Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. jhp
    I just upgraded to V2, and now I can't view messages in my inbox; I've attached an example below.

I tried removing and re-installing without any luck; any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    This is why I'm hesitant

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I appreciate Connor tackling the challenge of creating a Google Voice client for webOS and all the hard work that he's put into it, but the negative reviews have kept me away from trying this app as well. For now I'll stick with YouView/YouMail which works well for me.

Other than the bugs/issues, the other major reason why I'd be reluctant to try Voogle is the quality of the customer support. Voogle can be considered a mission critical application for people who rely on their Google Voice data. It's worrisome that major bugs were being reported in the app catalog and it's taken such a long time to get an update out (assuming Voogle 2 fixes the issues). Major bugs like this should not take such a long period of time to fix.

The other customer support issue is the way he interacts with customers. It's really easy to take compliments and praise, but not as easy to take criticism especially about something you worked so hard on. I noticed one particular exchange on WebOSRoundup (Did Someone Say Voogle2?!?! | webOSroundup) where he was pretty rude to someone reporting issues. Even if you think a customer is attacking you, you always have to maintain a level of professionalism and treat your customers with respect. Your responsibility to your customers does not end when you finish testing your app and release it.

Connor took on a daunting challenge (Google Voice) where others have failed, but that's only half the battle. The second half is the maintenance and support of the app. If he can start to win that battle and improve his customer support (get the issues fixed and improve his exchanges with customers), I'll be happy to give Voogle a try.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I just want notifications.. they were said to be coming in Voogle1 and never did and now still not in Voogle2. Sort of surprised this was even released as it really doesn't have much changes other than appearance.. I wish he would make the notifications a priority..
    re: the 2-step stuff

Connor posted a statement here: http://kandutech.zendesk.com/entries...authentication

2-step is incompatible with gvoice apps right now. I brought it to his attention via twitter that people buying the app don't find out about that until it's too late, and that those people might not want to disable the feature.

I'll consider disabling 2-step after voogle has notifications. Love the app otherwise, and I use a really secure password anyway.
    Last edited by suburban_war; 03/01/2011 at 12:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hi,

re:Login problem

I just upgraded to the new 2.x version and now login to my Gvoice account fails. It worked perfectly in the previous version, and now continually fails. I do not have two factor authentication in place and so that should not be an issue. It appears that others have experienced this, but I have not seen a resolution yet.

TIA
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    The program is essentially useless if you want to listen to your voicemail. Other than that it's neat.
    Last edited by Nesta; 03/02/2011 at 05:42 AM.
    This app needs to go back to alpha testing. The amount of bugs in it are ridiculous. I I asked to beta test when it was in V1 and then again in V2 and got ignored (probably due to my negative comments)

It's impressive to see such a young developer and all, but it ceases to be impressive when I end up using the GV mobile site to avoid the head ache.
    This is in no way at anyone particular poster, etc... I am just putting in my $.02.

The frustration that some users are having is understandable. I guess I've been pretty lucky using Voogle on my Pre- (Sprint) with different Google Voice accounts. I've not had any of the issues mentioned here in the thread nor the ones listed in the app catalog comments and I've been using Voogle since it was first released and also helped beta test Voogle2.

I guess it begs to ask what could be the common thread between those with the problems and those that don't. Is it the way their Google Voice account is configured? Is it the way their devices are configured?

I don't have any answers for those with the problems. Hopefully giving Connor some thorough bug reports, repeatable test cases, etc... (as some people already have) can help get things figured out.

As often as Google changes stuff, it creates more problems for those developers creating webOS apps using Google's services.

IMHO, Connor is doing a pretty damn good job so far for such a young developer. He's fighting an uphill battle trying to put something on webOS that Google should have had a native app (not web app) for in the first place.

Keep up the great work Connor!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    The program is essentially useless if you want to listen to youu voicemail...
    What do you mean? Are you referring to the part about having to listen to your voicemails through the speakerphone instead of the ear piece?

If I remember correctly (I could be wrong), that is a limitation of the released APIs for the older versions of webOS.

I'm not sure where that stands with webOS 2.x and newer, but if you're running 1.4.5 and older, then that would be why it is like it is.

That would be a Palm problem, not a Voogle problem.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    What do you mean? Are you referring to the part about having to listen to your voicemails through the speakerphone instead of the ear piece?

If I remember correctly (I could be wrong), that is a limitation of the released APIs for the older versions of webOS.

I'm not sure where that stands with webOS 2.x and newer, but if you're running 1.4.5 and older, then that would be why it is like it is.

Nah, he is probably talking about the failure of the app to play voicemails.

I agree, I would love to help Connor out with bug reports. But I was in the beta program, offered my suggestions, and told him where things weren't working (including voicemail), was never asked to give anything in return, most suggestions weren't responded to, and in the end, was basically told the voicemails are a Google issue that Voogle cannot fix.

Which, okay, but I mean...just be up front about it before someone buys your app. Personally, Dan reminded me that I had bought Youview, so I went back to that and will keep Voogle for the free texting.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhp View Post
    I just upgraded to V2, and now I can't view messages in my inbox; I've attached an example below.

I tried removing and re-installing without any luck; any ideas?
    Wow.. that shouldn't happen.. o_o Do you have Google Voice already set up on your desktop? http://google.com/voice
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post

on my phone as well as a lot of peoples when accessing the inbox an error message that states voogle cannot download voicemail playback due to a problem that is google's and not voogles. i like this app and hope it succeeds but i do not think the issue is google. i had an early version of voogle that worked perfectly --then i recieved a voogle update and from there on i had only the ability to read the transcriptions and only after swiping away the error message -- i think this is what is meant. -- i even alpha tested voogle 2 and reported this issue... are you using voogle 2 ? are you experiencing a fully functional voogle?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Nah, he is probably talking about the failure of the app to play voicemails.

I agree, I would love to help Connor out with bug reports. But I was in the beta program, offered my suggestions, and told him where things weren't working (including voicemail), was never asked to give anything in return, most suggestions weren't responded to, and in the end, was basically told the voicemails are a Google issue that Voogle cannot fix.

Which, okay, but I mean...just be up front about it before someone buys your app. Personally, Dan reminded me that I had bought Youview, so I went back to that and will keep Voogle for the free texting.
    Except voice messages DO play for some people. How am I suppose to say "voicemail may or may not work for you. but go ahead and buy this app anyway"?
  14.    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    on my phone as well as a lot of peoples when accessing the inbox an error message that states voogle cannot download voicemail playback due to a problem that is google's and not voogles. i like this app and hope it succeeds but i do not think the issue is google. i had an early version of voogle that worked perfectly --then i recieved a voogle update and from there on i had only the ability to read the transcriptions and only after swiping away the error message -- i think this is what is meant. -- i even alpha tested voogle 2 and reported this issue... are you using voogle 2 ? are you experiencing a fully functional voogle?
    If you can't load voicemail from http://m.google.com/voice then it is Google's issue. Otherwise let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Except voice messages DO play for some people. How am I suppose to say "voicemail may or may not work for you. but go ahead and buy this app anyway"?
    If you can't guaranteed it for everyone, it needs to be de-listed as a feature or Palm needs to refund their money. I'm sorry that the Google API is a PITA, but it is what it is.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    This app needs to go back to alpha testing. The amount of bugs in it are ridiculous. I I asked to beta test when it was in V1 and then again in V2 and got ignored (probably due to my negative comments)

It's impressive to see such a young developer and all, but it ceases to be impressive when I end up using the GV mobile site to avoid the head ache.
    You could always submit a ticket to kandutech so I actually know what issues you're having.
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    If you can't load voicemail from http://m.google.com/voice then it is Google's issue. Otherwise let me know.
    it won't load from the mobile site on the phone -- so i agree maybe a google problem but why did it work for me for a while then quit and why does it work for some people still and not others -- must be a setting somewhere -- wish it could be found
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I was in the most recent beta and it was my first experience with Voogle. I like the app, and I was able to play voicemail. My biggest issue was that sometimes texts would be sent, sometimes they wouldn't. Also, the dialpad was a bit buggy. I often kept the Google voice mobile page up as a backup. I have not downloaded the new version to hit the catalog.
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I appreciate Connor tackling the challenge of creating a Google Voice client for webOS and all the hard work that he's put into it, but the negative reviews have kept me away from trying this app as well. For now I'll stick with YouView/YouMail which works well for me.

Other than the bugs/issues, the other major reason why I'd be reluctant to try Voogle is the quality of the customer support. Voogle can be considered a mission critical application for people who rely on their Google Voice data. It's worrisome that major bugs were being reported in the app catalog and it's taken such a long time to get an update out (assuming Voogle 2 fixes the issues). Major bugs like this should not take such a long period of time to fix.

The other customer support issue is the way he interacts with customers. It's really easy to take compliments and praise, but not as easy to take criticism especially about something you worked so hard on. I noticed one particular exchange on WebOSRoundup (Did Someone Say Voogle2?!?! | webOSroundup) where he was pretty rude to someone reporting issues. Even if you think a customer is attacking you, you always have to maintain a level of professionalism and treat your customers with respect. Your responsibility to your customers does not end when you finish testing your app and release it.

Connor took on a daunting challenge (Google Voice) where others have failed, but that's only half the battle. The second half is the maintenance and support of the app. If he can start to win that battle and improve his customer support (get the issues fixed and improve his exchanges with customers), I'll be happy to give Voogle a try.
    So completely re-writing and updating an app isn't considered maintenance anymore? ._.
    @mespiff

Fully functional from all aspects that I use it and all features when beta testing it. What would you like me to test?

Yes I'm using Voogle2.