Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    agreed
  2.    #482  
    Sorry I haven't been on here for a while.

To everyone saying you've sent me an email: I haven't gotten any emails from anyone... my email is connorlacombe [at] me [dot] com.

It's really NOT that hard to get a hold of me, I've maybe gotten 2 tweets about Voogle in the last 3 weeks, maybe 1 email in the last 2 months about Voogle.

I don't have any plans for updates to Voogle within the next month or two. And I've been really busy with Tumbly HD for the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Sorry I haven't been on here for a while.

To everyone saying you've sent me an email: I haven't gotten any emails from anyone... my email is connorlacombe [at] me [dot] com.

It's really NOT that hard to get a hold of me, I've maybe gotten 2 tweets about Voogle in the last 3 weeks, maybe 1 email in the last 2 months about Voogle.

I don't have any plans for updates to Voogle within the next month or two. And I've been really busy with Tumbly HD for the TouchPad.
    So those that bought Voogle but can't login anymore are just stuck??? we can login to google account direct but no longer thru Google any suggestions?
    removing special characters hasn't worked
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    So those that bought Voogle but can't login anymore are just stuck??? we can login to google account direct but no longer thru Google any suggestions?
    removing special characters hasn't worked
    Definitely didn't say that... Send me an email or support ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Definitely didn't say that... Send me an email or support ticket.
    email sent
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    So I updated my Sprint Pre from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 yesterday night and everything worked fine with one exception: Voolge (2.1.1 or the new 2.1.2 released today) stopped playing VMs. I get this strange error message "...This is caused by an issue on Google's end. Please try again later." I only wonder why it used to work just fine with webOS 1.4.5 and then suddenly stopped working with webOS 2.1.0. Any ideas what to do?
    I have this exact same issue as well, whenever I try to listen to a voicemail. I have not successfully listened to a voicemail yet, and if I cant get this to work, its back to Android. I have a veer running 2.1.2.
    I've come to believe that there will never be an acceptable Google app for WebOS. The main reasons are that Google has no interest in supporting WebOS and will break the app when they do changes. And lastly no developer is interested in fixing or updating their app after the initial rush of people purchase it.

Voogle has gone the same route that gDial Pro, GV Dial and all the others have gone.

The best way to have all the functionality and none of the problems with it breaking is to do this:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...webos-2-x.html
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I've come to believe that there will never be an acceptable Google app for WebOS. The main reasons are that Google has no interest in supporting WebOS and will break the app when they do changes. And lastly no developer is interested in fixing or updating their app after the initial rush of people purchase it.

Voogle has gone the same route that gDial Pro, GV Dial and all the others have gone.

The best way to have all the functionality and none of the problems with it breaking is to do this:

Google does have interest.. They just don't see it worth it atm.. Just like other devs

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Google does have interest.. They just don't see it worth it atm.. Just like other devs

The first part of that sentence is contradicted by the next part.
    kill_dano likes this.
    The first part of that sentence is contradicted by the next part.
    no.. google's interest is in ads.. the fact that webOS has a very small userbase means that it wont likely continue development until it can capitalize on its marketshare.. just like you wont see google making a Bada app..

but its NOT because google has android.

certain features will come to android first but will be made available for iOS and other platforms that gain marketshare
    I think we're saying the same thing but by "interest" I mean enough to do something about it.
    I haven't read through all 25 pages of this thread but has anyone else had an issue where when they send a message in voogle and the recipient receives random characters. For example, if I say hey hows it going, I would get something like: hey h>0*% g%@#.
    phillyeagles36,
    Voogle is essentially a dead app right now.
    phillyeagles36,
    Voogle is essentially a dead app right now.
    So I've heard.
    I think we're saying the same thing but by "interest" I mean enough to do something about it.
    Oh.. Ok.. I have a problem arguing w people saying the same thing as me

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I just got a Verizon Pre Plus and I'm only using it on wifi...having been used to iOS and Android, I just assumed there would be a halfway decent GV app... Am I to take it then that there isn't and that I shouldn't buy Voogle? All I want is texting support (including notifications), is there any solution? The webapp doesn't even seem to work right in the browser
    There are no decent or useful GV apps on webOS.

My recommendation is you upgrade to webOS 2.1 and enable flash. Then use the GV website.

~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Oh I'm on 2.1...but the webapp still doesn't work right. To read a new text (at the bottom of a thread), I have to scroll all the way down, then to reply, I have to scroll all the way back up. That and there's no notifications...on that front, it would seem my only option would be email notifications? It's really too bad Voogle has been essentially abandoned.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    Oh I'm on 2.1...but the webapp still doesn't work right. To read a new text (at the bottom of a thread), I have to scroll all the way down, then to reply, I have to scroll all the way back up. That and there's no notifications...on that front, it would seem my only option would be email notifications? It's really too bad Voogle has been essentially abandoned.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

There's your problem, your on an EVO 3D!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    I just got a Verizon Pre Plus and I'm only using it on wifi...having been used to iOS and Android, I just assumed there would be a halfway decent GV app... Am I to take it then that there isn't and that I shouldn't buy Voogle? All I want is texting support (including notifications), is there any solution? The webapp doesn't even seem to work right in the browser
    Voogle, coupled with SMS and/or email notifications work well for me.