1.    #1  
    hey guys, I've spent 8 hours trying to learn how to build an app and let me say, I give you guys credit cause i give up. hahaha. i remember why i dropped out of programming class in grade 9.

I've made website with templates before (simple ones) but that was with dreamweaver and i didn't have to touch any code at all, i could edit and upload very easy. So my question is, where do I get templates for Ares that i can just edit it and make it my own app for practice?
    Unfortunately, that's really Web development. Dreamweaver is a pretty major shortcut.

I'm not aware of any templates for Ares. (But, I could be wrong.)
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  3.    #3  
    I'm really new to all this stuff, I had some good idea's for some soundboards that are easy and could jump start my learning for other apps,

I thought OPEN SOURCE meant you can just take the code and put it in ares and start switching stuff around and make it your own app and develop it more. Giving credit where it's needed ofcourse.
    you basically have the right idea, but there's no GUI for doing all of this. you need to know how to code . I would start with HTML first, then move on to CSS, and then Javascript. After that you should be set.

To learn, I'd recommend visiting w3schools.com, and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

Also, don't expect to look at some tutorials and be ready to code by dinner. This stuff takes time .

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I'm really new to all this stuff, I had some good idea's for some soundboards that are easy and could jump start my learning for other apps,

I thought OPEN SOURCE meant you can just take the code and put it in ares and start switching stuff around and make it your own app and develop it more. Giving credit where it's needed ofcourse.
    If you make soundboards, MIND the copyrights. You must explicitly gain the rights to distribute an audio file, NO matter how short it may be.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  6.    #6  
    I would have permission but I'm pretty sure you are allowed to use clips under 15 seconds without paying royalties just on Radio Broadcasts.

I will look into it with the CRTC in canada