1.    #1  
    When I use Mojo.Environment.DeviceInfo.carrierName; to get the carrier name on my Pre 2 it returns the string "ROW"... My Pre Minus would return Sprint and I figured this should return AT&T...

Anyone else having this issue?
    rest of world?

you should call your carrier support number.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    My unlocked GSM Pre2 reads the same. I didn't get it form at&t, so why should it say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    When I use Mojo.Environment.DeviceInfo.carrierName; to get the carrier name on my Pre 2 it returns the string "ROW"... My Pre Minus would return Sprint and I figured this should return AT&T...

Anyone else having this issue?
    I guess that means the device is unlocked. Most of the ROM updates for the old treos would hold the name ROW for unlocked and the name of the Carrier if it was locked.

In the end, you are trying to read the "device information" not the network information.
    ROW is the expected value for an unlocked Pre 2 (UEU or UNA).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Telcel GSM also returns ROW

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg