1.    #1  
    Hello,

I know that there are some descriptions out there about debugging webos and how much it is a pain in the ...
    But since most of those postings are older (like from 2009 or something) I'd like to rise this question once more: Is there any (preferable easy) way to debug webos applications using breakpoints and all that stuff in eclipse ?

Right now I'm using Mojo.log... to print out any info that might help find a bug and watch the output with the palm-log tool.
    It's working, but ...hm ..

regards,
    Thorsten
    There have been improvements for the debugging process. A good overview can be found here: Debugging webOS applications

But, I can't say myself since I don't use Eclipse for WebOS development myself.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    I just make heavy use of Mojo.Log.info
    Then I view the output in real time via the Windows Command Prompt.
    I wrote about it here...
    http://forums.precentral.net/2776731-post3.html
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    There have been improvements for the debugging process. A good overview can be found here:

But, I can't say myself since I don't use Eclipse for WebOS development myself.
    for curiousity sake, what do you develop with?
    You can point the Ares debugger at the emulator. Don't laugh, it actually works pretty well. Not perfect, but really pretty good.
    Ares is an option, even if you are not developing with it. Just upload your zipped project.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrobbie View Post
    for curiousity sake, what do you develop with?
    Notepad++ My debugging is also largely palm-log. Sometimes, I'll upload to Ares and run JSLint on the code.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    don't forget about the ares debugger. View script & set breakpoints for ANY app on your phone = good debugging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post
    don't forget about the ares debugger. View script & set breakpoints for ANY app on your phone = good debugging.
    Yes but Ares Debugger only works with the emulator. I wish it worked with a USB connected Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Yes but Ares Debugger only works with the emulator. I wish it worked with a USB connected Pre.
    Lies, lies, I say!

Palm - Ares - v8 Debugger

Works on my WebOS 2 developer Pre 2, and my WebOS 1.4.5 Sprint Pre.

Just make sure that you don't have the emulator running. Same as calling palm-launch without specifying the device.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post
    Lies, lies, I say!
    LOL !!! Ok, I'll have to give it another try
  12.    #12  
    Hi Folks,

thanks for all your replys. I also ended up with using Mojo.Log.Info. It's not perfect, but you can get used to it. And I also give Ares one more try ;-)

have a nice day and happy christmas
    Thorsten