1.    #1  
    This is the only thing I want badly on webOS. When do you think this will happen or if at all?
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I hope so it is one of the things I used all the time on android. I done voice dialing, voice on google maps. Voice on anything I could.
  3.    #3  
    2.1.0?

I hope so.
    do either hp or palm have good enough software to do this?
    well, it needs to be accurate about what your saying too, so it's not just mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    well, it needs to be accurate about what your saying too, so it's not just mic.
    I agree. Everyone seems to believe that it is a simple case of "Speak and the microphone tells the computer what you spoke"

Anyways, I believe that HP will recognize the necessity of this exact feature and they will release it in a future OS update. I would love for it to be 2.0, but nobody knows for sure (it isn't in the Pre2, I don't think, but like Exhibition, it may come later). HP has the cash to flat out buy the source code and distribution rights to a high end recognition engine, and quite frankly, I hope they do.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    in the meantime, is there a capable 3rd party developer who could do something like this, and would do it for webos? Perhaps an app that remains open in the notification bar, waiting to hear a command?
  8.    #8  
    I would like an option for text to be read back to me by pressing a read me button or by using "just speak" and say read new emails or text message.
  9.    #9  
    in the meantime, is there a capable 3rd party developer who could do something like this, and would do it for webos? Perhaps an app that remains open in the notification bar, waiting to hear a command?

I would rather Palm just do it and keep it simple and the same throughout webOS.
    do either hp or palm have good enough software to do this?
    I'm sure they do, its just not a high priority right now as far as webOS updates
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I would rather Palm just do it and keep it simple and the same throughout webOS.
    me too, but I predict that it'll be some time
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I'm sure they do, its just not a high priority right now as far as webOS updates
    is it in any other hp products?
  13.    #13  
    I don't think they have had any products that needed "just speak"
    specifically, do any other of their products have voice recognition yada yada yada. From voice recognition, just speak would be simple to do.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    that'd be awesome. I would brag to my androidies
    Quote Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
    I would think so. All we really need is the mic api...
    Isn't the MIC API out? How does Zcorder work if there isn't a MIC API already?

This should be priority #1 for HP/Palm. If I had a clue about development I would be working on an app like there's no tomorrow. I would gladly spend $10 for this and I bet a lot of other people would. Someone should take a poll.
    it'll be in webos 2.0. I'm not under nda.

if it's not in webos 2.0...im leaving webos
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RamonaDave View Post
    Isn't the MIC API out? How does Zcorder work if there isn't a MIC API already?
    I'm curious to know this as well.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I'm curious to know this as well.
    ZCorder directly access the camera feed bypassing the systems Palm put in place.

That type of thing isn't App Catalog ready, and for good reason (in any webOS update or hardware revision, it could break, however unlikely it may be).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup