Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Ok, I def. think there is some correlation between old accounts and broken voicemail. I'll see if I can do anything.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Established a new GV account and now login & audio playback issues solved. My original GV account was established during the GV Beta period and with the original Voogle everything worked for a while - first audio failed to work then with the latest update login was rejected. I now believe the error messages blaming Google. Great App - thanks for the hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by ntg5659 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Established a new GV account and now login & audio playback issues solved. My original GV account was established during the GV Beta period and with the original Voogle everything worked for a while - first audio failed to work then with the latest update login was rejected. I now believe the error messages blaming Google. Great App - thanks for the hard work!
    I have had GV since you needed an invite -- how do i go about establishing a new account -- is it a pain to migrate everything there? i have my calender and contacts all set up
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I have had GV since you needed an invite -- how do i go about establishing a new account -- is it a pain to migrate everything there? i have my calender and contacts all set up
    Well when I was testing different accounts, I found that I couldn't change my google voice account (number) without being charged by Google $15 or so.

I guess if you just create a new dummy google account to use with Gvoice, that would do it, however, if you want to migrate your current gvoice number to the new account, you have to pay Google.

At least last I checked (about 2 weeks ago)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Google is less than friendly regarding any changes, migration or even deletion of GV accounts. You can pay $10 for a new number but I don't know that it would work as well as a new account. I had very limited contacts and calendar entries so it wasn't a big deal to walk away from the old account and build a new one. Contacts can be exported and you could try exporting the calendar or even sharing it with your new account.
    I only use the new account for GV. Google has Multiple Sign In enabled for Google Voice, so you can switch to the new account from your main account to check it pretty effortlessly. The GV extension for Chrome also lets you specify which account in Multiple Sign In you want to use, so you can stay logged into your main gmail account in websites and still call/text/check your GV inbox on the other account via the extension.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    This issue is not limited to Voogle. The phone app and pin unlock exhibit this issue as well.
    I made a comparison video to show how stacks up to the phone's dialer.
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I made a comparison video to show how stacks up to the phone's dialer.
    I'll see if I can make it faster. Also, you can just hold the back arrow to clear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    This issue is not limited to Voogle. The phone app and pin unlock exhibit this issue as well.
    yup

pin lock is the worst.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I'll see if I can make it faster. Also, you can just hold the back arrow to clear it.
    Also key tones or vibrate doesn't work ... It may be related

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    is there any way to get voicemail notifications to work correctly?

i get zero. but when I open the voogle app, I get all 10+ notifications popping up at once which I have to wait for before voogle becomes responsive again.

very annoying
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    is there any way to get voicemail notifications to work correctly?

i get zero. but when I open the voogle app, I get all 10+ notifications popping up at once which I have to wait for before voogle becomes responsive again.

very annoying
    Actually, Voogle 2.x doesn't have notifications at all...
  12.    #432  
    Has anyone been having issues making calls using Voogle? Apparently one guy said he is having issues but he's the only one that has reported this issue so far.
    Has anyone been having issues making calls using Voogle? Apparently one guy said he is having issues but he's the only one that has reported this issue so far.
    Haven't had a chance to play with it since last update .. Will check tomorrow

Still slow... But better than before.. Also why doesn't voogle recognize the labels it shows every number as Other from the contact picker???

A nice addition to this app would be a preference to add a pin code to launching the app, in case you dont want just anyone picking up your phone and checking out your stuff. Of course I'd much rather have the MUCH needed notifications that you keep saying are coming but its starting to feel like how palm webos 2.x was also coming to legacy devices..
    Also.. Just of the top of my head... When taping on the dialer icon or text icon it should launch a new card.. Labels need to be recognized as I stated above.. Dialer if possible to be sped up a drop more.. And a configurable history, not just current month.. Also a help page with a link to the support site.. Finally.. Quick action to dial?

Thanks

Other than that .. Sometimes texts don't send

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    What's with the html character encoding?

It showed up that way on the other end as way. That should have read:

Ihop, angelos, ruby tuesday's, or the diner?
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    What's with the html character encoding?

It showed up that way on the other end as way. That should have read:

Ihop, angelos, ruby tuesday's, or the diner?
    He has already submitted a fix to Palm that addresses this..

Update: It's now available in the app catalog.. go update.
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/14/2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    So I updated my Sprint Pre from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 yesterday night and everything worked fine with one exception: Voolge (2.1.1 or the new 2.1.2 released today) stopped playing VMs. I get this strange error message "...This is caused by an issue on Google's end. Please try again later." I only wonder why it used to work just fine with webOS 1.4.5 and then suddenly stopped working with webOS 2.1.0. Any ideas what to do?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    downloaded Voogles news update

Everything still works fine. Dial tone, vibrate and listening to voicemails included.
    One recommendation if possible. Under your missed calls, if I can click on their number and it opens the dialer. That would be a good feature.

U.S. Verizon Pre Plus
    Grand central and Google voice beta member
    Registered with Gmail account.