Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Ok, so I need some help with porting over an iPhone app to WebOS. I am new to this realm, and this is what I have done so far. install the pdk, and download and install Kimodo with the WebOS plugin. I think my biggest issue so far is just figuring out what to start with the app that I have. Which files need to be opened up and edited, etc. The app itself is the fa53.com 2LT Signal Officer App that I am trying to get ported over. Any help would be great. I
    Are you the developer of the app? I think you can get in trouble for porting something that isn't yours. If you are the owner, then thank you for taking interest in WebOS. Unfortunately, I know nothing about porting apps.
    Go to developer.palm.com and make an account there. Then, go to this forum and ask your questions:

Forums webOS • View forum - C/C++ Programming with the webOS PDK
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    No, I am not the owner, however I have been in contact with the owner, and have been given full permission to port it to WebOS. His team is too small to spend the time porting this to WebOS. They are just focused on Android and iPhone.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Ok, I just registered. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by billfold View Post
    No, I am not the owner, however I have been in contact with the owner, and have been given full permission to port it to WebOS. His team is too small to spend the time porting this to WebOS. They are just focused on Android and iPhone.
    First, thanks for working on this. =)

Second, I would be *absolutely* sure that this "permission" as it were is covered in writing. Selling anothers product can carry some serious legal responsibility.

Some of the others may chime in but at the very least you would need a contract stating you are doing this with a Statement of Work specifying your responsibilities, liabilities, etc.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    There is no money involved, it's a free download on all platforms, and I have been in contact with the MAJ who is the OIC of this. Yes, I have all communications archived, so there are no legal issues at all. This app is done in service to all newly commissioned 2LT's who branched signal, such as myself. There are also plenty of other free apps for all soldiers to download. Everything is done on our own time. Thank you for your concerns though.