1.    #1  
    Is it possible to access a local server on my computer using an ajax request on the emulator? What about on a device plugged into USB?

I know how to access remote pages now with ajax, but would like to develop a cloud type program on my local machine.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If you run a local server all you need is to access the ip address your computer has.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    If you run a local server all you need is to access the ip address your computer has.
    That would defeat the purpose of me running a "local" server. I want to keep everything local. i.e. develop offline.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared5755 View Post
    That would defeat the purpose of me running a "local" server. I want to keep everything local. i.e. develop offline.
    Then you can use probably use BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com or BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared5755 View Post
    mosdl wasn't saying your external IP, but rather your internal IP address.

As in:

you are on a router, and the following is your IP table (note, this is an exception):

your computer - 192.168.0.3
    your phone - 192.168.0.4
    your emulator - 10.0.0.10 (the emulator runs on in the 10.x block as it is handled by VirtualBox)

So, inside your emulator and phone you should be able to send a request to http://192.168.0.3
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    mosdl wasn't saying your external IP, but rather your internal IP address.

As in:

you are on a router, and the following is your IP table (note, this is an exception):

your computer - 192.168.0.3
    your phone - 192.168.0.4
    your emulator - 10.0.0.10 (the emulator runs on in the 10.x block as it is handled by VirtualBox)
    I see where the confusion is. I guess I didn't mean "local" as in on my network. I want to access the sever running on the same computer and not go through a router. On my computer I use localhost. That wouldn't work on the emulator though since it's a different OS.

Maybe this isn't possible.

Thanks for the help guys.