Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks for the update... So it turned out Voogle was using up a lot of data, compared to pushing email, chat all day long. Will there be a manual, or interval refresh option in Voogle 2? I only use Voogle because it has the ability to use my contacts from my phone. It would be nice if you could default to the dialpad when launched. I could care less about the notifications, as I get them via email already.
    I recently enabled the new two-step / two-factor authentication on my Google account. So far, Voogle is the only app that's giving me trouble. It won't prompt for the "verification code" when I enter my normal password, and it seems to be unable to use an application-specific password. In both cases, the message I get back is "The credentials you entered are invalid or our server is currently down."

I have version 1.0.2 from the App Catalog. Am I doing something wrong? If not, are there any plans to support this authentication method in the future?
    Is it possible to use Voogle on an unactivated Pre 2 to make phone calls? I was thinking about getting an unactivated Pre 2 to supplement my Sprint Pre, and I wanted to know if you could still make calls when you only have WiFi. If it can work with WiFi tethering using freeTether, then I'll only carry around my Pre to give my Pre 2 data anywhere. I'd just like to know if it can work first.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Is it possible to use Voogle on an unactivated Pre 2 to make phone calls? I was thinking about getting an unactivated Pre 2 to supplement my Sprint Pre, and I wanted to know if you could still make calls when you only have WiFi. If it can work with WiFi tethering using freeTether, then I'll only carry around my Pre to give my Pre 2 data anywhere. I'd just like to know if it can work first.

Google Voice still requires an active phone line, so you wouldn't be able to make or receive calls from your Pre2 through it. It needs a traditional, legitimate phone number attached to a cellular network (or landline) to work.
    Ok, I guess I'll have to wait for that Linphone app then.

I just bought this app and it solves a lot of problems for me, but I use GV for work and I'd love to see support for adding/editing/viewing notes - any chance of getting it in the next version?
  7.    #327  

Well Google Voice isn't VoIP though...
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Well Google Voice isn't VoIP though...
    It can be if you do something like this:
    Google Voice VoIP on Android just got a lot easier with PBXes peering | Kyle Hasegawa

That only allowed for SIP to SIP calling.. as in, no calling normal phone lines.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Problems I keep having with Voogle

Carrier Verizon
    Country U.S.

Notifications keep popping up constantly. Won't go away sometimes. Will sometimes go away if I reply to a text.
    Error message popping up saying username and password are incorrect
    Eventually locks me out of email and I have to go through captcha to unlock.

Uninstalled/reinstalled once. Same problem, both times.

Any solutions?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    f1lm3r, I had the error message issue. I only use the app to send text messages while I'm at work, building is a complete black hole for cell signal, so this may not really work for you. I have my phone listed as mobile and able to receive text messages on the Voice website. Then on the phone I close the app after I send a text message. Has kept me from having to deal with that, also helped alleviate the massive battery drain I got.

Sorry that I can't help with your other issues.

Jason
    Voogle for me has practically ceased to be a useable product. Even after reinstalling and what not, it still constantly tells me that it's encountering errors while loading my voicemails and then blaming it on Google. Hopefully now that HP owns WebOS, Google will get it's head out and make us an official app.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moist View Post
    Voogle for me has practically ceased to be a useable product. Even after reinstalling and what not, it still constantly tells me that it's encountering errors while loading my voicemails and then blaming it on Google. Hopefully now that HP owns WebOS, Google will get it's head out and make us an official app.
    i have to agree - i have been very excited about this ap and when i first installed it i was able to get my messages on the phone but then there was a voogle update and it was broken -- verizon user as well. I have been using youview with my messages forwarded to you mail from my google voice account and it works passable / for now / until something better comes along
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  14.    #334  
    Voogle2 is now available in the App Catalog. literally every issue has been fixed.
    Voogle2 is now available in the App Catalog. literally every issue has been fixed.
    Any chance we could get a changelog?
    I'm very hesitant about buying this as there are a lot of neg reviews in the App catalog

I'm not a user of Voogle so I can't confirm this, but there are still people leaving reviews about Voogle 2 saying they're still having issues. I'd check the catalog review section before making this claim!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm not a user of Voogle so I can't confirm this, but there are still people leaving reviews about Voogle 2 saying they're still having issues. I'd check the catalog review section before making this claim!
    This is why I'm hesitant

Well, the voicemail issue is still not fixed. I know it's a Google issue, but...you can't really advertise in your app that you can listen to voicemails when you can't.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, the voicemail issue is still not fixed. I know it's a Google issue, but...you can't really advertise in your app that you can listen to voicemails when you can't.
    Agreed. I like your dedication to this app tho.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G