1.    #1  
    So im a newbee and was looking inside .ipk files to see how they work... some ipks have the .jsjsjs $files$ $open$ $and$ $readable$... $others$ $have$ $a$ $single$ $file$ $with$ $no$ $file$ $extension$. $typically$ $its$ $labeled$ $the$ $name$ $of$ $the$ $app$... $ive$ $seen$ $this$ $mainly$ $on$ $games$ $though$... $i$ $was$ $thinking$ $it$ $was$ $obfuscated$, $but$ $then$ $i$ $though$ $to$ $myself$ $its$ $more$ $of$ $a$ $compression$ $system$ $i$ $think$... $attached$ $is$ $an$ $example$ $of$ $the$ $inside$ $of$ $this$ $particular$ $type$ $of$ $ipk$. $The$ .$js$ $files$ $are$ $in$ $the$ &$quot$;$galcon$&$quot$; $file$ ... $any$ $input$ $on$ $how$ $to$ $take$ $a$ $peak$ $inside$ $that$ $file$?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kardashi View Post
    So im a newbee and was looking inside .ipk files to see how they work... some ipks have the .jsjsjs $files$ $open$ $and$ $readable$... $others$ $have$ $a$ $single$ $file$ $with$ $no$ $file$ $extension$. $typically$ $its$ $labeled$ $the$ $name$ $of$ $the$ $app$... $ive$ $seen$ $this$ $mainly$ $on$ $games$ $though$... $i$ $was$ $thinking$ $it$ $was$ $obfuscated$, $but$ $then$ $i$ $though$ $to$ $myself$ $its$ $more$ $of$ $a$ $compression$ $system$ $i$ $think$... $attached$ $is$ $an$ $example$ $of$ $the$ $inside$ $of$ $this$ $particular$ $type$ $of$ $ipk$. $The$ .$js$ $files$ $are$ $in$ $the$ &$quot$;$galcon$&$quot$; $file$ ... $any$ $input$ $on$ $how$ $to$ $take$ $a$ $peak$ $inside$ $that$ $file$?
    That game is C/C++ and compiled (and no doubt closed source)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    That game is C/C++ and compiled (and no doubt closed source)
    but what is the file extension... it doesnt have one... what type of file is it?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    If it is a compiled C/C++ program then it is a binary executable. Compiled executables generally have no file extension in linux.