1.    #1  
    One of the reasons the ipad is successful is because there are ipad specific apps that are better than an over-sized iphone app. I'm not sure if palm/hp can get devs to make quality apps for their tablet. Thoughts?
    yes they will make apps for all of the new devices.
  3.    #3  
    there's nothing to entice them since its going to be a bare market...even the catalog is missing so many things
    let me check my crystal ball and i'll get back to you
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I think that making apps that look good on small and large devices would be significantly easier with Palm's new Enyo framework coming out next year.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I think that making apps that look good on small and large devices would be significantly easier with Palm's new Enyo framework coming out next year.
    Agreed, that's really the whole purpose of Enyo, to allow Devs to make apps which scale different device sizes; from phones, to tablets, to whatever else HP has planned for webOS.

Enyo face iPad!!! BooYa!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I can see hp making another hot apps program...

The originals helped alot. The amount of new apps have slowed ever-since the program got canceled.

I think at ces of next year, they'll announce an even bigger one.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I can see hp making another hot apps program...

The originals helped alot. The amount of new apps have slowed ever-since the program got canceled.

I think at ces of next year, they'll announce an even bigger one.
    I bet you're right. Another good idea would be to have a webOS 2.0 apps contest. Any apps that used webOS 2.0 specific features would be eligible.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I bet you're right. Another good idea would be to have a webOS 2.0 apps contest. Any apps that used webOS 2.0 specific features would be eligible.
    Let's hope something like that is on the cards.
    More important than app contest is getting units into consumers hands. Whether or not devs make apps for the PalmPad will mostly depend on wether or not HP an deliver a device that a lot of people want to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    As far as the scaling goes, wasn't webOS already supposed to do the scaling wonderfully already?
    It's not just a matter of scaling, it's a matter of presenting different views for different form factors. Even if scaling worked seamlessly (which it doesn't), you wouldn't want to simply scale apps to fit the larger form factor of a tablet. You want to be able to seamlessly present different views depending upon what type of device is being used. See Palm's Enyo video (on YouTube) demonstrating a prototype email app that re-formats automatically from a "phone" view to a "tablet" view.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    This holiday season, the iPad will be available at Sams, Target, and WalMart so it's not as if retail channels are going to be an advantage for HP.
    webOS will be the advantage, HP's retail experience will just put Palm on the same playing field.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    At developer day, I think Phil said HP had 10% or so of electronic shelf space. If true, that would be way more than Apple anywhere. This is probably key to their strategy with tablets.
    I hope they put that shelf space to good use. HP can sell PalmPads literally anywhere if they choose to do so, which I think they really would want to do seeing how iPads are selling. I think a webOS tablet will look just as good as an iOS tablet, and enyo will help webOS apps look good on your phone and tablet.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Sorry to diverge, but is HP's webOS Tablet really going to be called the "PalmPad"?! It's like they want to be Apple or something. Too bad Samsung coined "Tab". I think "PalmTab" sounds pretty cool. Oh, well...