1.    #1  
    Hello,

does anybody know when Enyo will come? I've seen that you can subscribe to "WebOS Developer Beta" on Palm's homepage. Suppose this also includes Enyo ?! But this is only for those who have already provided at least one piece of software to the app store, so obviously not for me ;-)
    I'm still very new to Mojo and the whole development with JavaScript, CSS, HTML and Mojo. So I wonder if makes sense to get into Mojo, or better focus on JavaScript and the other techniques and just wait for Enyo to come?!

And, second, if I write something using Mojo, will this still be running on WebOS2.0 devices ?

thanks and have a nice day...

Thorsten
    Enyo is comming out sometime between today and the very first day that new devices hit shelves. Nobody really knows when that actually is though.

The webOS Developer Beta thing is only for a half-done SDK of webOS 2.0.

Yeah Mojo apps will still be running in 2.0. It won't be phased out for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by thorsten23 View Post
    I'm still very new to Mojo and the whole development with JavaScript, CSS, HTML and Mojo. So I wonder if makes sense to get into Mojo, or better focus on JavaScript and the other techniques and just wait for Enyo to come?!

And, second, if I write something using Mojo, will this still be running on WebOS2.0 devices ?

Thorsten
    Since you indicate that you have some learning to do on all facets, I would concentrate on Javascript, HTML & CSS (make some web apps). My impression is that Enyo will be a much simpler framework, so it may be worth waiting a bit for it to appear.

Palm have undertaken to include the Mojo framework for at least 12 months. (which seems a very short time to me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by thorsten23 View Post
    Hello,

does anybody know when Enyo will come? I've seen that you can subscribe to "WebOS Developer Beta" on Palm's homepage. Suppose this also includes Enyo ?! But this is only for those who have already provided at least one piece of software to the app store, so obviously not for me ;-)

Thorsten
    At NYC Dev Day we were told that developers in the early-access program would get to start developing with Enyo at the start of 2011.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Since you indicate that you have some learning to do on all facets, I would concentrate on Javascript, HTML & CSS (make some web apps). My impression is that Enyo will be a much simpler framework, so it may be worth waiting a bit for it to appear.

Palm have undertaken to include the Mojo framework for at least 12 months. (which seems a very short time to me.)

All they said was Mojo would be supported for 12 months - so it could be Mojo stays in but no new bug fixes.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)