Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    Make that times two - and it kills the battery. Got a solution on this?
    Well, my solution was to use Bad Kitty.
    Tweed is probably my least favorite Twitter client out of the many I've tried... but I really wish that this (and others) would do like Tweed does and allow you to tap directly on a link / username and have it open from the Timeline itself. I know you can do this once you load up the Tweet but it'd save a tap doing it that way.

Similarly, if I tap on an avatar, I think it should go directly to a larger version of the avatar.

If I turn off type to tweet, it should default to type to search.

I've noticed that there's no landscape mode, though that doesn't bother me.

Edit: Also, a few other ideas that I've thought would be nice for a while. Auto-lengthen the URLs when viewing Tweets, so I can see where I'm going to be sent. Auto-shorten the URL once I hit space after one.

The background that fades in when using the app menu is nice, but it does seem to slow the drawing of the menu down a little.

Hash cards don't seem to obey the font size rules either.

And lastly, the ability to turn off the audio sound when you get a notification (vibrate only?) would be nice.

Oh, and this message sounds real negative, but I'm very impressed with this one so far. With a little more work it could definitely be my client of choice.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/01/2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yea - fine - I use Twee, but I like giving betas a try and want to cheer on developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, my solution was to use Bad Kitty.
    Don't want to hijack this thread too much, but carbon looks really nice and I'd like to use it.

However, like ALL other twitter apps since October, it simply won't retrieve any timelines for me. I'm baffled - I have even tinkered around with my own twitter API calls and had no luck. All the apps give me 400 errors with no description in the headers. Definitely definitely not a rate limit issue, of that I am 100% certain. And the dates all lok fine.

If anybody has any ideas I'd appreciate it as the few bits of carbon that work (searches work) look really nice.
    I used to use TweetMe but now I use phnx. It's has less functionality, but it's beautiful and simple. Plus it doesn't look to cluttered and it doesn't freeze all the time.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Hey guys, we just posted a new update that fixes the nasty Notification/Background Update bug, it's been submitted to Palm Beta Feed, so you should have any minute...

It's just a beta build, we expect to have more bugs as we go. Do let us know, and we'll fix'em. That's the purpose of Beta releases right? To get it right for you...
    Twitter: @dot1ne
    Any chance it addresses the issue of not remembering where you were last upon closing and re-opening the app? Sorta defeats the purpose of "go to last new tweet" or "first new tweet" options when they don't work outside of app being closed..
    Thanks!
    is there a new link needed to get the update? The text link I got th.is morning now returns an error instead of installing
    i was having a problem with 1.1. My phone became sluggish and would not let me scroll through my launch screens. i deleted to see if the issues cleared up and they did but now i cannot re-install because the link that was texted to me seems to be no longer valid and the link earlier in this thread is returning a non-valid ap. is this temperary?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    yea I'm having problems getting the app all together. Tell me to try again later . . sup with that ??
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    yea I'm having problems getting the app all together. Tell me to try again later . . sup with that ??
    To repeat just a few posts back:

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It sometimes takes a little while after it appears in the feeds to be downloadable to everyone, I assume due to the server configuration and caching or something like that.
    I don't get why people are surprised, this isn't new, and people notice it with every popular app.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Any chance it addresses the issue of not remembering where you were last upon closing and re-opening the app? Sorta defeats the purpose of "go to last new tweet" or "first new tweet" options when they don't work outside of app being closed..
    Thanks!
    I absolutely hate this glitch!! Makes me want to switch back to twee because of it. Hope it gets fixed soon.
    +1 very nice app!!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Thanks!
    This is my major complaint with the current build as well.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Just wish the dev would at least acknowledge it.. been trying to talk to him about it since yesterday but he always ignores my tweets..
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that, we're not ignoring anyone, it's really a big number of Comments, Messages and Tweets that we're trying to answer right now.

As for remembering the position of the last tweet viewed on the timeline, we've mentioned this at least 10 times on our Twitter timeline. We are going to make this configurable in our next coming updates.

Please guys, we're really short on time as we're heavily working on the app, if you have any questions make sure you check out our Twitter stream @CarbonWebOS before goin' blue on it, cool?

Our support website is coming along nicely, so soon you'll be able to send us all the bugs and feedback there where we can answer them and discuss them in an orderly manner.

Sorry for that guys, we didn't expect such a big presence and this big of a number for downloads and users this early.
    I just got an update in the app catalog . 1.0.11
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    We just pushed another update; v.1.1.0 make sure you get it from: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Post your feedback, bugs, and suggestions to: Welcome - Carbon webOS Support
    Hit us on Twitter: @CarbonWebOS
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I really love the notification noise
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I wish i could use it for my texting one too
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast