Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Explain to me how I'm being stubborn?
    You just did..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Wait, hold on.. You've never even TRIED the app and you're giving your opinion on it? Does that honestly make sense to you?
    I'm not giving my opinion on the app, just the issues with it. As I would recommend anyone with these kind of issues to do.. Go through the proper channels.. If you won't listen to the obvious complaints of your customers than maybe you will listen if they come from HP complaining on their behalf.. Again I would recommend this for anyone experiencing what I've glanced at in this thread and in the user reviews

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The problem is the majority of complaints are people like you who don't own the app. Buy the app and if you have a problem then complain. If you do have the app and have an issue, make a ticket. It's don't see that as a problem. The mod's should really clean up this thread so people can read what's legitimate. Open up a thread on sound advice instead of pouring it into here.
    Last edited by f1lm3r; 03/02/2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1lm3r View Post
    The problem is the majority of complaints are people like you who don't own the app. Buy the app and if you have a problem then complain. If you do have the app and have an issue, make a ticket. It's don't see that as a problem. The mod's should really clean up this thread so people can read what's legitimate. Open up a thread on sound advice instead of pouring it into here.
    He can apply for his own subforum BTW and moderate it on his own

Quote Originally Posted by f1lm3r View Post
    I am pretty sure the majority of the complaints in the App Catalog resulting in Voogle's tenuous 3 star rating do not come from people who do not own the app.

Furthermore, people have been in Voogle beta programs, where complaints and features were not addressed. I had to come to this thread to find out the Get Satisfaction website set up during the beta period has been abandoned for another website I have to make an account for.

On the hand, I can simply email the Koto Player dev, also a teen, and get a response same day about getting a bug resolved. Awesome support, and very cordial. Even if the bug can't be fixed right away, I don't mind because I know he's working on it and takes it seriously.

I have sent feedback, gotten support for, and been in beta programs for many apps and had no problems. I've even gotten thanks and compliments for my help. I asked to be in the Voogle 2 beta to give this help to Connor and it basically really just served as a way to test his iPhone interface, which was disappointing.

Anyway, it is what is. It's just $2 and I'm a sparse GV user, so I'm not bothered, just...mildly annoyed at things being ignored and customers being blamed.

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I do not have the app.

I would try the app if it were available in a way that was free to try.

I am not comfortable buying the app given the number of complaints that exist.

I am not happy with what appears to be a lack of responsiveness and flexibility from the developer - but since I have only hearsay on this point I cannot count it as strongly as I would if I had direct experience with this.

I am interested in seeing this app thrive. If there are problems with webOS and Google Voice that needs to be clear. Given the high degree of problems reported in the app catalog it would be helpful if a time or feature limited free version was available that tested the features that are problematic.
  7.    #387  
    My email has been in this thread many times and here it is again: connorlacombe@me.com - Honestly just send me an email.

@sketch42 Why would you even think I'm not listening to complaints from users?...

Anyway, I'm submitting a new update soon.
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    You just did..

How?
    All I'm saying is that he's gone out of his way to publish a YouTube video ( ) with "funny"? annotations and yet I haven't even gotten a support ticket from him? He's even told me on Twitter multiple times that he is having issues with Voogle, I've told him the support link MULTIPLE times and I literally haven't received a single support ticket from him.
    I submitted a ticket the day I made the youtube video and I attached it to the ticket. I'm not surprised you forgot, being that it was closed after 6 days. Why are you closing support tickets before the issues are resolved? After being deleted why would I send more support tickets? I must enjoy waisting time.

Support ticket transcript (deleted form the site, this is from my email.)

kill_dano, Dec-06 08:43 (CST):
    I made a little video of the voice mail issues

The other main issue that's not in the video is that sometimes I go into folders and they just load a blank screen.

Connor LaCombe, Dec-06 14:27 (CST):
    Well the only issues I saw were the folders not loading, slow load times and voicemails not opening when you tap them. I'll look into it, the load times could partially be your internet, probably more about our servers though considering the high amount of requests we have to process. I'm not sure about the other issues right now, I'll look into them before I release the next update. If there are other issues, let me know.

Connor LaCombe, Dec-13 09:14 (CST):
    It's been over 6 days since a response, I'm going to mark this as solved.

Ticket #40: Voicemail and other issues
    Your request (#40) has been deemed solved.

To review, comment and reopen the request, follow the link below:

http://support.kandutech.com/tickets/40
    My email has been in this thread many times and here it is again: connorlacombe@me.com - Honestly just send me an email.

@sketch42 Why would you even think I'm not listening to complaints from users?...

Anyway, I'm submitting a new update soon.
    Based on my reading of this thread and the Reviews..

I agree with Unclevanya that if some issues are more stubborn than others to fix a trial should be posted.. Possibly a more extensive beta as well. Also seriously if a feature is not working for anywhere between 38% - above of your users than pull it from the features list OR at least put a disclaimer saying it may not work for some users .. Its been done before ask Achilles from syntactix as he was and currently still is working on contact integration.

