Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    During the Live Facebook Mobile Event (going on now), Zuckerberg was excited to say that their killer facebook app would be on all of the platforms... Rim, Android, iPhone, Windows and Mobile Web.

Umm... that's not ALL the platforms. Until they develop a WebOS 2.0 version, which they will sorely want four months from now, we're out in the cold...

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Palm develops the webOS app.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    They didn't leave us out in the cold, they just misspelled our name. You should tell them it's webOS, not mobile web. Who knows, maybe that phone there is a mockup of the lower-end webOS phone that is coming out next year.
    huh, mobile web just means the mobile version of the website.
    It's a bit odd that there was no mention. Only thoughts that come to mind are that the WebOS community is vastly smaller than the other platforms; Facebook corporate is not directly involved with the development of the Facebook for WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Palm develops the webOS app.

Correct, this is why webOS wasn't mentioned
    I love the webOS FB app, however it is lacking the places feature, and obviously the new enhancements that FB announced today. Seeing that Palm develops the FB app, should we make our voices heard & demand an update the way Sprint users demanded the Pre 2???

Nah, I think that would be going to far, since the FB app is excellent. However I would like these new features to be part of the webOS FB app.
    there are more samsung featurephones out there than webos ones.
    well, what else is new.

but for webOS to not get mentioned is pretty lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I love the webOS FB app, however it is lacking the places feature, and obviously the new enhancements that FB announced today. Seeing that Palm develops the FB app, should we make our voices heard & demand an update the way Sprint users demanded the Pre 2???

Nah, I think that would be going to far, since the FB app is excellent. However I would like these new features to be part of the webOS FB app.
    I'm sorry, but...who uses places?
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    I'm sorry, but...who uses places?
    It seems that he uses places...

-- Sent from my Palm %28Device%29 using Forums Beta
    Newness Developments apps:

I just read thought the presentation and it makes sense that they aren't building the webOS app. Alot of the backend stuff they are doing for Android iOS are inherent in the WebOS integration of Facebook. All we have to do is implement the location APIs and we'll have pull parity...
    I just looked at my Facebook page and looked for this "Places"....didn't find it. I typed it in the search bar and got some travel service, a musician and "I see Graffiti in some awkward places, and think how did they get there?" I'm going to venture a guess that all 3 of those have nothing to do with what you people are talking about. That makes me one of those that don't use whatever that is.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Places??
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Correct, this is why webOS wasn't mentioned
    RIM makes the Facebook app for Blackberry and they were still mentioned... I got irritated at the fact that they show a WP7 phone and yet NOT ONE is released yet(at least not in the US)... Grrr...
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Places??
    Facebook Places is their version of a Foursquare like program. It allows you to "check in" at different places just like Foursquare and other similar apps allow. The problem is I can't figure out how to do that. You have to go to touch.facebook.com in the browser and it takes you to the Facebook Places site. From there you are supposed to be able to "check in", but so far, all I get is a list of the recent places my friends have checked in from. It doesn't show any options that I can tap to allow me to check in. As best as I can tell from the FAQ, it says that if the option is not presented, then it isn't currently supported from the device accessing the site, but I do not have any confirmation as to whether it should work from webOS or not.
    "Places" should not work on webOS because it requires the browser having access to location services, which in 1.45 it does not. I think I read that 2.0 will add this feature, so "places" will work soon.
    Isn't the Facebook app getting some updates for webOS 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Isn't the Facebook app getting some updates for webOS 2.0?
    so far all I know, update-wise, is that its getting just-type goodness.
    anyone else care to add one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    Facebook Places is their version of a Foursquare like program. It allows you to "check in" at different places just like Foursquare and other similar apps allow. The problem is I can't figure out how to do that. You have to go to touch.facebook.com in the browser and it takes you to the Facebook Places site. From there you are supposed to be able to "check in", but so far, all I get is a list of the recent places my friends have checked in from. It doesn't show any options that I can tap to allow me to check in. As best as I can tell from the FAQ, it says that if the option is not presented, then it isn't currently supported from the device accessing the site, but I do not have any confirmation as to whether it should work from webOS or not.

Thank You, for clarifying. I guess the people above who did not know about places don't have any FB friends with iPhones or something. Many of my FB friends do, and I'm always seeing check-ins via places.

I get the same crap when I try to use places on touch.facebook.com. I also downloaded the Foursqaure app & linked it to my FB account, and to no avail, it doesn't even post my check-ins to FB. Oh well, hopefully it'll work in webOS 2.0.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast