1.    #1  
    ***EDIT/UPDATE****
    Found the app i was trying to install on Preware.... 4x4 Icons, thanks anyways guys/gals!

---Original Post-----
    I'm having a little trouble installing my first patch to get more icons in a row on my palm pre. I'm dialed into root using the following commands via command prompt (not using putty due to tech difficulties... see bottum of post):

cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin
    novacom -t open tty://

So i'm at the root and attempting to download a file "quilt-bootstrap.sh" using the following procedures listed @ "Applying Patches - WebOS Internals" - "Setup Procedure (Scripted)", but when i type in the following:

cd /tmp
    wget http: //gitorious.org/webos-internals/bootstrap/blobs/raw/master/quilt-bootstrap.sh
    ***NOTE: Put a space between http: and the rest of the link so i could post***
    I get msg:

"Connecting to gitorious org <87.238.52.168:80>"
    "wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found"

I'm guessing the page isn't avail, so i've tried a few other links i could find using google by searching the file name "quilt-bootstrap.sh" but none of them work. Could anyone provide me w/ the file or link that i need to continue w/ this extremely difficult (for me) procedure and what I would have to do w/ the file if i can get just the file?

I've been at it for a few days.... had to bypass putty procedures because I never get the Username/Passwod and just get "Host Does Not Exist" when using my WAN IP or my regular IP of my Pre when using Wi-Fi. Please help me out guys/gals, I just wanna tweek out my Pre!
    Last edited by deadmist; 12/12/2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    the webos internals website is a great place to visit if you ever get in trouble.
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

also, why don't you just use preware to install the patches you need? It is MUCH easier than using the terminal.
    Please search for "Howto Homebrew" and install preware.
    Or even better download the app from app catalog: ""Preware Homebrew Documentation"
    This is the best way to install patches/apps and more.

To use putty you need to install, and configure OpenSSH which can be done also using preware.
    Last edited by somline; 12/12/2010 at 11:49 AM.
  4. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quilt is the old method, go with Preware or WebOS Quick Install. They are much easier and you have 99% less chance of borking your phone.
  5.    #5  
    ***EDIT**** Found a 4x4 Icon app on preware, never mind! Thank you guys/gals anyways.
    Last edited by deadmist; 12/12/2010 at 08:48 PM.
    Holy crap. Quilt goes about a year back when patching was at its roots (literally). I was wondering why anyone would go back to it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.