1.    #1  
    Is there a way to set a default icon for a website so that when someone uses the Add To Launcher it uses the specified image as the icon instead of an image of the current page?
    As the webmaster, no. While the iPhone/iPod touch uses the apple-touch-icon.png to allow this, it doesn't work with the Pre or Pixi browsers.

The only thing I could suggest, although I haven't personally tried it, is to create a hidden <div> with the logo you want that will only be seen in the appropriate CSS stylesheet.

Something like this:

@media only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) {
    .mobilelogo {
    visibility:visible;
    }
    }

Keep in mind that the .mobilelogo will be displayed on mobile devices too. But, it does allow for the icon to be better selected by the user.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    I just uploaded a sample of what I'm talking about here: Richard Neff

If you view it on the PC, no icon appears. If you view it on the Pre, you should see an icon. (I could do a much better job positioning it so it looks good, but I just wanted to show an example.)

The icon has to be pretty big (mine was 125px square and it's still a bit small to try to create an icon from the WebOS browser.) Also note that the larger icon in the default bookmark screen also is different than on the bookmark list or icon in the launcher.

The CSS code:

In the main CSS:
    Code:
    .mobilelogo {
    	margin-left: -100px;
    	visibility: hidden;
    	margin-top: -125px; /*This should the the height of the icon to take it out of the "flow" */
    }
    In the mobile CSS:
    Code:
    .mobilelogo {
    	margin: 0px;
    	padding: 0px;
    	visibility: visible;
    }
    Last edited by RickNeff; 11/30/2010 at 12:01 AM.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa