Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    just a newbie question... so when you call it doesn't use your minutes? i use google voce for international calls...

i can call over 3g right?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    just a newbie question... so when you call it doesn't use your minutes? i use google voce for international calls...

i can call over 3g right?
    It uses your minutes. You cannot call over 3G.

You can text over 3G, which does not use your text allotment.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It uses your minutes. You cannot call over 3G.

You can text over 3G, which does not use your text allotment.
    thanks... so if i call an international number, it uses my local minutes? or do i pay for the international rate in my wireless too?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    thanks... so if i call an international number, it uses my local minutes? or do i pay for the international rate in my wireless too?
    Now that I don't know. What happens is that you get a call from your Google Voice number connecting you. So, it seems to me that you would be using local minutes on your plan and if GV charges anything for international calls, GV would charge you for that.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Now that I don't know. What happens is that you get a call from your Google Voice number connecting you. So, it seems to me that you would be using local minutes on your plan and if GV charges anything for international calls, GV would charge you for that.
    thanks for that. i hope a get a straight answer for this I want to get the app but this will be a deal breaker for me
    This is absolutely correct.
    Looks like I'm not going to have to wait for Voogle to become a usable app. Sprint+Google voice deal is all I need. The phone becomes the google voice app
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Looks like I'm not going to have to wait for Voogle to become a usable app. Sprint+Google voice deal is all I need. The phone becomes the google voice app
    How do we know this is not exclusive to android devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    How do we know this is not exclusive to android devices?
    Because the press release says it'll work on all phones.

Alternatively, Google Voice users can choose to replace their Sprint number with their Google Voice number when placing calls or sending text messages from their Sprint handset. This feature works on all Sprint phones and gives Sprint users all the benefits of Google Voice without the need for an app.
    ---Sprint Integrates Google Voice - Google Voice Blog
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Perhaps, but still no sign of life for webos devices on sprint as of yet.

Continue to support this kid if you are sticking with webos on
    sprint for now
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Perhaps, but still no sign of life for webos devices on sprint as of yet.

Continue to support this kid if you are sticking with webos on
    sprint for now
    Well, you'll still use the app if you want to check call history, do free/wifi texting, basically for everything except calling, which you can now do via Google Voice straight from the dialer, and voicemails, which did not work consistently. I mean, you can check these things on the mobile website, but I don't really like the mobile website. The only thing is I wonder if dialing your (now GV) number from Sprint will get you to the GV voicemail or if the Phone app will update with voicemail notifications left on GV. Probably not.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Google Maps "works" on webOS, too. Still not the way it works on Android, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Google Maps "works" on webOS, too. Still not the way it works on Android, though.
    Uh, okay? The changes require server side work, not a dedicated app on your phone. That's what it'll work for all phones.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I had to ditch YouView/YouMail because of the YouMail/Sprint issues.

I am back to Google Voice and am using Voogle, a very nice app.

The issue I have is that as I am using it for all voice mail, when I get a voice mail, listen to it or read it, if I want to call the number back, clicking the little phone icon in the upper right lets me dial the number via the app and google voice, is there a way to give you an option to either dial with gv or dial with the phone?

Most of the calls fielded by Google Voice will be from people who know my cell phone, not my gv number.

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I had to ditch YouView/YouMail because of the YouMail/Sprint issues.

I am back to Google Voice and am using Voogle, a very nice app.

The issue I have is that as I am using it for all voice mail, when I get a voice mail, listen to it or read it, if I want to call the number back, clicking the little phone icon in the upper right lets me dial the number via the app and google voice, is there a way to give you an option to either dial with gv or dial with the phone?

Most of the calls fielded by Google Voice will be from people who know my cell phone, not my gv number.

Thanks!
    1st: officially abandoned YouView and am using Voogle, so far VERY happy with it.

2. I like the idea quoted above, but more importantly:

3. Any chance of a swipe to archive option? Perhaps the two buttons could be delete and archive instead of delete and cancel? then a simple backswipe would serve as cancel? or an option of what you'd want there?

4. Sorry if this is already addressed in the forum, I did some skimming but this forum is pretty long now.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post

Thanks!
    So this option, to select either your GV number or phone number, to dial, and notifications, would make this app perfect.

Can these be done?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Google Voice Mobile site has an old unknown site. To start a call back browse to this URL: https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/m/contacts. Highly recommend creating a bookmark to this site or add to launch page (Web > Page > Add To Launcher). To have mobile Google Voice call your SIP client go into Settings > My Mobile Number. Then select the phone number that points to your IPKALL account which point to a SIP service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    anybody else initiate a call via voogle and then not get a call back?...I subsequently get a voicemail with the other end trying to talk to me. This happens in a normal (good) coverage area too.

EDIT: This does not happen all the time and I see my bars go all over the place when this happens but not if i make a normal call
    Just for the record, you posted the following on 10/29/2010:

Features:
    These are features that will be implemented in Voogle:
    Notifications
    Voicemail Transcription
    webOS-like Txt Client
    Call from the app
    View all your folders
    Check your balance.
    Listen to voicemails
    Automatically pulls contacts from Google
    Shows if a message is read/unread
    Shows starred messages
    Swipe to delete functionality
    Plus many more that I'm probably forgetting.

The top feature listed there is notifications and it still has yet to be implemented. That feature alone is the key to making this a useful app vs. an extreme chore! I just lowered my App catalog rating from 5 stars to 1 as I'm tired of your lack of motivation on doing what you said you would do to make this app useful. How are we supposed to know when we get a new text message without notifications? Is it practical to have to load the app and check regularly just to see if we have any? no! Get notifications out and my rating will go back up.. sorta pathetic that you relased a version 2.0 without adding that much needed feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Just for the record, you posted the following on 10/29/2010:

Features:
    These are features that will be implemented in Voogle:
    Notifications
    Voicemail Transcription
    webOS-like Txt Client ...The top feature listed there is notifications and it still has yet to be implemented. That feature alone is the key to making this a useful app vs. an extreme chore! I just lowered my App catalog rating from 5 stars to 1 as I'm tired of your lack of motivation on doing what you said you would do to make this app useful. How are we supposed to know when we get a new text message without notifications? Is it practical to have to load the app and check regularly just to see if we have any? no! Get notifications out and my rating will go back up.. sorta pathetic that you relased a version 2.0 without adding that much needed feature.
    Text messages should come right to you Phone (assuming you are using Ur Pre) via the messaging app. This is without voogle having notifications
    It only forwards the texts to your phone if you enable the setting in Google Voice. If you don't have unlimited text messages and are using Google Voice for the free texting, it's an option that you'd probably want to leave off.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM