1.    #1  
    ----------
    You shouldn't be discussing any webOS 2.0 development items outside of the private early access forum due to the NDA we signed. Anyway you already posted it in there. I'm sure the Palm folks will answer it. I wouldn't expect an answer until Monday though since they're off on the weekends.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Curious why the NSA still applies when there are already 2.0 devices with more being released soon in UK. as long as it applies to something in that release Whig, stacks are.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Curious why the NSA still applies when there are already 2.0 devices with more being released soon in UK. as long as it applies to something in that release Whig, stacks are.
    We can talk about anything Palm has publicly disclosed. So in general, we can talk about Stacks. However his question was in regards to developing an app with webOS 2.0 specific features. Any discussion concerning developing with the webOS 2.0 SDK is off limits in public forums. I presume this is because the SDK has not been released publicly. I would imagine that as soon as they release it publicly, the NDA will be lifted.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    As far as I understand, if you sign an NDA,( I realize that was a typo, but we are talking NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT not NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY ) you are bound by it until told otherwise by who you signed it with. If you aren't aware of the policies, than you probably haven't signed the agreement. Being that the devices have not been released in North America, and they haven't (although you say soon to be released in the UK), they still are not released yet, and still fall under that policy. I'm sure it won't be too much longer, we're all used to waiting, so another week or two or four or however longer it really is going to be, isn't going to kill us
  6.    #7  
    yes but pre 2 is released in France...
    If you get the information from a released device, you can discuss it.

If you get the information from something that is under NDA, you can't discuss it.

The contents of the webOS 2.0 SDK is not yet public, so one must assume it is still under NDA, and therefore not able to be discussed.

Whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant - an NDA is a legal document, and you either sign it and agree to be bound by it, or don't sign it and don't get the information.

-- Rod
  8.    #9  
    Well, I wasn't talking about something found in the SDK 2.0, but the behavior of stacks in SFR pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Well, I wasn't talking about something found in the SDK 2.0, but the behavior of stacks in SFR pre 2
    No you were asking what in your code could be causing the behavior with Stacks that you observed. You were discussing webOS 2.0 development.

If you didn't post a code snippet and experienced some odd Stacks behavior while running apps on your Pre 2, then that would have been fine to discuss. However that type of discussion may be more appropriate in the "Pre 2" section of the forum.

Since you posted this in the "WebOS Development" section of the forum and not the "Pre 2" section, I'm sure you agree that your question was a development question. And so it shouldn't be discussed here if it relates to 2.0 specific features. The Palm private forum was set up specifically for those types of questions and you already posted the same question in there prior to even creating this thread.