Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I prefer Palm make the webOS app, because if you have never noticed, the apps for iPhone/Android get updated so RARELY that engadget actually posts about an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I prefer Palm make the webOS app, because if you have never noticed, the apps for iPhone/Android get updated so RARELY that engadget actually posts about an update.
    Amen to that.

Also, would you rather FB writes the app or your local OS team? I would think the local OS team knows more about specific what is going on (per OS) then the FB devs.... Granted FB devs may have some "back doors" - giggidy - that Palm doesn't know about... Android app is not as good as webOS app though, from what I have seen.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Thank You, for clarifying. I guess the people above who did not know about places don't have any FB friends with iPhones or something. Many of my FB friends do, and I'm always seeing check-ins via places.

I get the same crap when I try to use places on touch.facebook.com. I also downloaded the Foursqaure app & linked it to my FB account, and to no avail, it doesn't even post my check-ins to FB. Oh well, hopefully it'll work in webOS 2.0.

Foursquare works for me and posts right away to my FB account, so it is possible... you probably just have to adjust settings or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyckedankh View Post
    RIM makes the Facebook app for Blackberry and they were still mentioned... I got irritated at the fact that they show a WP7 phone and yet NOT ONE is released yet(at least not in the US)... Grrr...
    not to be mean but i think the real reason webos isn't mentioned is because they only sold, what 2.9 million phones and just announced a new phone to very zero buzz outside the established Palm community and the other platforms sold a lot more or in Windows 7 case are expected to sell a lot more.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    so far all I know, update-wise, is that its getting just-type goodness.
    anyone else care to add one?
    If I'm not mistaken, Palm is opening up Synergy to 3rd party developers. This could open the doors to Facebook chat, although I suppose Palm could have done it by now... since... you know, they aren't a third party developer.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    As long as they continue doing the excellent job they've been doing, I'd prefer the Palm team to continue developing the webOS facebook app. In my opinion, it's the best around and the way facebook is integrated in the OS is way ahead of Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Palm is opening up Synergy to 3rd party developers. This could open the doors to Facebook chat, although I suppose Palm could have done it by now... since... you know, they aren't a third party developer.
    oh fudge cakes! I forgot to mention that.
    with 2.0, and the the update for the fb app, synergy will connect your fb profile to the messaging application allowing you to I'm you fb buddies via your phone. isn't that awesome?
    I just hope they find a way to let me log out of separate accounts and not just all of them (yahoo, aim, soon-to-be-facebook) at the same time - coz that's mighty annoying x_x
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    As long as they continue doing the excellent job they've been doing, I'd prefer the Palm team to continue developing the webOS facebook app. In my opinion, it's the best around and the way facebook is integrated in the OS is way ahead of Android.
    IMHO with the addition to chat and some other key features (requests, inbox notifications, etc), thw webOS fb app will the best one out there. no doubt about it. iPhone is currently #1 and android is #3. we're in between.
    I say android is #3 because, honestly, have you used that thing? DX so many mobile links, redirection from hell. it's simply a useless app
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I also downloaded the Foursqaure app & linked it to my FB account, and to no avail, it doesn't even post my check-ins to FB. Oh well, hopefully it'll work in webOS 2.0.
    That means you don't have your FourSquare profile set up to update FB. It has nothing to do with the WebOS FourSquare app. Log into FourSquare.com, click Settings, and click Link to your Facebook Account.
    personally The last thing i want is people knowing where the hell i'm doing stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    personally The last thing i want is people knowing where the hell i'm doing stuff.
    More importantly, I don't want them to know where I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    More importantly, I don't want them to know where I'm not.
    yep, the other side of the coin.

could you see it, "Taharka checks into the Hustler club." man be the significant other would love to see that one.

And man thinking about it. I remember i went on a date once and we passed an adult store. The girl was like let's go in. Of course i'm like uh "Hells yeah." She's trying on sexy lingerie and i'm loving it. But could you imagine the perspective of someone else reading my facebook when it randomly posts "Blackmagic01 just check into Good Vibrations Adult Toys!" Great! And sure as hell couldn't go all Ferris Bueller and cut work and go to a Cubs game cause my darn facebook page would rat me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    yep, the other side of the coin.

could you see it, "Taharka checks into the Hustler club." man be the significant other would love to see that one.

And man thinking about it. I remember i went on a date once and we passed an adult store. The girl was like let's go in. Of course i'm like uh "Hells yeah." She's trying on sexy lingerie and i'm loving it. But could you imagine the perspective of someone else reading my facebook when it randomly posts "Blackmagic01 just check into Good Vibrations Adult Toys!" Great! And sure as hell couldn't go all Ferris Bueller and cut work and go to a Cubs game cause my darn facebook page would rat me out.
    ROFL. To be fair, I don't think it's "random". I think you'd have to actually click the check-in button. On a more serious note, there have been articles on criminals using things like foursquare to know when you're not home. There are some ways to protect against that sort of thing but I simply prefer not to even use it in the first place.

Bottom Line: Why would I care that Joe Schmuck is at Big Momma's Pizza Place on 123 Somewhere St.? And why would Joe care that I'm at Ms. Schmuck's house on the other side of town? Ok...maybe he'd care about that last part. LOL
    i see. well i haven't used it so i don't know. then again my phone randomly launches apps when it's in my pocket all the time when something hits the touch screen. my luck i'd click check in on accident, right at an embarassing time.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I;m getting a Pre Plus 2morrow or 2day (Friday) but Since Android Finally got the Places in the APP you need to go into the "Places" and it gives you a list of Near By locations.. I check In at school just for the hell of using the feature... If it did it randomly.. I wouldnt be using a Facebook APP

Oh and before that I used the touch.facebook version of Places and it was the same
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12