet. So I start composing my message. Then I have a link to include. How do I go about getting that link formatted to bit.ly? Is that done elsewhere or automatically if that is set in my options, etc...?

    I have messed around with what appears to be the "shortener" button when composing a tweet, but can't seem to figure out how to use it correctly.

    Any advice greatly be appreciated.

    Thanks!
    the shortner i think only works if your tweet is too long... i may be wrong though...

    goto prefs and change the shortner service
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    the shortner i think only works if your tweet is too long... i may be wrong though...

    goto prefs and change the shortner service
    Hmm. Well I have the shortner service set to bit.ly in the prefs. I guess I really don't care which is used. I could try the others.

    Thanks for the info. I'll keep messing around with it.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. dot1ne's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #74  
    Make sure your URL included HTTP in it in order for the shortener to recognize it...
    Twitter: @dot1ne
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by dotone View Post
    Make sure your URL included HTTP in it in order for the shortener to recognize it...
    I thought I did, but will go back and test. Thanks for the reply!

    EDIT: Okay I tried it with having the http:// in front of the rest of the url. It didn't do anything. I also tried by tapping the url shortener button before sending the tweet, it didn't shorten it. What am I missing/doing wrong/not understanding...?

    On a side note: I am really looking forward to the multiple account notifications fix in the next release! That is pretty soon, right?
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/23/2011 at 12:06 PM.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  16. dot1ne's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #76  
    Sure, it's on the way
    Twitter: @dot1ne
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by dotone View Post
    Sure, it's on the way
    Haha what happened to the tweet about pretty soon, the updates are going to start really pouring in, so watch out.. Wish you'd at least release a bug fix version rather than waiting and waiting for all these new features to be complete.. I found the app not even usable right now with all the duplicates and signature error messages and went back to Bad Kitty, even though I'd rather use your app if it worked like it should
  18. dot1ne's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #78  
    As you're aware of we hit some walls :'( and lots of changes in the way we work and the team expansion and all added to that. We're on it though, sorry for the inconvenience with all the bugs that were supposed to be addressed in 1.1.2 that we did not release and instead geared it for 1.2.0 that is due in the coming days...Things are back to normal and we're back to our normal programme
    Twitter: @dot1ne
  19. dot1ne's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #79  
    Two problems, that are show stoppers, we did not expect to face them. 1. HP Pays with Paypal and in our part of the world Paypal withdrawals could only be made using Credit Cards or Debit Cards, so no Bank Transfer to our Company. 2. Since there is no Tax or VAT in Dubai(yes, no income/revenue tax in Dubai) we're mixed on our App Submission which we'll be discussing with the Dev Relations at Palm.

    Show stoppers as you see, it's nothing more painful that seeing our friends aksing us, so what happened to your launch and have no answer. It's nothing that is going to stop us, but a bump on the road.

    We're really open and you can always e-mail me and you have DMed me all the way so, if you have any concerns you know that we're just a tweet away.

    I know how disappointing this is, just real unexpected surprises though, and we'll fix'em, we're in contact with Paypal and soon will approach the Palm guys for consulting as well, so let's hope it all goes smoother from here.

    Thanks for your patience, I really appreciate that and value it big time.
    Twitter: @dot1ne
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by dotone View Post
    Two problems, that are show stoppers, we did not expect to face them. 1. HP Pays with Paypal and in our part of the world Paypal withdrawals could only be made using Credit Cards or Debit Cards, so no Bank Transfer to our Company. 2. Since there is no Tax or VAT in Dubai(yes, no income/revenue tax in Dubai) we're mixed on our App Submission which we'll be discussing with the Dev Relations at Palm.

    Show stoppers as you see, it's nothing more painful that seeing our friends aksing us, so what happened to your launch and have no answer. It's nothing that is going to stop us, but a bump on the road.

    We're really open and you can always e-mail me and you have DMed me all the way so, if you have any concerns you know that we're just a tweet away.

    I know how disappointing this is, just real unexpected surprises though, and we'll fix'em, we're in contact with Paypal and soon will approach the Palm guys for consulting as well, so let's hope it all goes smoother from here.

    Thanks for your patience, I really appreciate that and value it big time.
    That sucks Real sorry to hear you ran into that.. You're totally off the hook.. Thanks for the explanation.. just thought you guys were putting it off farther again haha. Here's to hoping you get everything sorted out soon, still waiting anxiously.. Best of luck to you!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions