Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    phillyeagles36,
    Voogle is essentially a dead app right now.
    It would have been nice to know this before I just bought the app a few weeks ago and found out that it does not work. Isn't it cheating to continue to sell an app that does not work? Isn't HP also a part of the fraud, since they are the one's collecting the moeny?
    Last edited by Sanjay; 07/15/2011 at 07:12 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Read the reviews before you buy please. Voogle has really bad ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It would have been nice to know this before I just bought the app a few weeks ago and found out that it does not work. Isn't it cheating to continue to sell an app that does not work? Isn't HP also a part of the fraud, since they are the one's collecting the moeny?
    Saying that "it doesn't work" doesn't help anyone without specifics.

Have you tried sending a support email to Connor? Or try him on Twitter? He's mentioned that he doesn't check these threads often.

He left his email address a couple of posts back.
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Saying that "it doesn't work" doesn't help anyone without specifics.

Have you tried sending a support email to Connor? Or try him on Twitter? He's mentioned that he doesn't check these threads often.
    The specifics are in this thread and it's not just one person, it's everyone! It's clear Connor read this thread enough to know everyone is having a problem. By not addressing it on his own thread and trying to take it offline signals there is no intention to fix anything. Not to mention more then one person on this thread have claimed to personally contact him through his email and Twitter without any response or fix.

It's not entirely his fault as I've posted before trying to make an app like this depends on Google and a Dev's commitment to fix broken bits when changes are made by Google.

All of this would be fine if the app was free but to continue to sell and charge people for broken app that you have no intention of supporting is ethically and morally wrong to say the least. And therein lies the frustration many people have on this thread.
  5.    #505  
    Just for the record Voogle is working fine for me. I won't be offering support through this forum but you can email me at connorlacombe@me.com or send a support ticket at Kandutech.zendesk.com
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Just for the record Voogle is working fine for me. I won't be offering support through this forum but you can email me at connorlacombe@me.com or send a support ticket at Kandutech.zendesk.com
    Connor,
    Wouldn't it be easier to provide support through a thread where people with the same problems can get an answer on how to fix it, rather then replying to everyone individually?!?

This doesn't make sense.

I have emailed Connor the following:

Connor,
    A major problem a lot of people are having is when we try to listen to a voice mail on Voogle, an error box pops up and it's not possible to play back any messages.

Attached are a few screen shots of the exact error message.

Please let me know how we can resolve this.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Just for the record Voogle is working fine for me. I won't be offering support through this forum but you can email me at or send a support ticket at Kandutech.zendesk.com
    Even if you only provide actual support through email or Zendesk, why can you not at least address the issues people are posting here? Why can't you provide a status update on your app? On why hardly anyone's voicemail works? On why the promised notifications haven't come? Escaped HTML errors being fixed? Improvements regarding contacts and mic/speaker access with 2.x? It's just really pedantic to refuse to address the issues people have written about in regards to your app because they didn't sign up for yet another support website or you think they haven't sent you an email despite their claims to the contrary because it works for you.

Everyone, we're not getting a decent GV or Google app unless HP Palm gets over itself and does most of the leg work, but they'd rather side with a less useful Bing and Microsoft. Yes, technically Google is the one that needs to pull its head out if its ***, but HP is the underdog and really, they have such small marketshare that expending the effort is a waste of time.
    Reply from Connor:

Ok I'll look at maybe converting the file server side. It sounds like it's a codec issue maybe.

Sent from my iPhone
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried using Voogle with Google's 2-step verification enabled? I realize it states that it isn't compatible...but I don't understand how...since other 3rd party apps on other platforms (GV Mobile+ on iOS) work fine. All Google does is create a one-time, app-specific password, how and why would that fail with Voogle, and only Voogle?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    All of this would be fine if the app was free but to continue to sell and charge people for broken app that you have no intention of supporting is ethically and morally wrong to say the least. And therein lies the frustration many people have on this thread.
    Exactly. What I don't understand is why HP continues to allow this and other such apps to be sold in their app catalog.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Apparently he is building iOS apps now. He probably doesn't care.
    I don't think he owns a WebOS phone anymore.
    Are there any alternatives to Voogle? I just switched from Sprint to Verizon and lost my GV 'Integration' so I needed a decent Voice app. I too bought the app since I could not find any alternatives for WebOS, only to find the interface horrible to use. I mean, I can't even tap a call in the call history to call the same person again. Also, why does it need a data connection?? Just dial my GV number, then dial 2 and then the number I'm trying to call followed by a #. Wouldn't that be a hell of a lot easier to code too?

I'd be willing to pay probably three times what I paid for Voogle for a GV app that actually works the way it's supposed to. It should actually mimic the native phone dialer in how it *works* not just how it *looks*. (And it shouldn't require a data connection)

-Jeremy
    RafRol likes this.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Hm...I don't use my Pre Plus as a phone, so I can really only comment on texting, but I find that the only decent solution is having the webapp open in a card and have either SMS or email notifications. Pretty sure that's the only real solution at the moment.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526