1.    #1  
    I have an idea for an app.

I really think HP and Palm should make this an actual part of the app store, but that is out of our grasp obviously.

This should be an app in the store for it to work.

Basically, there are a lot of features in apps that don't come standard with with the Pre: BFG Maps adds street view, Offer Eye for image recognition, a lot of Contact apps.

I could see someone getting the Pre, and then being like "oh, it doesnt have Street View? I wanted street view" and returning it, not knowing that there is a free app for that.

So the app "I want to..." would basically be a meta tagged search where the person would type in after the words "I want to" what they want in a feature for the phone.

Example: I want to: "be able to see my Linked In info" and then it would direct them to the app "Linked In"

For features that are built into WebOS, it would say "this feature is already included in the phone" and then give instructions on how to do this"

Example: I want to: "use AOL chat", then the app would say "this is included in the messaging app, here is how you get it working.

For features that are available but only via homebrew, it would also state that.

Example: I want to: "Be able to record voice reminders", then the app would state "this is only available with a homebrew app Zcorder. To install it follow these instructions to install Preware.

I dont know how to code at this level so anyone please take this idea for free and run with it if you want.

This should be a free app though, I wouldnt expect people to have to pay for this. Maybe an ad or a donate button if you want to profit from it.
    this is an outstanding idea...
  3.    #3  
    If anyone wants to partner on this app idea please PM me.

I can do HTML and CSS, and I will go through the entire app catalog and come up with meta-tags for every useful app. (Im not going to tag ebooks)

So I will do the grunt work if someone is interested in coding the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    If anyone wants to partner on this app idea please PM me.

I can do HTML and CSS, and I will go through the entire app catalog and come up with meta-tags for every useful app. (Im not going to tag ebooks)

So I will do the grunt work if someone is interested in coding the app.
    A very nice and remarkable idea.

I would add the feature that the app will try to list all the installed apps and the user can add tags and meta-data. This can be uploaded to a common DB and processed to eliminate possible duplicates. Then, you can use this data to do the search. It would be better as the DB will be kept increasing by the effort of the users. No worries about any newly added apps.

Ohhhh! and rating can be included along reviews maybe .. just a thought.