webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > export all contacts (application)
export all contacts (application)

Old 12/02/2010, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

I created this app after reading the article on the front page, this app opens the cellbrite export app, no need to type ##66623# in the phone app, and it then attaches the file to an email, no need to use USB to PC

http://abesapps.com/apps/com.abesapps.exportcontacts_1.0.0_all.ipk

Last edited by abegee; 12/15/2010 at 11:49 AM.
abegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Many Thanks! Last month my release-day Pre's touchscreen quit and I had to get a replacement phone. To my horror I discovered my contacts were only partially restored, despite the fact that a backup had just been done. I spent 2 days with support and tried several different contact databases (yes, apparently they store more than one). I finally had to give up. Lost many contacts and important support notes I had stored along with phone numbers, etc. My enthusiasm for the Pre diminished a lot.

This tip and App gives new hope with a backup I can control and store!
tommyt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

bump
Old 12/02/2010, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

This is a nice idea. Have you submitted it for the app catalog?
reidme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

haven't submitted yet, will do when I get a chance
Old 12/15/2010, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

The link is not valid. Can you post the ipk in a zip here please?

Browser Mega Mix|Email Mega Mix|Additional Sync Days|
Disable Various Phone Sounds|Priority Discard Buttons|
mamouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2010, 11:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Too late now, but you may want to look into Chapura Pocket Mirror. It's not cheap and it links to M$ Office, but it's WiFi sync works and everything's local and in your hands.
GrandPubah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2010, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

http://abesapps.co.cc/apps/com.abesa..._1.0.0_all.ipk
Old 01/04/2011, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Too late, because thanks for this aplication.
hgs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2011, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Very helpful tool. Makes it easy to export all contacts. If you polish it a little bit, a lot of people would download it from the app catalog, I guess.

Thank you very much

Bjoern

p.s. I used it to merge my Facebook contacts with my Google contacts and it worked great.
supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2011, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Abegee, I appreciate your writing this app. I'm wondering if you have any suggestions, if, while running the cellbrite export, I get an Error "Could not create temporary file!:
{"errorCode":
"ErrorGenericMethodException",
"errorText": "Service Method
Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException:}

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
pinkshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2011, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkshrink View Post
Abegee, I appreciate your writing this app. I'm wondering if you have any suggestions, if, while running the cellbrite export, I get an Error "Could not create temporary file!:
{"errorCode":
"ErrorGenericMethodException",
"errorText": "Service Method
Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException:}

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry to bring this back from the dead - does anyone know how to fix this? I have the same problem. It happens when I manually type in ##66623# and the patch for send all contacts via email doesn't work either - it hangs at the "preparing contacts" screen and never finishes.

Last edited by Unclevanya; 11/16/2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Typo - happesn isn't a word!
UncleVanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2011, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

you could just load the patch . Email all contacts . Which just puts an option in the email preferences . Which is a little easier than downloading another app. I think its easier anyways .
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2011, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
...and the patch for send all contacts via email doesn't work either - it hangs at the "preparing contacts" screen and never finishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
you could just load the patch . Email all contacts . Which just puts an option in the email preferences . Which is a little easier than downloading another app. I think its easier anyways .
Is that the patch I mentioned above or is there another one?
I contacted the original developer of the patch - he's moved on to Android - he suggested taking the phone to Verizon and hoping that they could extract the data and move it.

EDIT: My thinking is that these use similar methods and that the patch hanging is just because some error condition isn't checked and so since the Cellbrite Export gives an error (listed above) this may be a geniune clue about what is wrong so that it can be fixed and I can use the patch without it hanging. Unable to create temp file is suggestive... I wonder if an old version of the file is hung or if there is a space issue.

Last edited by Unclevanya; 11/16/2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11/16/2011, 02:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Space may be the issue. I ran terminal and checked and I see the following file systems are very full:

rootfs (/) 95%

How can I identify and remove items from the rootfs to see if this helps?
Old 11/16/2011, 02:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

I would do a few things . Open email and go into all trash folders and delete trash . Open messaging and delete any long standing convos you don't need . Open web browser and preferences delete history , cache , and cookies . That's a start . Then I would run EPR patch on your phone and reinstall all patches . This may help . Then just install and try that patch .
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Old 11/16/2011, 05:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
I would do a few things . Open email and go into all trash folders and delete trash . Open messaging and delete any long standing convos you don't need . Open web browser and preferences delete history , cache , and cookies . That's a start . Then I would run EPR patch on your phone and reinstall all patches . This may help . Then just install and try that patch .
None of that helped - but I did skip the EPR part. I had already removed my AV8b kernel and patch and reinstalled patch without any benefit so I stopped there. I wish I knew exactly where and what file the cellbrite export creates - that would be helpful.

One item of interest - none of these steps added filesystem space. In fact doing this may have resulted in less space - the logs mount went from 20% used to 22% used. LOL
Old 11/17/2011, 09:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

Log data:

##66623# / Cellbrite gives this error:

[2011-11-16 22:24:06] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.monad: Error: main.createFile() error: {"errorCode": "ErrorGenericMethodException", "errorText": "Service Method Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"}, palmInitFramework347:2527

Patch (Send all contacts via email) gives this error:

[2011-11-16 22:25:40] (rdxd) user.notice: Creating report for Java Exception : com.palm.contacts.ContactsAssociateHasher : java.lang.NullPointerException

Anyone have other ideas? My free space is now 8% on Rootfs vs. 5% before. No change in behavior.
Old 12/13/2011, 11:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

I read on a similar thread that the export can hang up when it gets to "linked" contacts. Linked contacts I believe are a WebOS thing only. You may try unlinking any double contacts and retrying.
ChrisRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2011, 11:54 AM   #20 (permalink)

well last thing I can think of is to delete back by turning it off . Then turn it back on and then back it up . You may have a corrupted back up . If not an epr is the next to last thing to try next to the webOS doctor. Hope it works out for you .

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0