Do these things.. Be proactive not defensive and you won't see as many complaints. If you truly are willing to listen to your customers than do these things.. Again I am regurgitating what has been asked of by several users here, not from my own experience with the app, as I can't see to by a product that may not work as advertised. Disclaimers are a good thing.

11.    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I submitted a ticket the day I made the youtube video and I attached it to the ticket. I'm not surprised you forgot, being that it was closed after 6 days. Why are you closing support tickets before the issues are resolved? After being deleted why would I send more support tickets? I must enjoy waisting time.

Support ticket transcript (deleted form the site, this is from my email.)

kill_dano, Dec-06 08:43 (CST):
    I made a little video of the voice mail issues

The other main issue that's not in the video is that sometimes I go into folders and they just load a blank screen.

Connor LaCombe, Dec-06 14:27 (CST):
    Well the only issues I saw were the folders not loading, slow load times and voicemails not opening when you tap them. I'll look into it, the load times could partially be your internet, probably more about our servers though considering the high amount of requests we have to process. I'm not sure about the other issues right now, I'll look into them before I release the next update. If there are other issues, let me know.

Connor LaCombe, Dec-13 09:14 (CST):
    It's been over 6 days since a response, I'm going to mark this as solved.

Ticket #40: Voicemail and other issues
    Your request (#40) has been deemed solved.

To review, comment and reopen the request, follow the link below:

http://support.kandutech.com/tickets/40
    Yeah I closed it because you didn't respond for 6 days.. Plus I input everything into a separate application that I use to track progress on Voogle.
    Yeah I closed it because you didn't respond for 6 days.. Plus I input everything into a separate application that I use to track progress on Voogle.
    I have to agree with connor on this one as a support ticket needs constant attention from both sides

Why would you expect him to respond? In the note you attached to the support ticket you indicated you would be investigating the issues ("I'll look into it"). You never asked him to provide you more information about the issues he described in his video. It was you who should have responded back to him. But instead of providing him with an update, 6 days later you simply closed out the support ticket with no indication as to the status of your investigation.

Then to top it all off, you claim on here that he never sent you a "single support ticket" which is obviously not true. I'm sure he hasn't sent you another support ticket since then though. I don't blame him if you never provide updates and close out the tickets without resolving the issues.

Seriously, you need to work on improving your customer support if you're going to be selling apps in the catalog. It all starts with listening to feedback which you seem to be having a hard time doing. Based upon some of things you said on Twitter, you seem to be taking this feedback personally. Instead, listen to the feedback and use it to grow.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Well it's unfortunate that there seems to be more negative remarks about the app when it works perfectly for me and probably dozens more. 3/5 stars is above average with 166 reviews and counting for such a difficult app to make. All the issues I experienced in the previous app were resolved. The UI is much cleaner. I can listen to voice mails, although speaker only, which I could only do before when listening to them via Gmail. Texting is fine and just about anything else I can think of. The dev seems to actually exchange dialogue whether it's quick or defensive. I'm rather happy my lofty $2.00 went toward the app.
  15.    #395  
    Well then, anyway...

After testing and talking to beta testers I've been able to figure out that the voicemail issue only effects people that signed up when it was still Grand Central or when Google was beta-inviting people to Google Voice..

I'm pretty sure this is the issue, if some of you wouldn't mind making a new dummy account so you can test this and let me know if you can listen to the intro-voicemail in the new account, that'd be helpful. Thanks.

And sorry to anyone I ****ed off, when you have a ton of people all "attacking me"/being ****ed like I had yesterday it gets pretty irritating.
    Well then, anyway...

After testing and talking to beta testers I've been able to figure out that the voicemail issue only effects people that signed up when it was still Grand Central or when Google was beta-inviting people to Google Voice..

I'm pretty sure this is the issue, if some of you wouldn't mind making a new dummy account so you can test this and let me know if you can listen to the intro-voicemail in the new account, that'd be helpful. Thanks.

And sorry to anyone I ****ed off, when you have a ton of people all "attacking me"/being ****ed like I had yesterday it gets pretty irritating.
    I don't want to rain on that theory, but I've had my account since it was beta only and I've never had these issues that some of the others are having.. So, not sure thats totally accurate..
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I don't think this can be applied to all cases. I signed up with Grand Central a long time ago and later on moved on to Google Voice (when Grand Central got acquired). The first public release of Google Voice would not play voice mails for me. However, with revision 1.0.1 this changed. Ever since this version playing voice mails works just fine for me.
  18.    #398  
    Yeah actually, it might just be Grand Central...
  19.    #399  
    Well then, looks like my theory is busted. T_T I'll look into this a bit more.
    Well, I signed up when they were express accepting students, which was a few months before going public I believe. When I first downloaded Voogle, that account would play voicemails. But after the second update, it stopped playing voicemails and it hasn't played since. I created a new account and that account plays voicemails fine. I also made the last four digits of that account my birthday, so I'll probably make this my default voice account. ^^;;
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM