Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

im sorry if this is a repeated thread, but search doesn't seem to work very well for me

i am interested in developing for webOS, but I have near to no experience in programming, but I am keen to learn, so my question is, what is the best way to learn to develop a webOS app, i have downloaded the sdk, and started on the Hello World example, but that really doesn't teach very much.

also, is it best to learn html/css/javascript to use in the sdk, or c/c++ to use in the pdk.

what are the best materials to use, to learn to program for webOS, preferably free and online.

thanks in advance

Karl
    Hello,
    Take a look at the thread in this forum that is just a few spots down from this thread. That thread is entitled "new and not sure...". While you're in that thread you might want to click the links in the signature of user RickNeff. On a side note, avoid the PDK for now if you're a beginner.
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Hello,
    While you're in that thread you might want to click the links in the signature of user RickNeff.
    I'll reply just to have the sig links posted here.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Well, since you can't see the links, I'll have the full URLs.

The 'Start Here' post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2124126

And the tutorials on my site:
    http://www.net-tech-group.com/pre/
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help guys

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta