1.    #1  
    Hi,

Just got a new Sprint pre today, mine was from Sept 2009 and was just dying. I now need to get back into getting my patches back on new pre. I have a Macbook and run MacOS. I installed WOQI and WebOS Doctor, but do i need novacom? i also did the devmode command on my phone...Am I close to being able to run my patches?

Thanks in advance
  2.    #2  
    Any suggestions to my dilemma?
    Yes you are. There is a standalone preware installer you can use. The first post was and accident I was reading post and I guess I hit the button when I was putting it in my pocket.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    From my experience on my macbook (and a PC for that matter), I did need to have novacom installed and running for WOQI to work. I don't know about a stand-alone Preware installer. You will need to have Java 1.6 installed. It is available as an update from Apple (although, they want to deprecate it) for intel macs, which I assume you have, as you have a macbook rather than a powerbook.

Once I had Novacom up and running with WOQI, everything basically just worked. I don't do most patches, just installs, but the requirements for your computer should be the same.
    if you have a Palm Pre 2, then go here -> Easy Preware Install on your Pre 2 -> post 98. (Can't provide a link, sorry, because i don't have 10 posts. STUPID rules)
  6.    #6  
    Do you know how to find novacom ? I cannot find the link or a way to do it. the instructions i am finding are saying "now download novacom for windows" once you are done with that....etc, etc? Did you find a link on precentral for novacom?
    I think if I get that, i can get WOQI running
    Novacom usually installs with the WebOS SDK, which is available free.
    Install the updated novacom drivers from the WebOS Doctor if on Windows or Mac. If on Linux you need early access to get them.

-- Rod
    I keep trying to install the Novacom drivers on my OSX 10.6 system, using both WebOS Doctor and WebOS QI, and it keeps failing - i just get a message saying that installation has failed and not offering me any help.

Any ideas?
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!