Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 514
Like Tree2Likes
  1. gutbomb's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Have you read this thread? That's been asked and answered a few times already.
    I didn't start the voogle app at all yesterday, yet I got the alert that the 173.203.49.225 accessed my account yesterday. If I didn't use the app, some process independent of my phone is accessing the account. Which would be impossible without my login and password.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by gutbomb View Post
    So does this mean my google username and password is saved as plaintext on your database server? That feels less than secure to me. Why can't the authentication be done from the app itself so my personal details aren't saved anywhere other than my phone and google? If your database becomes compromised then anyone using your app has their google accounts at risk. Not to mention the fact that at least you now have access to my password, and while you may be trustworthy, I have no idea.
    No... I don't even have a database of anyones anything... Nothing (as I've said before multiple times) is stored at all. Nothing that you do using Voogle is saved, logged or stored on my server. I don't have access to anyone's password or email.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by gutbomb View Post
    I didn't start the voogle app at all yesterday, yet I got the alert that the 173.203.49.225 accessed my account yesterday. If I didn't use the app, some process independent of my phone is accessing the account. Which would be impossible without my login and password.
    Your account is only accessed when you launch the app, nothing is running in the background. Which means it's impossible for my server to even connect to Google unless you launch the app and do something in Voogle.
  4.    #164  
    @gutbomb And also, authentication can't be done through the device because API limitations.
  5. DWEIL's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    @gutbomb And also, authentication can't be done through the device because API limitations.
    If I'm not mistaken, the original version of WebOS had an API that supported authentication, but then it was changed. I think this is maybe why gDialPro withered and died after an WebOS update several months back.

    I think I read where this issue may disappear with version 2 of WebOS, but I'm not a developer so I could be misinterpreting what I read.
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by DWEIL View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the original version of WebOS had an API that supported authentication, but then it was changed. I think this is maybe why gDialPro withered and died after an WebOS update several months back.

    I think I read where this issue may disappear with version 2 of WebOS, but I'm not a developer so I could be misinterpreting what I read.
    It's not that webOS doesn't have an API for authentication but Google doesn't like the "user-agent" and some other HTTP headers that webOS sends.
  7. #167  
    I must be missing something..
    When I try to log in i get incorrect email or password
    i use them same exact login and password on the mobile site and log in first try.
    I hav retyped i couple dozen times and cannot log in.
    I have rebooted
    any ideas?
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    It's not that webOS doesn't have an API for authentication but Google doesn't like the "user-agent" and some other HTTP headers that webOS sends.
    Is there any indication that Palm will be changing this? Or are they just content to let it be halfassed like so many other things they've dropped the ball on?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  9. ldudiaz's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    I must be missing something..
    When I try to log in i get incorrect email or password
    i use them same exact login and password on the mobile site and log in first try.
    I hav retyped i couple dozen times and cannot log in.
    I have rebooted
    any ideas?
    Try deleting the app and install it again. Let me know if that works
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    Try deleting the app and install it again. Let me know if that works
    nope still same issue
  11. ldudiaz's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    #171  
    I logged out and logged in again with no issue
  12. #172  
    Yeah It wont let me log in.
    I have logged in and out on the mobile site. so i know i can type my info correctly but even after multiple tries with voogle i get the same error. I do not have any special characters in my password just numbers and one capital letter and lower case letters.
    I reinstalled the app 2xs with multiple restarts.
  13. ldudiaz's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    #173  
    I wish I could help. Try to contact the developer and see
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    It's not that webOS doesn't have an API for authentication but Google doesn't like the "user-agent" and some other HTTP headers that webOS sends.
    Out of interest, what authentication does it use? Something other than ClientLogin/Authsub?
  15. #175  
    Hi Connor,

    Just a couple suggestions:

    On the less exciting side of things, I really would like to be able to type in a contacts name to find their number from the dial pad screen, rather than having to open up a contacts list first.

    Now here's what would be really cool: being able to set your forwarding preferences from the app, and not only that, but having those preferences automatically update based upon your gps location. If you were in the beta test pool for gdialpro, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If this could be done with some sort of integration with the mods switcher app, that would make it way cool.

    Also, if I could text to multiple phone numbers at the same time, that would be awesome.
    Last edited by amateurhack; 11/22/2010 at 07:32 AM.
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by semprance View Post
    Out of interest, what authentication does it use? Something other than ClientLogin/Authsub?
    It uses ClientLogin.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Hi Connor,

    Just a couple suggestions:

    On the less exciting side of things, I really would like to be able to type in a contacts name to find their number from the dial pad screen, rather than having to open up a contacts list first.

    Now here's what would be really cool: being able to set your forwarding preferences from the app, and not only that, but having those preferences automatically update based upon your gps location. If you were in the beta test pool for gdialpro, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If this could be done with some sort of integration with the mods switcher app, that would make it way cool.

    Also, if I could text to multiple phone numbers at the same time, that would be awesome.
    A few people have requested that I add a way to just start typing on the dial pad but there isn't an API yet for that.

    One of the next updates here will have a bunch of account settings added in the preferences.

    Multiple phone numbers for texting will probably be in the next update.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    I must be missing something..
    When I try to log in i get incorrect email or password
    i use them same exact login and password on the mobile site and log in first try.
    I hav retyped i couple dozen times and cannot log in.
    I have rebooted
    any ideas?
    • Make sure you have a Google Voice account associated with the email.
    • Make sure you're typing in the whole email, not just stuff before the @
    • Password is case-sensitive.
    • Email me at: connorlacombe@me.com if you need any help
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    It uses ClientLogin.
    I assume there is some sort of difference between ClientLogin in for GoogleVoice and the standard ClientLogin then? I say this because I use ClientLogin for my apps and do authorization from the device.

    What I mean is, it would be better to get the auth token using the device and send the token to the server, than to have to send the users details to the server and then get the auth token using the server.

    (Sorry, this is a little off-topic but I'm just interested in your experience with the various Google APIs).
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    Pretty suspect if you ask me, in terms of google logins. Phone stuff is routing through the analog phone system plus Google's IP network so take that as you will. Google alerted me, as my account was accessed from a UK IP (173.203.49.225, the IP of connorlacombe.com).

    Why? Can the app not exist independent of some web control hosted server side? Not trying to be accusatory or anything, just wondering why. I'd rather not have my google voice stuff proxied through some server 1/3 of the way around the planet from me, just from a performance standpoint.

    Love the app though! So happy to be able to ditch the gvoice web interface again.
    Same thing happened to me. I got an alert from Google today stating that I had an Unkown access from the United Kingdom (cloud-ips.com:173.203.49.225) Nov 19 (3 days ago)

    That is the same day that I purchased Voogle.
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions